It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Circle: LINE thru Earth's Megalithic Civilizations with less than one tenth degree margin err

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the 'great circle' of civilization?

when drawn around the world divides the world in two 'halves'

and intersects virtually all the major ancient megacities/historical wonders of the world,

all in a straight line around the Earth with less than one tenth latitudinal degree in margin of error:

Giza Pyramid
Oracle of Siwa
CIty of Petra
Sumeria City of Ur
Perseopolis City of Persia
Mojenjo Daro City of Pakistan
Indus Valley, Ganweriwala, & Ganges of India
Ankgor Wat
Machu Picchu
Nazca lines
Easter Island

The Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Brahman and Buddhist religions, as well as ancient Egyptian and Peruvian religions, were also developed along this line.

In modern times, it is said the early Freemasons constructed the major cities of America in a similar line:
- Boston
- New York City
- Philadephia
- Baltimore
- Washington
one straight line can be drawn thru them all. why?

is imitation the sincerest form of flattery??
are the Freemasons thus expressing homage to the Ancients?

edit on 31-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
oh and extending the Boston-NY-Philly-Baltimore-DC line.....

you pass right thru the heart of Great Britain, England

and reach STONEHENGE!

edit on 31-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Fairly massive weight was added to these sites as well... With the Earth acting as a massive gyroscope it makes you wonder.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

One and two sentence replies ("wisecracks") can kill good discussions Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter. A series of videos does not count as discussion.
ATS policy on comments that do not add to the discussion

edit on 1-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That is crazy! This is why I love ATS-it makes you think.

What does this mean? Have the same people owned the world forever and there is a secret in Amman?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think it is the old equator before the polar shift...

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Interesting post.

One thing it reminded me of was a podcast I listened to from Red Ice Radio where Carl Munck was being interviewed. He claimed that the pyramids and other megolithic structures were in fact 'navigational' aids for ET's.

I am not sure I believe it persay, but it was interesting nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sacred geometry is more than pseudoscience. It is clandestine knowledge of frightening power. One of the main centers in ancient times for teaching about it was in ancient Heliopolis ("eye/city of the sun"), Egypt. That's where Pythagoras spent 22 years studying and came to the revelation: "there is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres.” Plato, Solon and countless other philosophers + mathematicians frequented this ancient hub of knowledge too.

Then again, I'm a Freemason who enjoys trolling ATS. Nothing I say can be believed. Except what I just said. Or can it? I guess we will never know.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I could all be by coincidence. I have found a few other alignments. They may not have much relevance as far as 'great circles' go but they are random, coincidental, alignments. Have you ever read about 'ley lines' ? Thats what got me into my search. I found a couple of pretty crazy alignments. I don't know if I have enough to start a thread about it though.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, it works out like that if you ignore some other major sites.

You can form a collection of any number of ancient sites and make a nice Great Circle with almost no degrees of error. It's true that civilizations flourished more in the temperate zones because those are places that are ideal for us. We find few great civilizations in arctic areas simply because of the lack of food and building resources -- the equator (because of desert areas and lots and lots and lots of ocean) has fewer megalithic civilizations.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Well, it works out like that if you ignore some other major sites.

You can form a collection of any number of ancient sites and make a nice Great Circle with almost no degrees of error.

Well why dont you?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The great temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia mirror the constellation Draco as it would have appeared 12,000 years ago - in the Stone Age
Evidence that a great civilization existed at this time, and later conveyed its wisdom to the peoples of the ancient world, before disappearing without trace from the archaeological record.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I guess it would be more impressive if ancient civilizations were rare or if those civilizations had much in common. Or if you want to arbitrarily decide what is a "megalithic civilization" and what isn't.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Masons know a lot about the past, and the way things work. Unfortunately, I'm inclined to believe that they have primarily used that knowledge in the opposite manner, morally, to which it was intended.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
I guess it would be more impressive if ancient civilizations were rare or if those civilizations had much in common. Or if you want to arbitrarily decide what is a "megalithic civilization" and what isn't.

Well we can less than arbitrarily identify the pyramids, which are a hallmark widespread common megalithic structure found across the globe:

Egypt
Mexico
Peru
Bolivia
Bermuda
Greece
Russia
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Croatia
Slovenia
Serbia
Italy
Spain
France
China
Japan

Considering our planet is 2/3 covered in water and underwater pyramids are being discovered only in most recent days, there lies alot of coincidence to discover yet...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Fairly massive weight was added to these sites as well... With the Earth acting as a massive gyroscope it makes you wonder.

very interesting maby they were trying to affect earths orbit or maby

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Well we can less than arbitrarily identify the pyramids, which are a hallmark widespread common megalithic structure found across the globe:

Great! Draw a straight line through all of them

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

ROFLMAO

join