It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking – Jeb Bush Backs Zimmerman Arrest in Killing/It's not George Zimmerman crying for help o

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

“This law does not apply to this particular circumstance,” Bush said after an education panel discussion at the University of Texas at Arlington. “Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

This is not all that new
and Jeb has been getting
back in the game so he can
run as president here pretty soon.

Stand your groun means stand there ground*.
Treyvon did not have his back turned
he was shot in the chest arrest arrest shot in the
chest that was there chance in the million moron march
today with sharptin and jackson.
If jeb does not even know where treyvon got shot
i would take what else he says pretty moot, and only for self gain.

edit on 1-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

That is curious isn't it. I am still waiting for him to answer about 50 questions that I have asked him. I always answer his answers that prove his logic faulty but he will never answer my question.

His motive in this, I believe, is he see himself in George Zimmerman and the safety from the scary blacks with his concealed gun, and if he admits that what Zimmerman did was wrong and he should be tried for it then that means he won't ever have his chance to 'stand his ground' and get his kill. Racist stick together.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzanazi75

Originally posted by popsmayhem

“This law does not apply to this particular circumstance,” Bush said after an education panel discussion at the University of Texas at Arlington. “Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

This is not all that new
and Jeb has been getting
back in the game so he can
run as president here pretty soon.

Stand your groun means stand there ground*.
Treyvon did not have his back turned
he was shot in the chest arrest arrest shot in the
chest that was there chance in the million moron march
today with sharptin and jackson.
If jeb does not even know where treyvon got shot
i would take what else he says pretty moot, and only for self gain.

edit on 1-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

You dont know how to take statements in context or how to comprehend. He didn't say he was shot in the back in that quote. He said you don't chase someone who has 'turned their back'. You are grasping at straws.

If Rush Limbaugh or Hannity, or Beck or any of the right wing side came out against Zimmerman would you possibly believe them?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Great thread. You placed all the evidence together and it screams that something is very wrong here. Zimmerman needs to be arrested and a jury needs to decide his fate.

Although I do agree with Jeb Bush this time, he enjoys weighing in on big profile cases.
Let's not forget the Terri Schiavo case.
www.wnd.com...

Inspired in part by the e-mails and letters from thousands of Floridians, Gov. Jeb Bush has entered the legal arena on behalf of Terri Schindler-Schiavo, the 39-year-old brain-disabled woman whose court-ordered death by starvation is scheduled to begin in eight days.

Calamas requested Bush be allowed to submit written argument and information to the court “on the issue of the critical distinction between removing artificial life support and the deliberate killing of a human by starvation and dehydration, and whether the latter constitutes the deprivation of [Terri's] life without due process of law.”

In addition, the governor said, he “feels compelled to give voice to the thousands of Floridians who have communicated to him their concern over this case.”

At this point, the governor stepped in. It isn’t the first time Bush has expressed an interest in the case.

‘An unbiased view’

In an Aug. 26 letter to Greer, Bush asked the judge to delay setting a date for removal of Terri’s feeding tube and to appoint a special guardian who would “independently investigate the circumstances of this case and provide the court with an unbiased view that considers the best interests of Mrs. Schiavo.”

Greer chose to ignore the letter.

“I read the letter because it came from the governor and I respect his position,” he told the Tampa Tribune. “Beyond that, it is going in the file.”

Jeb just loves stepping into the limelight.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Care to bet this has nothing to do with justice for Trayvon Martin but for popularity for JEB so he can either get a brokered nomination for President or get the VP spot on a Romney Ticket.
(then guess what happens to Mitt?
)
Prepare for Bush III.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Unfortunately I lived in FL for a long time and had Jeb as a governor for a while. I also had several business dealings with Jeb and his cabinet and have sat down in several meetings in the governors office with Jeb, ex house speaker George Albright, and myself and let me tell you, Jeb is a typical lying, dishonest politician whom has no virtue or dignity whatsoever.

If Jeb says something on a subject that would almost be enough for me to believe anything the other side is saying just because I am well aware of his history of spinning subject matter just to suit his agenda. Personally if Jeb Bush was on the side of the road burning I wouldn't waste my urine to put him out.

However if Zimmerman does in fact have an injunction against him then under US Code 18he cannot be in possession of any firearm. As I said in a couple of other threads about this circus, this is why Zimmerman has not been charged. If it comes out that Zimmerman has such a criminal record then Sanford PD is going to be open to a liability suit for allowing a person with a known violent criminal history to be on the neighborhood watch.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sanfords Police Departments offical Citizen Corps page.
www.citizencorps.gov...

Volunteer Service
Website to register for local volunteer opportunities:www.sanfordpolice.org

Council supported volunteer programs:Neighborhood Watch Volunteers in Police Service Volunteer opportunities in specialized areas:First Aid / CPR / AED Training Law Enforcement Approximately 45 volunteers participated in Council supported activities community-wide in 2010.
Approximately 6400 volunteer service hours were completed community-wide in 2010.
Volunteers have responded to disasters within the Council's area.

ACLU report on how Infragard and Citizen Corps is racial profiling and abusing powers in the name of the government..
www.aclu.org...

Jessie Ventura talks about Infragard in this episode of his show Conspiracy Theory.
34 minutes in is interesting. "Right to kill?"

Jesse Ventura - Big Brother (Conspiracy Theory, S1 Ep 4)
www.youtube.com...

As a captain of the neighborhood watch Zimmerman was a member of Citizen Corps. As a member he would be allowed access to FBI computers to input incident reports.

Here is Sanfords Police Department incident report map. If you go to his area of neighborhood watch. You will see the incidents he reported as a member of Citizen Corps.
www.crimereports.com...

Interesting. The data that had been in the incident report map has been deleted. You can see his area of the map by searching "Sanford twin lakes".

Here is another crime mapping site showing the reports of crime at twin lakes. The data on this site is still there.

www.crimemapping.com...,3349188.9752139454&z=16&mc=ve_roads&cc=AR,AS,BU,DP,DR,DU,FR,HO,VT,RO,SX,TH,VA,VB,WE&db =1/01/2012&de=4/01/2012
edit on 1-4-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzanazi75

I do agree, I have tried to just lay some info out that didn't seems to be gettin any attention in hope it could be calmly discussed, a few as you say though refuses to have a point counter point talk on the matter. The motives for not wanting to believe anything but the word of the shooter seems to bring into question their idea of a lawful society.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I will agree on your point of Jeb like many other media tools are trying to twist an issue that resonates with people and make it a platform for their own goals. I do see that happening but I don't believe that it totally overshadows the fact that at least the root of his statement has a logical basis.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Since this whole deception with Trevon Martin was a G Bush Sr fix to distract from the ritual aspect of the shooting incident, I expected Jeb Bush at a proper timing to join in the Trevon distraction which he has done.

Max, you have made interesting points, all of which I have pondered myself, except for the "ritual" aspect. I am not sure what kind of ritual you are referring to, and perhaps it's an area that I'm not familiar with. Are you talking about some kind of satanic ritual? If so, why would you come to the conclusion that our military would be involved in such a practice?

Your points regarding this being a ploy for Jeb Bush to make political gain are dead on, as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps there is some truth to Bales' story about not remembering what happened in between the time he left the camp to the time he returned.

I am disappointed that more Americans aren't questioning this whole scenario because none of it is ringing true....at least in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Prepare for Bush III.

Let me just respond to that proposal with a resounding....
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think that if Zimmerman were to be put on trial, his opposition would have a very hard time proving him guilty. Considering the laws which Florida has, the police and eyewitness reports in his favor, Martin not being a very honorable character (drug dealer, suspended from school for 10 days, etc), and the fact that Martin apparently attacked Zimmerman first, the persecutor would have a very weak case against him.

People who are calling for his imprisonment/death are calling for a grave injustice to be done to this man. Just because he appears white doesn't mean that we should lynch him and make an example out of him; that is racism.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

If they are going to look into Zimmerman's background the also must look into Treyvon's equally.

Sounds like maybe they both had issues, but it still seems like treyvon though he could go after Zim and take the gun away.....A decision a smart man would never choose.

Neither is 100% innocent. It worked for them though, because those of you "smart ones" chose sides.

O wait you didn't get it ? They got you.......2 sides are easier to control.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

"should not" is not the same as "may not" or "prohibited from"

I carry a gun everywhere I go. To the store. Walking the dog. I doubt I'd make an exception for a neighborhood watch.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I do agree that more investigation should be done for "both" parties history. As it stands now though I am not away of a past history aside from being suspended as you pointed out. I don't rule out the possibility of Trayvon going for a strang mans gun how had confronted him, but that doesn't mean he "went after him" or that there is more to what happens during the altercation.

As for your last statement, I don't think you have fully read my previous posts and the fact I point out the understanding that this is being polarized, that is not to say a proper inquiry should be made.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

In this case, Jeb has a point.

I love how people will defend Zimmerman and at the same time, call Trayvon a thug, etc. Zimmerman seems like the real thug here!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Regarding point #2 you made, you don't need a Trevon Martin debacle to have some people hate black people. Bigots don't need an excuse, and I also believe bigotry is a multi-lane equal opportunity case of the stupids and don't give a rats ass as to the color, etc of the bigot. Sometimes it is the "obscure" news venues as you put it that wade threw the gunk, spin, and propaganda and agenda pusher's before someone says "hey, this isn't right"!

As for the events in Afghanistan, I see no apparent deep conspiracy by having to clear up the number dead from 16 to 17. The fact that the Trevon and related events may have bumped the various war issues from top spot is more IMO the noise generated by the media and rightfully so as a result of Martins murder. The questions why Zimmerman was not arrested and at least processed by Sanford Florida PD? That reeks to high heaven given his KNOWN (Zimmerman's) repeated 911 calls, (60-90 in a couple months?!) and hobby-cop wanna be mentality.

Oh, regarding the Afghan mess...

Frankly after getting nothing but grief from the shamelessly corrupt Afghan President Kazi despite American and allied blood and about a $trillion in treasure (just the US $T figure by the way, you have big contributions from the Brits, who don't have the sheer weight of our DOD power, but are as professional and selective in DOFM (distribution of force multipliers) as any nation on Earth, US included.

You include other NATO forces that add to that and I say, the hell with Afghanistan. Hey we did try to say the least. Special Ops can now do more cheaply and covertly and get our regular troops who've had 5, 6 tours the hell home. Very quickly, and integrate it so in time we can let the Afghans run their own country, and they can pay for it. Wow, what a concept!

Just as oil revenue should have been put in an internationally monitored fund and instead of my taxes paying for reconstruction of Iraq, let them pay for it. Its their oil after all and corruption common in societies transitioning from despotism to something better is the national sport of criminal regimes (defined as oppressors of their own) Happens all the time, the money just "beams up to somewhere" and the people of that country don't see a dime.

Back to the shooting, one must do the needed checks by the cops and DA. Why in Gods name was Zimmerman NOT immediately given a check for booze and drugs AFTER he killed an unarmed kid? From his 911 calls he didn't sound all that cogent and sober, and the fact he just killed someone? Most people would have been a little freaked out, if that call he made was before the kid was shot. At least one was when Zimmerman was told "DON'T FOLLOW HIM"!

Just being told DON'T FOLLOW HIM since he apparently did, just that is enough grounds for me to arrest the guy. Incidentally the comment that he was shot in the chest not the back indicating the kid was the aggressor is frankly non-sense on the face of it. Its a common reaction to face a threat when confronted frequently to turn and face an attacker if given the split second required and if able to do so.

Even when dealing with a charging animal its also common for people to turn at the last moment facing the attacker. An arrest and toxicology screen of any shooter is just sop anywhere in the US.

As for Jeb Bush backing an arrest, though very unlikely so long after the fact to get any toxicology, given the circumstances not even taking Zimmermen's wacky history into account I don't see how he can't call for an arrest. That begins a way over-do investigation and is not, and should not be a lynch mob (no pun intended). But I'm glad the Feds are taking over this case, the local PD has demonstrated they don't know what the hell their doing, or they have an agenda.

My money is on the first probability. Still looks very bad for the quality of police service in Sanford Florida. The rest of the population should keep that in mind next elections in most counties the sheriff who unofficially oversee's the city PD's as an impartial investigator of misconduct for example, often is elected, usually a chief of a local PD is appointed, usually by the city/town mayor. That can hold people some what accountable.

As for any right to bare arms, that means literally packing, and the narrow minded stand your ground laws assumes people will act rationally. Uh, not always. I support the second amendment but allowing nuts to lock load, shoot first and say "he was going to kill me" is one sure way to get greater restrictions put on guns.

For those not Americans we have more guns in this country then people, a population of about 318,000,000 (min) people, so understand that first. So just saying no (guns), ban them could never work. So we need to tackle it from the legal concept stated as "if a reasonable person in said situation does X, is that reasonable to most others"?

edit on 1/4/12 by arbiture because: added a bunch of stuff

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Zimmerman's weapon wasn't illegal because the charges were knocked down. Also, Jeb's comments were ignorant because TM wasn't shot in the back.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Zimmerman's weapon wasn't illegal because the charges were knocked down. Also, Jeb's comments were ignorant because TM wasn't shot in the back.

Please note my comment above about not being shot in the back, which of course TM wasn't, and why thats meaningless when considering who the real aggressor was. And just why were the charges "knocked down"?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Charges can be knocked down for a lot of reasons. They don't have to be due to his father. It could just be because he had no priors.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join