It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh GOD!! It looks as if ATS has started to enter into the the Idiotic plane...batten down the hatche

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

This place truly went to the toilet when Obama was running for president and took office. The owners opened the door and let all the racist crazy people in. Then came the tea party and birther people.

This place could be so much better again if the owners rid themselves of the forums for breaking alt news and anywhere else to post racist crap. I'm sick of seeing kkk members and people from stormfront infiltrate this place with their hate.

I think the owners are eventually going to have to stop with some of the topics that they allow, or their mods will be sitting at the computer all day deleting posts and banning people.

This place could be so much better. I mean, if people wanna talk about news, go to yahoo news and join up with the crazy people who comment there. Cause the people who fight and argue over here all of the time sound just like them and I think it would be a great new home for them to go to.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

The problem comes when their theories hinge on claims that one can prove are false. For example take the 2012 nonsense. The main reason this started in the first place is because someone said that the Long Count ended on December 21, 2012 and that the Maya had a prophecy associated with this date. Neither of these things are true. Yet if you point this out in a thread you get called a shill and told to stop posting in that thread. I'm all for out there theories being posted, but if they're based on faulty information I will call that out. ATS is supposed to be about denying ignorance not posting whatever fantasy crosses your mind.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

So people can make absurd claims with no relevance to reality facts or logic and thats fine but if I say that such activity is taking away from the quality of this site then thats a bad thing????

OK then......

OOOOOOHHHH! Big tough guy killing an animal hundreds of feet away with a high powered rifle. How positively macho of him.

Pathetic spoiled rich brats trying to act tough in front of his other spoiled rich brat mates. Bragging about stupid crap. Lets see him hunt a lion on his own with a spear and no guide, or take out a crocodile with a machete if he wants to prove how tough he is.

Nothing but a gutless coward. Then again what do you expect from an elite bloodline.

From this thread

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Get over yourself, dude. It is a conspiracy website. It isn't gospel. If you dont like what people are posting, don't read it.

I am over ATS because of people like YOU.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I assure you that in 2006 when you were a 'newbie' you were posting repititious twaddle and older Members did not have an ego that puffed up and became 'experts' on subject matter and posted threads about it.

sheesh

Really? You can assure me, can you?

well by all means please assure me by showing examples of this in my posting please...

Dear OP please allow me to point to your original post on this thread. I feel it qualifies if not of "twaddle" something pretty damn close.
Sorry if this offends. I couldnt hold it in any longer

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

ATS is supposed to be about denying ignorance not posting whatever fantasy crosses your mind.

How can we have one without the other?

:-)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by seentoomuch

I do voluntary work with young kids in my town and they are no different to how I was when I was a kid. They are definitely more tech savvy, but, I would argue that is a good thing. The reason they come to the youth club, is because they get to be with all their mates and enjoy themselves, whether playing football, cooking , making music. Then all the other social reactions that come with it, like flirting, a bit of fighting and some name calling. The usual kid stuff. Just pushing boundaries. We have a computer and a games console, but most , even the boys like to get in the kitchen and make a meal.

We are always given a very bad image of kids in my country. People are quick to demonise youngsters without giving them a chance. No wonder some of them rebel , when they feel so alienated from wider society.
edit on 1-4-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I guess when you were a kid you would take a cat, stick it in an ice chest and beat on it, right? No, you didn't? Well two days ago that is what an 11 year old girl did to my cat. Nice, huh? I didn't know what was happening until another child came and told me. She had shut it in her garage and had closed the doors and didn't like that the cat was scared of her, so she put it in the chest and beat on the chest. I know this 'cause her two younger sisters were on the cell phone with the little boy who came to tell me what was going on. The two sisters tried to stop her but she was into some sort of rage mode. I knocked on the door and when she answered I asked for my cat. She said she did not have it. I asked to speak to her parents and she said her Mom wasn't there. I called the state troopers and when they came out sure enough the cat was exactly where the siblings had said and beyond petrified with terror. Turns out her Mom was at a business meeting and felt her 11 year old could babysit the other two siblings. They are left alone alot. I tried to reach out at that point but she and her mother (who showed up at the last minute just as the troopers arrived) were spitting at me claiming the cat had got in there on its own. (In an ice chest with the lid closed?)

I believe your Youth Center is an oasis of sorts, but unfortunately even though we have one close by this mother doesn't suscribe to it. Instead she has now placed placards on sticks saying "Stop" where the boundary lines of where her children are allowed to play and continues to leave them to their own devices which as I have shown is not good. So while I am all for the youth centers being accessible some kids and some parents just don't wanna.

I believe you are just seeing the good kids, not the majority imo. My son is in the frontlines of working with at risk kids, don't make me write all the stories. I have several more of my own about some trying to kick-in our front door where my 2 one year old twin granddaughters were playing. He was doing it on a dare to prove he could rob. Nice, huh? An up and coming gangsta? He was staying with his grandmother who was at work at that time. Btw, we live in a master planned community with golf course, schools, HOA, all beautiful and upscale, surprised?
edit on 4/1/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

This place truly went to the toilet when Obama was running for president and took office. The owners opened the door and let all the racist crazy people in. Then came the tea party and birther people.

This place could be so much better again if the owners rid themselves of the forums for breaking alt news and anywhere else to post racist crap. I'm sick of seeing kkk members and people from stormfront infiltrate this place with their hate.

I think the owners are eventually going to have to stop with some of the topics that they allow, or their mods will be sitting at the computer all day deleting posts and banning people.

This place could be so much better. I mean, if people wanna talk about news, go to yahoo news and join up with the crazy people who comment there. Cause the people who fight and argue over here all of the time sound just like them and I think it would be a great new home for them to go to.

Your insight is open minded and intriguing

I can understand when emotions run high on some threads, that is natural and can be very stimulating to the conversation. However you can certainly tell when the threshold of descency gets crossed, that the OP can go right out the window, with the dishwater

Thanks to the Mods who try diligently to keep things on track

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join