It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I don't like mosquitoes. In the south where I live they are everywhere. AND down here they come packin' heat in the form of the West Nile virus (yay!) But up until now I had always thought that they were just native to georgia and there was nothing to be concerned about. That was until I discovered this...
Wikipedia

Operation Big Buzz was a U.S. military entomological warfare field test conducted in the U.S. state of Georgia in 1955. The tests involved dispersing over 300,000 yellow fever mosquitoes from aircraft and through ground dispersal methods.

I was hoping someone on ATS a little more medically inclined could tell me if there could be a connection between West Nile and Yellow Fever? If anything I feel a little betrayed by my country for practically mosquito-nuking georgia.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm not saying they didn't do this. But if i'm going to believe this it has to be from a more credible source then Wikipedia. Never use Wikipedia as a source it's for the most part unreliable.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sorry about that I know I read it somewhere besides wikipedia but alas I cannot remember...

here is the source wikipedia uses

source

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I never understand these stupid military projects.

Why should you want to know? Why are you obsessed with fighting Times and fates you can't defy? If you knew the path we're riding, You'd understand it less than I.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxThexGreatxEscapexx
I'm not saying they didn't do this. But if i'm going to believe this it has to be from a more credible source then Wikipedia. Never use Wikipedia as a source it's for the most part unreliable.

I heard of this story as well, which was definitely not from wikipedia. Our governments has done such experiments for ages and even injected children and pregnant with radioactive isotopes just to see how their bodies would break down, what effects it would have on pregnancy and so on.

You should read up on history if you find this far fetched. I bet in a few decades or so there will be documents about such abuse in modern times. They usually only declassify such projects decades later.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauliflower
I never understand these stupid military projects.

Experiments.

And lucky us... we the public are the unlucky guinea-pigs.

A few decades from now, we'll be lucky (ah unlucky) enough to see what classified human experiment we are going through at this very moment...

edit on 31-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
And lucky us... we the public are the unlucky guinea-pigs.

Well yeah....

US Army Tests Bio Warfare on American Cities

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
So just stop them from breeding. We had no issues in VA.

Keep an eye out for standing water... any place you live.

CHECK YOUR AREA & IMPLEMENT THE FOLLOWING:

1. Empty, drain, remove, cover or turn upside down things that can hold water. Throw out old tires, tin cans, bottles, jars, buckets, drums, and other containers or keep them upside down so no water can enter them.

2. Empty any small plastic wading pools weekly. Store it indoors when not in use. Properly maintain your swimming pool and keep it covered so as not to collect water.

3. Repair leaky pipes and outside faucets. Don't let runoff water from your air conditioner collect in shady areas.

4. Repair faulty septic systems (Call the Atlantic County Division of Public Health at 645-5971 prior to any septic system repairs).

5. Change water and scrub vases holding flowers once a week - or grow cuttings in sand.

6. Scrub and change the water in bird baths weekly.

7. Empty and refill pets' water pans daily.

8. Discard old tires or store them indoors.

9. Don't dump grass clippings, branches or other items in storm drains or ditches.

10. Fill holes in trees with sand or mortar.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

I agree, and it is a way of life in Ga to try to control the spread of them, but with all due respect there is enough standing water in just the plant life alone to foster a good mosquito population.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
reply to post by Cyprex

I agree, and it is a way of life in Ga to try to control the spread of them, but with all due respect there is enough standing water in just the plant life alone to foster a good mosquito population.

No kidding. Trying to control the population of mosquitoes in Ga is like trying to get an honest answer out of a politician during an election year.

As for the article, I have no doubt it was done. I worry about what else they have done that we haven't found out about yet.

join