It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Bennewitz case re-opened: X Descending (a mini book review)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Paul had a sophisticated system of computers in his house that he invented and created himself. That's how he came across the signals coming from kirtland. He shared his technology with the air force and they simply copied his computer systems which you must keep in mind that he gave to them, and they started communicating with him to distract him from manzano and coyote canon. It was more than likely the air force intel officers sending him these messages and images. We really didn't know what to think at the time. It was another part of the puzzle. Keep in mind that my dad found a listening device or bug at our house and at the Gomez house so at that point they were trying to piece everything together. Hindsight from now and then is a large part of the puzzle.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

All the responses were clear. Think of it like an early form of email or text messaging. Today no one thinks twice about sending messages through a computer. Paul was doing this before the Internet and before email. At the time it was amazing to view. In todays era the images and messages were like responding to your post. It was fast enough that they could carry on a conversation. Sometimes it would take a while to get a response but that was more than likely a time delay so an answer could be given to the questions that we were asking.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

The images were more than likely a hoax. Not by Paul, a hoax by air force intel.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GVALDEZ

It would have been nice if other people could get that information too and pictures of ventilation system that can prove once and for all to those who insult us calling us 'believers in the Church of ...' that this base does exist because this is my objective conclusion (or rather my conclusion was that it is possible to exist since there was no way to say certainly without evidence).

Still, is there anything you wish to share publicly like some preview pictures of the location of such alleged base with ventilation system? Or post what the real story is, since you said there are things not correct about Dulce and Paul, the general public opinion is this base is a complete myth and non-existent. So what is the real deal?
edit on 23-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
GValdez wrote: "We did find something that resembled a ventilation shaft [on Archuleta Mesa]."

RH says: Well, I would be interested to know when that was. Either on the 1988 videotape I previously mentioned, or during another interview around that time, your dad unequivocally told me that he had found *no* artificial structures on the mesa. Hopefully, that is on the tape, which I will attempt to locate ASAP.

On the other hand, in the fall of 2005, Doty told Coast to Coast that OSI had placed certain equipment and small structures on the top of the mesa, to mislead Paul and others snooping around.

Two problems here: 1) Doty has told so many lies over the years, some of which he later admitted, that it's impossible to know the veracity of that statement. 2) If OSI did place anything up there, why hadn't your dad found it as of the time he made the statement to me (on tape?) about finding nothing artificial.

I will contact you later this summer regarding a visit to Albuquerque to review your dad's materials. Thanks.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

It's not a ventilation system. It's appears to be a hole cut into either sandstone or limestone that has an appearance of a ventilation shaft. That's it, nothing fancy or conclusive one way or the other. That's why my dad never claimed they found anything to also respond to Mr. Hastings post. I will post a picture of it when I get time to scan it and you can decide for yourself. As Mr. Hastings points out, a large amount of information is fabricated by Doty and the air force. I totally agree with him on that point. But there are certain things that were discovered that are open to interpretation. Just like the picture of the supposed ventilation shaft. Some people will claim its evidence of a base and others will say its a hole in the ground.

I know what my dad said and why he said it. He was trying to gather facts and evidence, that's the job of a police officer. There were many developments after the 1988 interview that she'd more light on what was going on. As I get time I'll try to start posting pictures and more info from his files.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Hastings

They hadn't found it in 1988 and it's inconclusive and open to interpretation. We didn't go up to Mt. Archuleta with John Gille until October 23, 1988 so I don't think they had found it at the time.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I'll slowly start posting info as I go through my dads stuff. I will leave it up to you to make your own conclusions. Certain things like the crashed aircraft were true. We found evidence of the crash. I'm not saying its alien or military but something crashed. Some portions of the story are true and some are fabricated lies like Mr. Hastings claims. You will be able to make your own decisions once I start adding info

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Hastings

Oh, many names mean nothing to me until I see pictures, the pictures tell a lot. So Mr. Hastings, now that I saw who you are, I'm pleased to have you around even if for a short time. The UFO Disclosure conference from September 2010 was very useful and thank you for having that in the first place. I read your article about Richard Doty and Rober Collins as I did not know what to think of the MJ-12, so I will take your words for true.

I am not a believer, I can question anything, some things sound very possible including alien visitation, others not, either can be just as much impossible or partially true which many miss. So I understand your message to not defend data one is not certain about, as if knowing for sure how correct that info is. That, however, goes both ways - for denying (skepticism) and believing.

Originally posted by GVALDEZ
reply to post by Imtor

I'll slowly start posting info as I go through my dads stuff. I will leave it up to you to make your own conclusions. Certain things like the crashed aircraft were true. We found evidence of the crash. I'm not saying its alien or military but something crashed. Some portions of the story are true and some are fabricated lies like Mr. Hastings claims. You will be able to make your own decisions once I start adding info

It will be very much appreciated and I thank you for the willingness to do that.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GVALDEZ

You will be able to make your own decisions once I start adding info

Very interesting, I'm glad you are going to present the information.
Have you read Lambright's book? I'm eager to see your thoughts on it. What was your personal impression of Mr. Bennewitz?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Hastings
greyer wrote: "Paul [Bennewitz] setup a special monitoring station in the area and learned that UFOs were all over. Eventually Paul learned how to pick up signals and transfer them into transmissions on a video screen which communicated with the alien video screens. Gabe Valdez witnessed an alien on the screen and said it looked like a reptilian..."

RH: What is the original source of this information? Where did it first appear?

Hello Robert, sorry for not seeing your question earlier, I wanted to look up some of the interviews to check on my sources. The original source of the reptilian bird alien came when Greg Bishop said to Bill Moore that Gabe Valdez had claimed to have seen. I was surprised to see a picture of the alien from Gabe Valdez in the video High Strange New Mexico.

After being contacted by RH last night, Chris Lambright responded to Greyer’s comments above:

Greyer, understandably but unfortunately, is laying down conclusions drawn from what he's read over the years, but without double-checking the fine points on which those conclusions hinge.

Since Edwards clearly told Stone and Ortega (see Edward's 'Briefing transcript log entry') that his first contact with Paul was January of 1980, that answers all claims of when Paul must have contacted the Air Force--and it supports the idea that Paul likely got his films in the mid-December '79 time-frame. Edwards has said that he referred Paul to Doty (or vice-versa) and so I think it's a safe bet that almost immediately after Paul called and spoke with Edwards, Doty was on it.

There are also statements attributed to Doty (I think it's mentioned by Bishop as well) that he visited Paul the first time at his lab, though I don't have a date on that. What I could never figure out, but that I now think is significant, is why there isn't a single document attesting to any meetings or discussion with Paul between January and October/November. There isn't a single document stating exactly when Paul called and spoke with Edwards the first time (except for the 'log entry'). If Edwards was so thorough about documenting his meeting with Stone and Ortega, why is there no log showing his conversation(s) with Paul, or any document reporting when Doty first talked to Paul. Significant by their absence I think, and definitely worked to let people think it happened later in the year.

Robert thanks for contacting Chris Lambright, this is very interesting. I agree that Paul was filming UFOs at Kirtland in December of '79 and that Edwards would have all the answers. It is reported that Edwards had more than one 'close encounter' with Paul, that could mean seeing a UFO at close range or a number of things I'm thinking. In 1981 Edwards inquired the White House to Colonel Don (Paul could not remember his last name and noted he had it in his files) from the Air Force Secretary, they spoke on the phone and Edwards gave a positive report that the White House was interested, then Edwards got upset when they shut off Paul's communications. Paul was speaking about his private research with Senator Harrison Schmidt and APRO.

Greyer says "...it is also reported that Bennewitz did not want the details of his research disclosed especially in the early days." I wish Greyer had said where it was 'reported', because I never heard that. Paul seemed willing to talk to anyone in my experience.

Paul's private research was Project Beta - a literal alien invasion on planet earth. There is only one story from Moore that Hynek wrote a computer program but there are many that Paul was a genius in his computer instruments. Paul claimed to have the communication in July of 1979 from the Dulce source, we cannot forget that Paul was investigating Dulce privately before Manzano. Here is my source for Paul not wanting his research disclosed, but there are other hints.

"Actually, Jim and Coral were interested in Paul and his investigations. In May of 1980, they called me and said that they would pay for my flight (they did), round-trip Laramie - Albuquerque, to interview Paul and conduct hypnotic procedures with a woman and her son.
Paul was impressed with the information provided by the sessions. I encouraged him and the woman to 'go public' with the information, but they refused. Paul told me to keep quiet about the sessions."

At least Greyer is civil in his comments and seems willing to entertain new information.

I am realizing that there is almost equal evidence to support that this story is not of a civilian scientist establishing proof in the existence of aliens and that it is already very hard to believe aliens would invade our planet, but suggesting that counter intelligence would have played the role to provide such opposing evidence. It would seem that Lt. Colonel Earnest Edwards and others would have seen the true facts.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Greyer, you making the same mistake that you made earlier: Accepting at face value claims that either came directly from the disinformationalists themselves, or the same information as filtered through the more recent crop of Dulce/Bennewitz/Doty researchers.

As Chris Lambright authoritatively noted, your time-line of the Bennewitz/Edwards/Doty connection was flawed, given that it was based on what Bishop et al wrote in the mid-2000s, not on the contents of the original OSI files themselves. Unless I missed it, you have thus far failed to acknowledge your error and, I'm guessing, have not yet read the files Lambright references in his book.

Jeez, for ten bucks you can have the whole, well-researched story, as compiled and documented in X Descending. Do yourself a favor...

But you can have the last word, if you choose to respond to this. I'm outta here. I have real work to do...

Meanwhile, Tommy Blann wrote to me and said:

I saw on the ATS website where there is discussion about the images Paul Bennewitz received on his computer screen. I remember Gabe Valdez showing these images to me in the latter part of April 1981. I have a photo of when he showed these images to me on some Polaroid photos that had been taken off of Paul Bennnewitz's computer screen by Paul.

The Polaroid photos revealed what appeared to be prehistoric scenes of dinosaurs and an image of a reptilian/insect-like creature. My memory is vague on the details of the photos after all these years, but I remember Gabe telling me that he didn't quite know what to make of it but considered it interesting. There seemed to be some indication by Paul that these "aliens" could travel in time thus providing the images to Paul on his computer.

There are good indications at present that this information provided to Paul on his computer screen was disinformation by someone. I am not going to directly point at the United States Air Force as the responsible party, because I do not know and from other information obtained about the Bennewitz-Doty affair there are indications of others involved at the time…

You have my permission to post this on the ATS website if you so desire.

Best Regards,

Tommy R. Blann

edit on 26-5-2012 by Robert Hastings because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2012 by Robert Hastings because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hello Robert thanks for the posts, your research is legendary in my opinion.

About your report on Moore and Doty, UFO Coverup was a show that was like disclosure for me, it seems there were some disinformation details but they admitted about an alien base in the show. Paul knew right away the higher ups were harrassing him and put up with it for 2 years I conclude because after realizing nothing was going to be done he 'released' his information in 1983. The family wouldn't talk about it to Greg but in '89 Paul's son said that his dad being treated for mental difficulties was a rumor. When Paul's son said that I found it interesting to here from Wendelle Stevens the details on how they changed Paul psychologically, which collaborates with an interview I heard from Moore that I cannot find, when he said they put Paul in the hospital 3 times which surprised me to hear. Linda Howe met Earnest Edwards, but during the time Paul was in Dulce she was researching cattle mutilations up north that the police were telling her were being done by 'creatures from outer space,' I believe they were right and we can see how everything ties in together with the cattle mutilations, abductions, an alien underground base in New Mexico, and Dr. Paul Bennewitz.

Paul Bennewitz was arrested on rather ridiculous charges, referred for psychiatric treatment, unnecessarily, but to intimidate him, was found perfectly sane and was released. He was rearrested again and referred for treatment again, until they could make a case that they began to treat him for aberrations, and finally with electric shock treaments so as to derange his memory so that he could no longer recall what he had seen. Here was the owner and operator of a successful electronics manufacturing company that had been reduced to a vegetable, and his son had to take over the company and run it.

Greyer, you're making the same mistake that you made earlier: Accepting at face value claims that either came directly from the disinformationalists themselves, or the same information as filtered through the more recent crop of Dulce/Bennewitz/Doty researchers.

I admit that Wendelle Stevens was a working disinformation agent, 80% of what he said was not true but I believe this was in the 20%. Most of what I say is not the same information, remember Paul wrote in Project Beta that he was investigating Dulce for years before Doty 'showed' him the props on the mountain, this report was made by Paul for the government, I don't think it is a hoaxed document. Moore still doesn't know what to believe of Paul's investigations and accepts the possibility that it could have been alien. I also admit that this is an interest for me it is not research, the reason why I like this story so much is because all of the information hardly makes out to be fitting puzzle pieces which tells me there is a coverup. I may see 20 pieces of disinformation that match but will choose to believe one piece of information matching, not only because of reliable witness testimony but because of a gut feeling which would be considered gullible for this topic but is almost spiritual for me. The testimony of Roswell witnesses and the abductees are too much for me, it makes me believe that something strange was happening by the 4 corners area, and something strange to us could very well mean a secret alien base if these aliens didn't want us to know they were here.

As Chris Lambright authoritatively noted, your time-line of the Bennewitz/Edwards/Doty connection was flawed, given that it was based on what Bishop et al wrote in the mid-2000s, not on the contents of the original OSI files themselves. Unless I missed it, you have thus far failed to acknowledge your error and, I'm guessing, have not yet read the files Lambright references in his book.

Here is what I wrote in my previous post - 'Robert thanks for contacting Chris Lambright, this is very interesting. I agree that Paul was filming UFOs at Kirtland in December of '79 and that Edwards would have all the answers.'

I agreed that Doty could have started the disinformation in January when Chris brought that to my attention and sorry for not making myself more clear, I still go by the Project Beta report which reveals Paul's investigation of Dulce in 1978.

Jeez, for ten bucks you can have the whole, well-researched story, as compiled and documented in X Descending. Do yourself a favor....

Are you turning into someone I highly respected in the beginning of the thread to someone who doesn't listen to my words and just wants to sell me a book? Please don't Robert, the people I believe in this subject are not the ones waving their book around in the air while failing to listen, my interest in the book has now gone down because of that.
edit on 27-5-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

Chris Lambright was very accurate with his book and he did an excellent job of establishing the timeline. Paul was an extremely intelligent man. A large majority of Paul's work was accurate, you have to see the big picture on what was going on at the time and hindsight helps a lot after all these years. You have to determine what was spoon fed to him by the Air Force and what he determined on his own. Project Beta and X Descending help paint a picture of what is true and false. If you can filter through all the misinformation, you can get a good idea of what he stumbled upon.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Hello Robert, sorry for not seeing your question earlier, I wanted to look up some of the interviews to check on my sources. The original source of the reptilian bird alien came when Greg Bishop said to Bill Moore that Gabe Valdez had claimed to have seen. I was surprised to see a picture of the alien from Gabe Valdez in the video High Strange New Mexico.

Wow, I didn't know there is even a picture of that "alien"/prehistoric creature whatever. Now there is a video I haven't watched, thank you so much. I feel too new to the detailed information posted here. I suppose this is the video you mean, someone posted it on youtube:

Not because I will believe some picture but I want to see it, feel it and look for possible clear traces of photo merging/editing whether with simple computer programs used at that time or with other tools.

All posted here is very intriguing especially being the part of ufo topic most concerning me and I thank you all for that information and any further posts.

I have failed to find 'Saturday Super Special' Japanese show from 1990' that could also be helpful since it was talking a lot about NM's bases. Still nice to have more clues about these bases.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
when that one lady talks about the voice that sounds like a computer.. clifford stone mentions that as well.

I hear that in dreams. what I hear while I'm awake sounds like murmering... very soft murmering. I hear what sounds like "i love you" a lot... in a tiny soft voice that i can barely hear...softly murmering. it's more like i can feel the tones than hear the words... but it is there often.

i was going to sleep one day and heard... I-S-O-P-T-I-C N-E-R-V-E

It startled me awake. I kept thinking, well what the hell is the isoptic nerve? I never heard of that... i should get up and look that up.

then it occurred to me.

Eye's optic nerve.
edit on 30-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I watched the above video and while the first half of it was crap, the second half started becoming a little more interesting, though I think the Underground Reality and the death of Phil Schneider was actually a very good one unlike this one, the current one being about a bunch of gullible believers and wild claims of abduction by completely random ones.

Anyway you mention that you saw the photos of these alleged aliens within the video. Mind pointing out where you saw that? The second half of the video starts with DRAWINGS (not photo) of a reptile and in some other talk about Arcturians, they show a blurry picture, again nothing of interest. So please show that picture, even if fake, I want to feel it.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Imtor, I'm glad you straightened things out about the inaccurate claim of the alien photo being in the film. There are some of Bennewitz's UFO photos shown during the segment, but I'm not sure they are identified. Watching the film, it seems everyone thinks the Bennewitz film involved a conspiracy, they just don't agree on who was doing it or what the purpose was.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

The first picture I link shows a black-white picture of an aircraft landed in a forest (somewhere in the taiga judging by the coniferious trees). I cannot be sure it is authentic but it has this diamond shape similar to the descriptions in the Cash & Landrum case that got irradiated by such thing.

The next picture of 'Andromedian' looks like a grasshopper head - this one plus the witnesses bear no siginificance at all.

But let's stay ontopic, I only was searching for that picture of bird-reptilian prehistoric? that was supposedly in the video. Well it was not, care to show it those who have it?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by greyer

Anyway you mention that you saw the photos of these alleged aliens within the video. Mind pointing out where you saw that? The second half of the video starts with DRAWINGS (not photo) of a reptile and in some other talk about Arcturians, they show a blurry picture, again nothing of interest. So please show that picture, even if fake, I want to feel it.

Imtor, there is no place you can find me saying it was 'photo.' There is a word going around now that someone inaccurately claimed it was a photo, as if it was me. We have to agree that the word picture equally means a drawing or photo per the dictionary. Since I was giving you the source of where I got if from so you can see, why would I claim it was a photo?

This reptile-bird looking alien was said by GVALDEZ to be depicted on a small computer screen like below (Oregon Trail), this is the least quality looking example I found and I would think that it was better.

the second half started becoming a little more interesting, though I think the Underground Reality and the death of Phil Schneider was actually a very good one unlike this one, the current one being about a bunch of gullible believers and wild claims of abduction by completely random ones.

I know the only real abductees are the ones who don't tell anyone in my opinion. The interview with Tom Adams is amazing, Tom is the leading expert on cattle mutilations, probably even more than Linda Howe. Another good interview was Dr. Henry Monteith, who was an engineering physicist at Sandia Laboratories and handled secret government projects, and investigated cattle mutilations that occurred on Native American land. The Phil Schneider certainly has to do with reality, but the conflicting part is the most interesting part - a battle at Dulce in 1979. This information first came to Bennewitz on his computer screen, Bennewitz did not necessarily believe the information, and had knowledge that the 'US' base was closed down for 2 years. Phil was working closely with his best friend Ron Rummel, an Ex-Air Force intelligence agent, on a journal called Alien Digest which had very intense information suggesting that alien existence. Paul Bennewitz first said that in 1979 there was an arguement over weapons, and the aliens chased all the scientists out of their base, 44 of the 100 scientists were able to escape. The US base was closed for 2 years. Ron mentioned in the late 70s tension was rising with MJ-12 because their own researchers found out what was really happening during abductions shortly before mainstream researchers caught on.

The United States was testing their first atomic powered spaceship in 1979 at "Network" headquarters, Dulce New Mexico, when they were given the first shipment of beam weapons from the aliens. They found out that the bargained for beam weapons could only be operated by the aliens themselves. They also found out in 1979 that the advanced beam weapon technology could not be used against the aliens in case of need. The government objected to the handicaps put on the weapons, arguing that this was not part of the deal. The aliens replied that if the U.S. were ever under attack by anyone that they would man the beam weapons and help out in the fight. Later, as the atomic powered spaceship was in flight it crashed at Archuleta Mesa, and the aliens suspected sabotage because of the beam weapon problem. The incidents almost led to a total war between the U.S. and the aliens. An Alpha team was sent in to try to free the scientists but after sustaining a heavy losses were able to free only 44 while 66 scientists perished in the battle, and the base remained under the control of the Grays.Dulce was closed for a period of time after that, maybe about two years. - Alien Digest

Phil Schneider mentions the same numbers for the scientists as Paul Bennewitz and Ron Rummel, but says the reason for the incident was because a group of contract workers had dug into the alien base accidentally, and he shot a 'tall grey alien' after becoming startled. Curiously Bennewitz reports of tall grey aliens also, not as popular to the media. Ron should have mentioned Phil's account, meaning that Phil's claim could have been just stemmed from knowledge of the event or a witnessed alien. But what really gets me about the possiblity, as that it occurs just years before the famous Reagan 'alien theat' speech.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join