It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smurfs Are Real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by richter13

Well, thank you for the nice words. I've been very rational as a person all my life and throughout my childhood. I never had imaginary friends, never encouraged my brother to have them either, and never went looking for the old dwarf even after having been confirmed of his existence. I didn't even know what aliens and smurfs were until the age of 10 cause we were brought up a tad sheltered.

But throughout my life I've had bizarre experiences, but none ranks as bizarre as this since well, I actually saw this with my own eyes and not in some distant dream. I know children are uninhibited, that they see things out of the ordinary for that very reason, and I've even had atheist friends tell me they've seen bizarre things move around as they were children, but they would rather brush it away as 'freak' incidents than to sit and ponder on them.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Cleaning the windowsill? Well I've never actually thought about that. But your post made me smile so thank you ^^

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Lol this is just like the blue ghost figure that use to play with my toys when I was little. He only appeared when I was upset. I was absolutely terrified :')

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I have lurked on ATS for months now but this post compelled me to create an account and comment. I just finished Jacques Vallee's Passport To Magonia and am currently reading his very similar book Dimensions (PDF actually, thank you ATS). These tiny red-hatted beings show up throughout mythologies of disparate cultures (though yours seem to be a little shorter at 5 cm) and to Vallee they are integral to his understanding of the true nature of the "alien" phenomena. You may already be aware of this and in that case please kindly disregard, I just thought it was serendipitous that you would post this as I was reading Vallee.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
2reply to post by nusnus

It would be speculation on my part, since i know not conclusively, what renders a person receptive to the other, parallel existence, if it exists .. i do believe it does, but that again is my own choice & belief and not an objective reality i can demand everyone should subscribe to.

maybe it is the age, children are indeed uninhibited; maybe it is hook or pointer function, a rogue neuron that leaps & connects us to that other quantum reality which has just forked from ours; maybe it is the ethereal plane; for some, maybe it is a manifestation of one's station on the path of fanaa' and baqaa'. or it may all be just the mind's idea of laughter at one's own expense..
maybe your act of trying to communicate with it would have collapsed the wave function, and your not indulging it removed that province of possibilities, realm of existence - from your radar.

i can tell you about myself, at the age of 10, i was going out after dinner to stand in the middle of a playing field nearby, in hope that aliens would abduct me .. and spent a few nights around the age of 13, in certain reputed haunted houses in hope of an experience.. to no avail ... either i wasn't deemed interesting enough by those entities, or maybe my guardian angels did their part and saved me until i had more sense to know not to try such endeavors ..

but other incidents happened where and when i was not looking, not ready.. the tease then is that they are there only when you are not looking .. as soon as you do, they are smoke & mist ..
edit on 31-3-2012 by richter13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm not disregarding the possibility that what you experienced was real, however it could simply be attributed to memory errors.

False memories, sometimes referred to as confabulation, refer to the recollection of inaccurate details of an event, or recollection of a whole event that never occurred. Studies investigating this memory error have been able to successfully implant memories among participants that never existed, such as being lost in a mall as a child (termed the lost in the mall technique) or spilling a bowl of punch at a wedding reception. In this case, false memories were implanted among participants by their family members who claimed that the event had happened.

A rather comical example of it is found in this hilarious Cracked article.

There are two famous cases, involving Nadean Cool and Beth Rutherford. Cool, despite having a Fonzie worthy name, was convinced by her therapist during regular sessions that she had, among other things, been in a satanic cult, eaten babies, been regularly raped as a child, watched her friend get murdered, and that she had sex with animals. In reality none of that actually happened, yet she was completely convinced that it did. All it took was enough prodding from a therapist insisting that she had merely repressed the memory. The act of inventing the ludicrous scenario from whole cloth felt to her exactly the same as "uncovering" something she had forgotten.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Well i believe you after watching this video trust me gnomes are real!!!!!

edit on 3/31/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't something you had watched on tv, like when I was a kid there was this RSPCA ad and the hall way light used to be on, I used to see all the animals in a line walking past the door way.

This ad here is what made my imagination run wild. I still remember it was like they was blue screened into my hall way because the carpet was still visible and the walls.

reply to post by wlord

Thats crazy I used to see these types of things outside my bedroom window in the bushes and street. Oh and for this one I was never exposed to anything that resembled these things outside the window.

My dad asked me about them a few years back, Won't go into details but mum was a bit flighty and you know he was trying to see, if I remembered back to then I do remember but it defiantly wasn't my mum sneaking out.

My dad also chased something that sat on his bed out of that same house before he got to the door it opened the door and wasn't seen. My mum was asleep next to him. I'm going to ask him more about it when I see him next.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Maybe it was a dwarf and not a smurf.
I've never seen a dwarf so I wouldn't know. I'm just saying

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

the borrowers they could be real who knows
you get all sorts of tiny animals like the
chameleon the sive of a thumb nail
you never know what mother nature as
hidden

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In Mexico, "duende" (gnome) stories are rampant, look em up

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Obviously it wasn't a smurf........

...it was a clockwork elf.

That Alex Jones video (don't normally watch them tbh) is not the first time I've heard people talk about clock work elves whilst 'visiting other dimensions'. (I know a few people who claim to have seen them) There is a whole load of folklore surrounding gnomes and elves and litle dudes like that. Maybe there is some kind of truth mixed into the stories from Iceland and many other places steeped in "faerie" tales.

Who knows, this universe is more bizzare than any of us dare to imagine.

edit to add this video, which is in Icelandic, with subtitles. (so far, only 5 minutes into it myself)

edit on 2/4/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/4/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Like I said, I was brought up in a house with no TV and we didn't have stories of gnomes or elves because our culture doesn't really have them (I'm Turkish). But the thing is my 31 year old brother still remembers the whole thing as well. Either we were both hallucinating or we weren't.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

I have thought about this, but the fact that both me and my brother still remember this incident to this day is the part that breaks the whole: WTF exclamation point

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

I have thought about this, but the fact that both me and my brother still remember this incident to this day is the part that breaks the whole: WTF exclamation point

There are those who could say that it was merely suggestion.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with it being suggestion, but there are those who might say that you essentially convinced one another to believe that you saw what you did. Basically, one of you had a hallucination and convinced the other that they saw it too, thus making it feel like a real life memory (see memory errors).

Either way, super interesting story, thank you for sharing!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You could be right, like I said I've pondered on that as well. I've wondered if it was him that suggested it to me or me to him and what the image I used to see in my head was real or not. Its too bad it happened when we were kids, I mean I could have found the answer a lot more easily if this had happened at a later stage in life

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The Sandman is a mythical character in Northern European folklore who brings good dreams by sprinkling magical sand onto the eyes of children while they sleep at night.

I don't know his size, the description sure as hell fits, but the story isn't that old.
edit on 2-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The Sandman was a small dwarf?

but that is so interesting since I have heard of the Sandman but many many years later and had no idea he would fit in the description a tad.

Very interesting to say the least.

edit on 2-4-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Have you since looked out that same window.

Maybe you could find a explanation maybe something in the wood grain pattern made your imagination trigger.

maybe if you still can go look for that bit of wood grain pattern

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I like how a simple observation of a common paranormal occurrence such as a dwarf sighting as a child evokes comparisons to baby eating and demonic rape delusions.

The fact that psychiatrists (who by the way are fully under the umbrella of SCIENTIFIC academia) can even lead to this demented type of path just shows how out of touch our scientific community is with regards to area of research and focus.

Now...sorry to derail but many of said skepti infuriate me with pyschological analysis of paranormal accounts.

Yup...just a shared delusion proven by the glorious pseudo-psychiatry of our day.

Nothing to see or discuss here folks. Move along...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join