It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My GP Told Me To Leave ATS.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Your brain is like a computer.. Too much information causes it to crash... As does too little information hence the hunger for it.. You have to learn to "empty yourself" of do an information dump..

I do this every day via meditation.. Emptying my mind of all thoughts... Its hard at first but you soon get the hang of it.. It will bring your health up in no time.. And make you more centered and calm..

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

You're going insane.

But you don't have to become insane.

Sleep for 3 days straight. I'm serious. Just lay in bed and sleep. Drink a lot of water and eat some vitamins along with it, but don't eat anything. Let your mind just heal itself and anything environmental be flushed out of your system.

Once in college I stayed up for 5 days straight consuming nothing by energy drinks and doing none stop work. By then I was hearing voices, seeing things, and having personality shifts too. Then I slept. Just kept sleeping. I woke up not knowing what day it was, but my mind had healed itself.

If that doesn't work, it's time for medication. Because it means the problem is you, not your environment. And therefore your mind needs professional aid.

It is true what they say about things like Ritalin. But the thing is, it works for those who actually need it.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What are you hearing?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Hello ATSer's.

I have recently had what some may call a mental breakdown. It's reason I haven't been hanging around ATS over the past few weeks.

Anyhow, I have been hearing voices, I have been having major panic attack. My personality seems to change from moment to moment, although I don't relise at the time.

My doctor believes I have bi-polar but she thinks my paranoia stems from my time at ATS.

I was just wondering your thoughts on this.
edit on 31-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Right there with you. You are going to be absolutely fine. You are going to be much better off once the mental breakdown energy has moved through you. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe. Walk around. Sleep. And have faith that you are going to be absolutely fine. And even if you don\t believe it.. you will be. ATS or not.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

When you get depressed you think about all the bad things you did. In all likelihood, the voices he's hearing is just the brain replaying things and analyzing it, wondering where it all went wrong. The brain is a jerk like that.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Hello ATSer's.

I have recently had what some may call a mental breakdown. It's reason I haven't been hanging around ATS over the past few weeks.

Anyhow, I have been hearing voices, I have been having major panic attack. My personality seems to change from moment to moment, although I don't relise at the time.

My doctor believes I have bi-polar but she thinks my paranoia stems from my time at ATS.

I was just wondering your thoughts on this.
edit on 31-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Mental issues need to be taken to a profession, not some GP. Don't bother with a psychiatrist either. A psychologist on the other can and will prove useful, assuming you have one that is actually emotionally intelligent.

Before you jump to any conclusions about any potential mental issues you may or may not have, get more then one opinion, because no sh*t, doctors just tell everyone they have depression or bi-polar disorders and to just take medication to make everything all better, when more often then not, some simple cognitive behavioural therapy can do wonders, especially if you ARE bi-polar. Avoid medication where possible, psychological problems, social problems, behaviour problems and mental problems are hugely blown out of proportion because of the pharmaceutical industry.

And no, ATS is not the cause of your problems. IF ANYTHING, it's society, ATS merely exposes society for what it is, or attempts to.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i actually started coming to this site after i had a nervous breakdown. i was put on xanax and paxil. ATS actually kind of helped me. it made me look at what was causing me anxiety and depression and sort of "face my fears". so a mix of medication, meditation and spewing my thoughts to strangers on the internets made me better.

that being said...i after about 9 mths of being on here everyday multiple times a day, i had to step back and get away. people here were really starting to get under my skin. i just started coming back again in the past few weeks, but i'm not on here nearly as much as i used to be.

so get some meds, take a vacation from ATS and recharge. then when you feel like a bit more like you....come back in moderation.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Health is nr 1. I have have had debilitating panic attacks cum hallucinations. I am currently still on a base dosage to keep my health.

ATS can be too much at times, and it is just a forum. It should be fun and informing, not getting those wheels of madness started in your head

Take good care and regain your balance.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I was seeing a psychiatrist after a bit of a breakdown a bit back. Mainly just rapid mood swings and increased anxiety. She was real quick to assert that I "wasn't to get into topics of aliens, the mayans, 2012, etc", when I never even mentioned anything to do with any of that.

She was sort of poking a bit of fun at other clients I guess, cause she mentioned how some hear voices, think aliens are talking to them, etc. Honestly, I wouldn't listen to them if I were you, unless this website is the cause of what you're feeling. You should have an idea.

Exploring all these topics just further educates me or helps me form a better opinion. I also have bipolar and was more prone to breakdowns prior to the mood stabilizer. Avoid ADs at all costs. Now I'm just experiencing the same sort of mood day-in and day-out, and sometimes I sleep in too much, well, all of the time, but I'd rather be taking these meds and be able to cope than feeling as though my moods are shifting 40 times a day, preventing me from doing anything productive. Bipolar can be mistaken for a few things. ADD, Schizotypal, Borderline PD.

But, please don't get caught up in the symptoms and medical definition game.

It's not worth it, and the entire field has created too many names for too many things that share far too many symptoms, imo.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I, too, have panic attacks almost every couple hours. To me, it feels like I am dieing and sometimes I wonder if I should call 911 only to be perfectly fine after 15 mins.

For me, it comes about within my surroundings and my thought process. If I think and worry about my breathing, then my breathing will change. If I am talking with people I do not know, or are in places that I do not find comfortable I find myself having a panic attack.

I keep trying to find ways to calm myself, rubbing my chest before I go to sleep, or taking deep, deep breaths are the only things that see to help a little. Medicene? I don't want to go on depressants, they make my personality feel weird.

But I don't believe ATS affects my panic attacks at all. I'm sure if I was to tell my docter half of the things about this site she/he would also tell me to stop looking at it considering it has such out there ideas that some people can't comprehend. Yet, I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to knowing whats actually happening in this world and being a sheeple. Therefore I will forever be apart of this giant conspiracy

link   
I find it funny that your GP told you to take a break from this site and you post a thread about it on here. Joking aside though, I would have probably done the same thing. However, it is good to take a break from it every now and then. Reading topics of this nature for an extended amount of time can warp your perceptions, and distort your view of the world. Yes there's a lot of bad stuff going on in the world, but I think it's our nature to focus on the bad stuff and ignore the good things happening. If you're going to stay on sites like these, maybe mix some uplifting posts in there too, so everything doesn't seem like such doom and gloom. Sometimes we need that silver lining to keep our spiritual/mental health intact.

link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

hearing voices isnt bi-polar bi-polar is having extreme highs and lows in feelings.

Yes, you most certainly can become psychotic and here voices when you are bipolar. These voices are called auditory hallucinations. You are correct about the extreme highs and lows.

OP. hope you have a good doctor. It took me years to get the proper combinations of medications. Even at that, when you are having an episode your medicines need adjusting. When you are feeling out of sorts call your doctor, hopefully a psychiatrist, do not wait until your next appointment if the medicines are not doing there job. Some bi-polars do self-medicate with alcohol, which is certainly not the best option. Do not drink and take psychiatric meds and the same time and never cold turkey your medicine without talking to your doctor. Too many people have died trying to do things like save a few bucks and get off their meds and switch to fish oil. Also, NEVER quit taking the meds because you are feeling better. You are feeling better because of the meds. You will end up suicidal or in the psychiatric ward at best if you stop taking your medicine.

Praying for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

See another GP, too many of them think they're God.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Classic case of demonic possession or Jinns in middle eastern traditions.

Cure? Stop reading into conspiracies so much, don't fill your head with mush like this, it will start to fracture the psyche.

I have what you described, I am bi-polar, I often split my personality up into multiples to think deeply or work out a problem or just to playback a conversation I had (I have a visual memory).

I am mildly autistic (Aspergers Syndrome) so I function well 90% of the time and then fall flat on my face (in a manner of speak).

My advice is get out of your house, go out, do stuff you normally wouldn't like going for a walk, surround yourself with nature, go on a road trip, see someone you haven't for ages - all of this works.

The best cure for any problem is to go help someone else, it takes your mind of things and gets rid of any demons you are carrying around (metaphorical and metaphysical) - help a homeless person, go chat to someone or give them food.

Good luck my friend.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I guess ATS could do that to some. I've been here for a looooong time though and after seeing doomsday thread after doomsday thread fail epically, I mostly read it for entertainment. Sounds to me that you may have a bit more going on than just reading ATS, although if you're not having mental clarity the content on these boards may elevate your fear and anxiety, definitely. Most of us go through some level of emotional or mental issues at some point, one positive is that it's often an acute thing, and clears up sooner or later as long as you don't try and ignore it. Good luck and get better.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

you know what. they could be right. for real... all the doom and gloom here is not good for the soul.

edit on 31-3-2012 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

No way dude. I don't eat food anymore. My body and soul feeds on the doom and gloom.

In all seriousness, I to have to take a few days away from following "the real news" just so my body and soul can recover from the fact that the world is in fact so screwed up as a whole. It's nice to get away from it all and engage in the brighter side of life from time to time.

Sometimes I get almost to the point of having a breakdown, particularly when my personal life is in the toilet. At that point, the only saving grace is to look at things as a comedy. All of it. Listen to some George Carlin or Bill Hicks.

Good luck original poster.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am a healthcare professional and im on this website all the time

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Stress...in my unprofessional opinion. Maybe helped out by ATS. In addition to "expanding your mind", conspiracy theories can cause a feeling of something requiring immediate attention. You know..."If I don't act on this now and continually until solved...I'm doomed"...type of thing.

Suggestion...take a long break, walk a lot, look at the sky and nature and realize that even if everything here is true...you have no control. Enjoy what there is, don't worry so much about what might be.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

If you cant take this place with a huge brick of salt, then i would certainly advise leaving.

ATS must be approached as purely entertainment, where you might sometimes find yourself surprised to learn something or have a meaningful debate.

Believe the things you read and your worldview will almost certainly be wildly distorted. Same goes for the mainstream news.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This site presents information... stimuli... it is not good nor bad.

... you interpret this stimuli through your experiences...

... this might trigger issues in you creating bad psychological states...

... if you think it does you should avoid such stimuli and work on reducing those triggers. Moderation is your friend also.

I have had been to many mental heath practitioners... only found two good ones in all that time - many bad.

Finding a good mental health practitioner YOU CAN TRUST is the best advice anyone can give you. If you don't trust them then you can't open up to a level to get at the deep underlying issues. It is a long and frustrating process finding one you trust and you feel is helping. But don't give up the search until you find one.

A bad mental health practitioner you can't trust is much worse than and stimuli from ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join