reply to post by ALOSTSOUL
I don't know enough information about you and your background to answer emphatically and 100% confidently whether ATS is the
of your paranoia
I would make two observations:
1. It IS highly likely that the paranoid tendencies were greatly entrenched before ATS existed.
2. You should be able to answer that for yourself--or your friends and relatives well could.
3. It IS ALSO HIGHLY LIKELY that ATS DOES help keep your paranoid thoughts wound up off and on to a fever pitch.
4. And, as the old saying goes from 40 years ago . . .
JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE PARANOID does NOT mean that THEY are NOT OUT TO GET YOU! LOL.
5. There are worse things than an extended break from ATS.
I don't know that this site would be a huge improvement for you but it MIGHT WELL be a calmer way to keep tabs on alternative news. It's the largest
conservative site on the net:
They don't allow any significant UFO stuff . . . They don't allow any truther stuff etc.
6. OVERCOMING paranoid stuff and panic attack, anxiety disorder stuff is a major challenge. imho, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to literally 'rewire'
your thought-processes is a huge priority. I don't believe meds alone are the answer. Research indicates that meds can help provide some emotional
space to rewire your "stinkin' thinkin' "
7. You likely need to devote most of your free time to rewiring your thinking and learning how to live in a chaotic falling apart world in an
OVERCOMING way. No small challenge.
8. Also, the OVERCOMING PART of rewiring one's stinking thinking is crucial and applicable IN ANY CONTEXT--EVEN A POW context.
9. i.e. it is NOT per se, the CIRCUMSTANCES that AUTOMATICALLY HAVE to define your reality.
10. Viktor Frankl--Jewish psychiatrist in Hitler's death camp . . . discovered and wrote about in MAN'S SEARCH FOR MEANING that almost any
meaningful connection to hopeful or constructive or life oriented things outside one's self can be life preserving.
11. YOU CAN LEARN to become OPTIMISTIC and CALM even in the face of mose crises situations that are real AS WELL AS UNREAL.
12. AT an unconscious, even emotional level--paranoid thoughts trigger the same FIGHT/FLIGHT response that real situations do. And that cortisol in
your blood shortens your life IN THE BEST OF TIMES. It is IMPORTANT to rewire your thinking. THAT MUST BE YOUR HIGH PRIORITY.
13. The traitorous genocidal jerks trying to shove the world down their carefully engineered hell-hole will do whatever they are going to do WITH OR
WITHOUT YOU BEING ON ATS. There is little to nothing you can do about that.
14. Constantly scanning the horizon for the least bit of threat in your field of view is exhausting and subtracts from your life. It is an obsessive
habit that is as big a THREAT to you as a lot of things the powers that be MIGHT do.
15. YOU WILL HAVE BETTER RESOURCES TO DEAL WITH WHATEVER THE FUTURE HOLDS--mentally, emotionally, skills-wise
you step-back and conentrate on getting your mental and emotional act together. THAT HAS TO BE YOUR HIGHER PRIORITY.
16. Otherwise, some globalist could just say "BOO" to you and you'd become a mass of ineffective protoplasm at their mercy. There's NO USE in
17. Learn to strengthen your relationships with those closest to you.
18. Learn to expand your options for having fun.
19. Learn to reward other people for small kindnesses and for being in your life.
20. Learn to give to some folks who can't give back--perhaps old folks in a hospice or other type home.
21. Learn some creative art or craft and devote a lot of time perfecting it. Brighten other lives through what you produce.
22. SLAP THE DESTRUCTIVE FORCES IN THE FACE
BY OVERCOMING your paranoia etc. It's THE BEST YOU CAN DO for now.
AND IT'S OK to admit and focus on that. ESSENTIAL, actually. imho.
May you have great success in your OVERCOMING EFFORTS.
--BX, PhD, Clinical Psychology