It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My GP Told Me To Leave ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
i think it's a bunch of hogwash bro. what caused your breakdown? (and you don't need to share...just think0

do you have other things going on in your life? i seriously doubt ATS alone could break down anyone. yeah...there's a lotta info on here that could scare anyone...but there's a lottta info on here that can help anyone, too...

so if you truly think ATS has something to do with it...take break but it sounds to me like you think the doc is full of crap, too...your heart knows what you need.

i'm certified bi-polar...took myself off the meds years ago. best thing i ever did for myself! meds might be nice to
help you regain a grip but don't stay on them forever...chances are you don't need them but for a few months.

like fissionsurplus said...i get a lot more irate about people on here than the actual news/info...in which case,
yeah...take a vacation from the office!

deep down you know if ATS is the problem or not. i mean...you brought your concern here...i'd say you don't really trust your docs advice on this one do ya mate?

(ps...i used to hear voices, too...for a period of about 3 years...whispers, laughs, my name, occasional taunts...there's a world much bigger than ours right before our eyes that we cannot see...but we know it's there...)
edit on 3/31/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

I have had nothing recent that may have sent me this way. I went to the doctor after I had a panic attack about people talking about me at work. She diagnosed me with depression although I told her I wasn't depressed. I keep my wits about me and relised that what I thought were people talking about were actually in my head.

I waited a little to see if I could make them go away. They didn't so I went back to my GP. Told her the score and after a lengthy discussion she diagnosed me with paranoid based bi-polar.

ALE

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
It's always wise to take the Docs advice. This really can be a depressing forum, a sort of central database of all the bad and terrifying news and events in the world.

We proudly 'deny ignorance', but sometimes 'ignorance is bliss'.

I am planning to take a complete break from computers and the internet myself, perhaps a month without even turning a computer on. I wonder if I'll feel better for it.

I might join you, ah.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
We use a lot of allegory and esoteric communication here on ATS. We often troll with our posts, writing them so that the information can be (miss)interpreted many different ways. If you find yourself *going home* as they say to uncomfortable conclusions that the mods dont see in threads, it is usually just a simple case of missing an esoteric point.

I must have some kind of weird psychosis that involves song lyrics. Some stupid song will pop into my head without me having any direct conscious connection too it at the time. Its like some resonant understanding of whatever i've been recently studying or reading making itself heard. Never scares me and other than being pleasantly distracting its not much of a problem.

I doubt these voices you are hearing that bother you are caused by ATS. Could be something as simple as a sensitizing agent you have come in contact with in your physical environment.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I can see your GP's point. Sometimes you need a real break from the internet. It is quite easy to 'make mountains out of mole hills' as it were, and get yourself worked up about the stuff you read on conspiracy sites, religious sites, and the like.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Please ALOSTSOUL listen there is only one way for me to say this and I do NOT mean it in a HORRIBLE way,please do not take offense but it sounds to me like a week mind. I am a firm believer that all troubles,sickness,ect.. stem from the mind.Most all problems come from a week mind and nutritional deficiencies.We can improve nutrition and work on mind power. I truly do not mean to offend you with these statements my friend,best of luck to you in a speedy recovery.but think of it this way=if you hang around someone you do start acting like those people in certain ways (we all do)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I doubt ATS is the problem, but it may exacerbate what ever problems you are having.

www.cracked.com...

However, I truly believe something is happening to people, caused by the internet and cell phones.

Mind Control by Cell Phone

Electromagnetic signals from cell phones can change your brainwaves and behavior. But don't break out the aluminum foil head shield just yet.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Study links excessive Internet use to depression
www.reuters.com...

The proof is in the pudding, I know I feel better when I stay away from these devices, try it, see what happens.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Sorry to here that you are having these problems. Are you experiencing stress or pressure at your workplace?

ATS can overstimulate. And as a previous poster pointed out, can be addictive. Some time restriction on internet and meditation will help you to centre yourself.

Ask A Monk:: Addiction to Entertainment
www.youtube.com...

Awaken from Maya - Mooji
www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-3-2012 by maya27 because: Added Mooji link

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
juts try it and see what happens

if there is improvement, then never come back

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I started having pretty heavy panic attacks about a year ago, I really beleive it was from buying into all the doom and gloom on ATS. I stopped using it for about 3 weeks and it seemed to help. All I can say is good luck! and dont let them make you think you need pills to solve your problems! We can heal ourselves if we want to.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey ALS I just wanted to point out that it may be inyour best interest to give yourself some time away from ATS.
I think we all know the dangers of what some minor mental issues + ATS can build up to to. Just wanted to remind everyone that.

Good luck i've sorta been where you have been and taking a break and clearing your mind can really help.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac573

Yes and Vitamin D3, minimum 5000 IU's a day will help as an antidepressant. The book The Power Of Now is a good read and teaches how to control your thoughts. Might help you OP.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-3-2012 by Lupine67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I started having panic attacks in 1981, the most important thing you can do is get the right help for them, the sooner the better.

I didn't know what was happening to me so now its pretty much set in, but if you get help quickly they can reverse this.
panicdisorder.about.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I Always held denying ignorance over my mental health, but I have ways to stabilize myself. I think you might need some too. I know how the policies are in here. but I could suggest a few ways to do it. If you insist on staying clean, I'd say yoga. I for one, drink and smoke, but you do not need to follow my path. It's irresponsible and dangerous. Helps me though. I am no expert(although I trained myself quite a bit in the ways of the mind) most people who have mental disorders, are extremely off the balance in terms of their routines and priorities. I'd suggest looking at your life, and single handedly try to examine what the problem is. If it's really ATS what gives you the creeps, or just the end of the world theories scaring you sh*tless, then I'd suggest you face your fears. examine them, prepare for them. there's no use in sticking your head in sand, and I think once you opened your eyes of the world, you can not really close them. I had the same creeps some time back then. I stacked up and armed myself. I don't say I do not fear tomorrow, at least I can say I am prepared in my best terms.x
Good luck with it. Fear is a hideous beast to be fought, for it creeps you from inside, rather than from where you can see it. And if you don't address your fears, they can easily overpower you, and believe me, this world(or at least what this world is turning into) is no place for those who will not stand in the face of fear. I know, it is a hard task, but it is most essential for survival.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Nobody can give a complete diagnosis on the web. There are certain markers for the disease. I think a lot of meds are overprescribed but. On bipolar disorder the meds work really well. Consider your diagnosis and always get a second opinion. Once you are confident in the diagnosis study the treatments. The meds will help a lot. Behavioural therapy can supplement it but the meds in bp make the difference. And once you get a comfort level stay on them. Bps frequently start feeling good and stop the meds and its only a matter of time before an episode turns into a rollercoaster ride from hell. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
or in panic disorder having to face your fears is what heals.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ATS calms me down, I can keep every thing at bay by remaining vigilant and aware of the world.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I, too am bi-polar. If you are having paranoia and hearing voices this place in not an environment conducive to healing. I'd listen to your doctor. Your illness will feed on the doom-and-gloom paranoid threads.

Hope you find lasting peace of mind.

I will pray for you.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If you lack the depth necessary to read between the lines, isolate and identify agendas, and formulate your own opinion on the subject matter that you read here, yes, you should avoid ATS. But, if you are intellectually hungry for oposing and alternative viewpoints, and you are capable of injesting them with a grain of salt, you will soon find yourself craving the endless stream of banter and rhetoric, and yes, the occasional piece of breaking news that might never recieve attention from the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I had thoughts of suicide many times growing up. I knew I would never do it because my nature is to do unto others. And why put others in emotional pain. I'm close with my daughter and we touched on this subject a couple weeks ago. She is 20 soon to be 21 but to my surprise she said it has crossed her mind as well 50 plus times. So it is genetics in this case. It's been years since I have had those thoughts. I swear it is a vitamin deficiency like others are saying here. D3 worked for me but everybody is different. I hope you find peace Op

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Hello,
I empathise greatly, I have always questioned the world and have an over whelming passion and need for knowledge. I have recently had a rather difficult time with my parents over this part of my personality, my dad has called me a fruitcake, insane ect. This was over Christmas and like yourself I suffer from panic attacks, they are a coping method and I see them as a physical alert from my body that I need to accept I am not ok. Kind of like a warning signal that somethings wrong, so of course over Christmas I had panic attacks galore. I hate them but my philosophy is take the warning and make time to look after yourself. The problem is when your eyes are open to the REAL world unless you are surrounded by like minded people, I find you feel detached from things and can feel like you're going mad in normal situations, work ect. I am returning to university as a mature student to study Sociology and Philosophy as I find it all fascinating and want to put my interests into something useful, but whilst researching the course I came across a book called A treatise of Human Nature by the philosopher David Hume, I read a couple of pages that I have pasted in below, it really helped me somehow. He talks about the mental battle you have when you have a questioning mind. Can I ask a personal question, don't worry if you don't want to answer it but do you have a faith in your life? Through my interests on everything within the world, I bought myself a bible to read up on revelations as I noticed a lot of people mentioning this within threads in relation to New world order ect, however I have continued to read it and have found it a great comfort.

A quote I have always loved and I never knew it was from the bible until recently -

"Do not be conformed to this world, instead be transformed by the renewal of your mind."

xx

"Never be afraid to fall apart, it gives us a chance to rebuild yourself the way you wished you had been before."

books.google.co.uk... =knDD5T-Fz0&sig=G_hyYbuDKfhG_oa0G4uGAOLZQmw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=d4_6TrXpEIexhAfvkL3GAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=in%20all%20incidents%20of%20life%20 we%20ought%20still%20to%20preserve%20our%20scepticism&f=false

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join