It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My GP Told Me To Leave ATS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Many of us probably have obsessive compulsive addictive personalities. This site has that sort of attraction to doom and gloom with a huge dose of I've gotta go to ATS to read what is currently happening or being discussed. Many of us might think that somehow we can help the crappy state of things by being alert and aware of what is going on by CONSTANT awareness which can also play havoc with our mental health outlook. It doesn't stop the world from going to hell in a hand basket if and when we take breaks from all that is ATS.
Life is too serious to take it to seriously!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hey RA.

I too consider you a mate, that's one of the reasons I'm finding it hard to heed her advice. I have had so many great moments at ATS. I have made friends, I have discovered thing I otherwise wouldn't have knownI have been enlightened. I feel that if I leave ATS I will return to the ignorant little twirp I was 3 years ago.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupine67
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Hi Alostsoul, I read your post and created an account because of it. First off, just because a doctor says you might be crazy doesn't mean you are. And if you are hearing voices it could be because you are gifted and not crazy. I don't believe in big pharma and their drugs they push. You can be your own doctor and search for natural remedies. When my fan is turned on to cool me down I hear voices. The 3D world and the spirit world are closer than we think. Good luck to you. Also, never fear death or anything for that matter. We are here for a short span compared to where we really belong.
Peace

The voice I hear aren't actually audioable. It's like I hear someone whispering behind me but I can never make it out. It's actually why I was sent to the Docs in the first place.

I went slightly mad at work when I thoughtme mates where talking about me.

ALS

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Nothing is wrong with a little vacation from ATS. RA can vouch, I have done so myself because it was becoming too much. RA was still there as we exchanged email addresses and spoke here & there.

Your ATS friends will be there for you I am sure.

If you just can't stay away, then perhaps like another poster mentioned, just stick with the "off topic" side of ATS for a little while. I took the liberty of perusing your profile, you post and are involved in some pretty in depth topics here on ATS, wouldn't hurt to try the lighter side for a while, it will promote a more positive vibe and you will not have to go anywhere.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm am clear at the moment, in fact I haven't been this clear in a while but I am quite drunk. It seems to help.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well, I'm not saying you should do this or you should do that, like I said before, this is your decision, it's your life. But let me just say that sometimes, despite this being a website full of fantastic information on a variety of topics, which it is, leaving it in an odd way can sometimes teach us a great deal more than if we was actually here.

I know from experience just how helpful a small break can be. I found my break, and I imagine everyone need's that break, refreshing. So sure, I agree with you, this website is great and the information can sometimes make us feel like we have to be here all the time otherwise we may miss something we simply need to know about.. but trust me, there's nothing wrong with taking that break. We all need it from time to time whether it be because thing's get boring, they repeat themselves, or because thing's just get too much for us - As someone else before said, all the doom and gloom all the time can't be helpful.

But like I said, the decision of where to go from here is in your hands. This is your life we're taking about, your health here. Not mine, not anyone else's, but yours.

All the best to you my friend.

edit on 31-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm am clear at the moment, in fact I haven't been this clear in a while but I am quite drunk. It seems to help.

Hope you aren't drinking on top of meds the Dr. may have prescribed for you. Be careful my Friend.

Des

edit on 31-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I feel that if I leave ATS I will return to the ignorant little twirp I was 3 years ago.

You don't need to completely leave ATS, but cutting back probably wouldn't hurt. I take long breaks every now and then and spend my free time doing other interesting things. There is lots of good info on the net besides ATS. Also, you would probably do well to take most things you read with a large pinch of salt. 3/4 of the stuff posted on ATS is completely nonsense if you take the time to discern the facts. It seems you are getting sucked into the rabbit hole and it's playing tricks on your ability to discern fact from fiction. Like how can I know what is real man? It's all lies, why can't people see the truth! Don't let those thoughts overrun your mind, they will consume you. Life is just a game, don't take it so seriously. Just learn to go with the flow and learn to laugh at the absurdity of it all. If you obsess over these things it will drive you mad. Take the slow lane, laugh at the stupid sights along the way, and stop for breaks every now and then.
edit on 31-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Some people will say that if you are hearing voices you are nuts, however, possibly, out of curiosity what do the voices say?

Now, if you've had a mental breakdown, keep going for counseling. I hope your counselor is a really good one.

You could be having a nervous breakdown or you could be obtaining awakening????

If you are depressed, anxious, nervous and find that ATS, the news, anything is really bringing you down to the point of not being able to function, than get help and give yourself permission to take a sabbatical from anything dark and heavy.

Read something light and happy, like Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Books, or Chicken Soup for the Soul, Inspirational stuff or something that makes you feel happy and light.

While my three sons and I were waiting in the waiting room while my husband was having open heart surgery (not a clean out, actual open heart surgery) my oldest son started telling jokes, really funny ones and believe it or not, it passed the time and got me through a really very dark time.

Laughter is good for the soul, start searching for good jokes.

I find painting and gardening, touching the earth with my bare hands and feet seems to sooth me. Take some nature hikes if possible with friends, never go alone.

Volunteer at a local animal shelter, old folks home or homeless shelter. I have found when I am really down that helping someone else with no expectation of payback makes me feel really good, like I have a purpose.

Rescue (adopt, spay and neuter) a dog or cat on death row if possible................your life will have meant something.

Then take that dog or cat on a walk every day. Don't forget to bring a can of mace and your cell phone and always keep your companion in a harness on a leash for safety.

Lastly, it's good you are talking to your doctor and therapist. If they suggest medication, many say it's bad, but I take 1/2 a Valium at night before bed to stop nightmares.

My sister in law confided in me that she takes Zoloft and she says it really has done wonders for her.

I won't take Zoloft but do take St. John's Wort and Valerian Root gel caps. Talk with your doctor first and make sure you follow instructions, as herbs were the foundation of our modern medicine.

Myself, I take two St. John's Wort and one Valerian Root Gel Cap in the morning around 9AM with my cup of coffee and I'm ready to go

Lastly, yes we're going through a lot of changes, but most things are out of your hands and my hands.

Just concentrate on what you can do to make your little part of the universe better. Holding that elevator door open for the slow walker at work, smiling at someone that seems down, say hi to a neighbor.

I have found that I have met more people while walking my dog, I now know most of the people on my block.

Mainly, and I should follow my own advice, when you are feeling really down, try to watch as little TV as possible. Don't play violent video games, play like scrabble, bookworm or solitaire.

If you must watch TV, watch something funny. I just saw a cute foreign movie called Jump Tomorrow www.imdb.com...

Four Weddings and a Funeral, both the English and American versions are good.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles with John Candy.

Home Alone with John Candy

Double Trouble with John Candy

(Sad such a sweet man had to die so young, yes I met him long time ago for about five minutes - very nice man).

Coneheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All right one of my favorite fluff movies

Marigold - www.imdb.com... A spoiled American actress finds love and romance in India

---------------------

Don't watch anything that involves violence, hopelessness, sadness or darkness.

Smile, yes, smiling releases chemicals that can up your mood as well as laughter (remember those Uncle John Bathroom reader books) and exercise if you are physically able - walking my dog that we rescued (she was in cage #2 by the green door and six hours away from being gassed) makes me feel like my life has meaning at least to someone.

We've rescued various cats and dogs from death row over the years..............poodles are hypoallergenic. My sister's little poodle was not fussy, prissy or nippy. Sherri was very sweet, smart and I just gave her an all over puppy cut not the foo foo poodle cut.

Hint: For any dog, you need to either have a completely fenced in yard and take them for a daily walk. Keep an eye on them even in the back yard, there are a lot of nutty people and some dogs like to dig their way out and wander. Ours don't but I watch her closely anyway.

Good Search (instead of Google so each search gives the charity of your choice .1) "funny, cute or happy videos"

Again, stop reading the threads that are depressive and you have no control over...............again, I should follow my own advice.

This is a really good video and the music is very cool.

Link in case it's taken down: www.youtube.com... Called twin baby moose in sprinkler.

Hope this reply has helped you.

Lucy's picture is below...................at least we saved her, a puppy mill breeder that at six years of age was thrown into a high kill shelter and saved at the last moment.

Again, if you can't say it publicly, u2u me, I am curious as to what the voices you hear say. My reason is many folks now claim et contact and while this sounds crazy, nothing is impossible and all things are possible.

One last thought, if you drink heavily or smoke - quit and don't drink tap water, buy either bottled water or better yet get like Brita and filter your drinking water.

If you have metal fillings, have your dentist remove them, I got mine removed and have beautiful white ones now that match my teeth

Do you live near any cell or power towers????

And look at Domo1's avatar, the smiling cat...............that has got to up your mood.

edit on 31-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Drinking will give you a temporary reprieve, but will seriously screw you in the long run. Dont drink, eat better, exercise more and listen to the doc. Remember YOU are the one that went to her with the problem. She has spent years and dedicated her life to understanding the human body. Leave ATS for awhile. At least a few months then if youre better come back.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, just take care with the GP. He/she could be right in regards to your paranoia, but it could be deadly wrong when prescribing you Prozac-like medicine. There is no scientific evidence on treatments for mental illnesses, also the amount of "disorders" they create is just ridiculous. Psychiatry is not real science, there is nothing to measure in your brain - just an agreed diagnose based on your behaviour. My advice: limit your ATS to 30 minutes a day
also make sure you enjoy life , do something fun every day , go outside, go in the nature, travel. Your brain is oversaturated with bad news , it is just processing what you are feeding it. Spend some time with yourself, with God if you are spiritual, also with the nature.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Your doc is probably right to some extent but i doubt its JUST ats thats the problem. It wouldnt hurt to take a week or two break from ats and see if the same things keep happening. if it doesnt improve well then there might be somthing else contributing to your problems. but as they say, too much of a good thing can be bad for you.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The drinking concerns me ... I self medicated with alcohol and drugs ... bad news. Highly toxic, vicious cycle, it's a temporary reprieve but the after effects of anxiety and mental imbalance will be increased. It also makes you vulnerable to negative energy. As for the whispers ... dunno ... could be technology, could be illusion, could be spiritual not sure. Again, best of luck.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I think the news media is probably more damaging then ATS,
If anything you have probably realized some truths due to ATS and become frustrated that most idiots don't care or understand.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Rising Against

Hey RA.

I too consider you a mate, that's one of the reasons I'm finding it hard to heed her advice. I have had so many great moments at ATS. I have made friends, I have discovered thing I otherwise wouldn't have knownI have been enlightened. I feel that if I leave ATS I will return to the ignorant little twirp I was 3 years ago.

There's no going back to who you were before. Sorry...I sometimes wish I could go back to not 'knowing' lol. Wishful thinking on my part at times. However,creating a little distance may help you be able to manage a bit better. Sometimes it's helpful to back away from the situation in order to gain a little perspective. It is not running away, but simply giving yourself a bit more room to breath. It can help to broaden your point of view and help you to better assess the situation and your position in it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I can never seem to make the voices out. But I have noticed when I hear them, I always hear them when the team are under pressure at work. The other Times I hear them are when I'm near a radio. Strange I know but I have gone through great lengths to stay away from FM radios, it's seems to trigger something within my head.

Without being desrespectful, the advice you have given doesn't seem to work with me. There is only one thing that keeps me calm, there is only one person that stops me from going completely over the edge. And she is my beloved.

Eta: oh and I don't think I live near a cell tower, I have no fillingsand domi1s cat does put a smile on me face.

To the record I am not depressed nor have I been.
edit on 31-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i think it's a bunch of hogwash bro. what caused your breakdown? (and you don't need to share...just think0

do you have other things going on in your life? i seriously doubt ATS alone could break down anyone. yeah...there's a lotta info on here that could scare anyone...but there's a lottta info on here that can help anyone, too...

so if you truly think ATS has something to do with it...take break but it sounds to me like you think the doc is full of crap, too...your heart knows what you need.

i'm certified bi-polar...took myself off the meds years ago. best thing i ever did for myself! meds might be nice to help you regain a grip but don't stay on them forever...chances are you don't need them but for a few months.

like fissionsurplus said...i get a lot more irate about people on here than the actual news/info...in which case, yeah...take a vacation from the office!

deep down you know if ATS is the problem or not. i mean...you brought your concern here...i'd say you don't really trust your docs advice on this one do ya mate?

(ps...i used to hear voices, too...for a period of about 3 years...whispers, laughs, my name, occasional taunts...there's a world much bigger than ours right before our eyes that we cannot see...but we know it's there...)
edit on 3/31/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I have had to get off ATS at times just to keep my self in check. The way I feel about ATS is it shows us how messed up the world really is and while the rest of the world is blissfully ignorant and so sucked into the consumer lifestyle or thinking they are getting the correct facts from media outlets we ATSers are searching for the actual facts. The population looks at us as crazy and we have so much information on subjects that people dont want to hear about because it makes them feel bad, so when talking to friends or family they ignore us. We see the noose tighting slowly and are trying to inform other people and they look at you like your nuts. It depressing! We care in a world full of people who dont care. Look the world is insane! To be sane in an insane world would mean you would have to be crazy by their standards. Smile dude
edit on 31-3-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

hearing voices isnt bi-polar bi-polar is having extreme highs and lows in feelings.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's always wise to take the Docs advice. This really can be a depressing forum, a sort of central database of all the bad and terrifying news and events in the world.

We proudly 'deny ignorance', but sometimes 'ignorance is bliss'.

I am planning to take a complete break from computers and the internet myself, perhaps a month without even turning a computer on. I wonder if I'll feel better for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join