It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My GP Told Me To Leave ATS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hello ATSer's.

I have recently had what some may call a mental breakdown. It's reason I haven't been hanging around ATS over the past few weeks.

Anyhow, I have been hearing voices, I have been having major panic attack. My personality seems to change from moment to moment, although I don't relise at the time.

My doctor believes I have bi-polar but she thinks my paranoia stems from my time at ATS.

I was just wondering your thoughts on this.
edit on 31-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
More importantly...what do you think about what your GP said. I'm not a trained professional to judge your state of mind.

We all need a mental health break sometimes. There's nothing wrong with that.

Des

edit on 31-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

you know what. they could be right. for real... all the doom and gloom here is not good for the soul.

edit on 31-3-2012 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You should hold your mental health over denying ignorance.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Perhaps you should heed her advice. There are plenty of other less invasive forums on the internet. Sometimes a break from all the doom and gloom is warranted. I wish you the best in any regard!
edit on 3/31/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Don't listen to doctors. They are a tool for tptb.

That's sarcasm btw

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Next thing ya know, our health insurance providers are going to want to know what websites we visit.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't think ATS can actually cause a mental breakdown, but I agree with your GP that this may not be the best environment for someone who is wrestling with serious personal issues. Speedy healing!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Leave ATS for a period of time and see if you get any better, although I suppose once you know the truth and the things that have been said, you'll never forget but with all honesty, you should take her advice.

Good luck and I hope you get well soon.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Actually, my panic disorder has reared its ugly head again and I am back on meds. My doc feels it is related to websites like ATS freaking me out.

However, he also visits this site and agrees that it is important to be aware as well as calm.

He recommends taking breaks from it when I feel my blood pressure rising and I start to feel anxious. So that's what I do....I leave the web, go outside, or do something else that is productive and not related to the end of the world.

I have to admit, though....The people who are rude and make fun of others get my BP up much higher than the doom-and-gloom scenarios.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A GP blaming ATS for paranoia?

Now THAT'S a generalization for ya.

There's more to ATS than the doom and gloom. Relationships, Jokes and Puns, Automotive, Urban Legends, Music, Movies.......there is a lighter side to ATS and those forums are a good place to start.

I see from your numbers that you are here a lot, but I've seen members who haven't been here as long with MUCH higher numbers.

If I were you I'd look into changing GP's, not your forum posting habits.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I agree with what some others have said - This is not our decision here. This is not even your GP's, although they are perhaps in a much better position than we are here. But at the end of the day this decision is solely yours. So I ask, what do you think?

I also want to say that I consider you a friend of mine here, ALS. I'm very sorry to hear about your current circumstances. If ever you need to chat about stuff you know where to find me.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
More importantly...what do you think about what your GP said. I'm not a trained professional to judge your state of mind.

Des

Honestly, I believe ATS knock down many walls for me. I feel as if doc is rebuilding them, which I don't like. I feel as she is a doctor I should listen but I do not want to. Im confused as to whether she is with or against me. But I have been told that that confusion mean I still hold so me sense of stability.

edit on 31-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: Sorry, some really weird typos.

link   
Double post.
edit on 31-3-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Des

Honestly, I believe ATS knock down many walls for me. I feel as if doc is rebuilding them, which I don't like. I feel as she is a doctor I should listen but I want do much not to. I confused as to whether she is with or against me. But I have been told that that confusion mean I still hold some sense of stability.

Without your mental health intact, your house, figuratively speaking, will have it's walls knocked down.
edit on 31-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hi there, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I've had mental health issues as well in the past ... suicidal, committed to psych a couple of times but I made it through. I am not any kind of professional so I offer my thoughts not as advice but just to show support. I think the most important thing I learned was the power of positive thinking. I wouldn't avoid ATS completely because if you feel cut off from a valuable source of support and information, feelings of panic could result. It is essential to maintain a balance with time spent online and absorbing info. I hope you are able to spend some time in nature. Fear and anger are so toxic so dwelling on negative subjects is a bad idea. What worked for me was cutting back on pharmaceuticals ... I went for blood tests instead and opted for bioidentical hormones to balance my thyroid and adrenal glands. I also stopped consuming beef, processed foods, sugar, rice and starches. Yeast overgrowth in the intestinal tract leads to all kinds of ghastly toxicity that I think can affect the brain. Vitamin deficiencies are an issue as well. Keep your intentions positive, best of luck to you.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

for real buddy. it is so easy to lose yourself and the heard part is finding the way back. Take a break for awhile and we will be here when you return. It is worth the try and effort.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

well we are getting Nuked and they are gearing up for something...
but go with your guts... I'd say take some days off and see how some camping.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Hi Alostsoul, I read your post and created an account because of it. First off, just because a doctor says you might be crazy doesn't mean you are. And if you are hearing voices it could be because you are gifted and not crazy. I don't believe in big pharma and their drugs they push. You can be your own doctor and search for natural remedies. When my fan is turned on to cool me down I hear voices. The 3D world and the spirit world are closer than we think. Good luck to you. Also, never fear death or anything for that matter. We are here for a short span compared to where we really belong.
Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Des

Honestly, I believe ATS knock down many walls for me. I feel as if doc is rebuilding them, which I don't like. I feel as she is a doctor I should listen but I want do much not to. I confused as to whether she is with or against me. But I have been told that that confusion mean I still hold some sense of stability.

I agree with you ALS. ATS is a good place for having the fabric of what is real, stretched sometimes. It's one of the reasons I like it. Maybe your Dr. is just trying to help you cope with some of the symptoms of anxiety you might be feeling, by suggesting you limit your time here on ATS. I don't think a good Dr. would tell a patient that is going through hard emotional times, that only ATS is the cause of the problems.

You seem to have a clearness in how you communicate, that is good. It can't be all that bad. But, taking breaks to focus on other aspects of life, outside of ATS may be beneficial too.

It's like knowing that candy is not that great for you if that's all you eat. And only eating candy as a treat sometimes.

I wish you well in your path of healing....

Des

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join