It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid = Electric Generator

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

The ancient people didn't build the pyramids for the sole purpose of being tombs. That is the worst fallacy I have ever heard. If a pharaoh or king was to build something that big with a filled interior it had a purpose. These people weren't dumb just because they had wants and desires that differ from ours. The masses of people needed to build these things could have easily overthrown all the armies of the leaders if they were enslaved. These were strong people. There were no guns then. They couldn't have built them if they were in chains. Why did they build them? Why did the followers help them build them? Things don't add up with the present archeological explanations. The Colosseum and huge hall structures would have been easier to build and more practical. I'll stick to researching things and seek the truth instead of settling for the fallacies that are presently taught to us.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Perhaps you could explain the building of hundred of thousands of mosques, devasthanam, churches and cathedrals? Why did people do that and why do they still do that?

You may wish to take a look at the AE religion - it is from that, and their obsession with death and future life that drives pyramid building - beside the egos of Pharoahs - if you don't understand the central focus of their lives then yes building a big pyramid would make no sense to you, but to them it did, more than a 100+ times

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

They are buildings capable of holding more than a few people. Their existence make sense. There is no proven evidence that the pyramids were built as burial tombs. The interpretations of the evidence is what we are speaking about. A bunch of people agreed the present belief is true, they are conditioned to believe this. That doesn't make it real, it doesn't make it unreal. It is just that many people believe in a theory. Do you believe in Buddha? Billions of people do. I believe in lots of his philosophy but I believe there is also a god. I do not have to believe in god like all others do to believe in god. I do not have to accept others perceptions as my own if there are some things that interfere with my beliefs. I believe in the research of the sciences but research is often ordered to substantiate a belief.

I also believe that some of the pyramids are much older than what they say. Some Pharaoh may have written they built it to take credit for it or just restored what was there. They could have removed old stones and replaced them with their own.
edit on 3-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The ancient people didn't build the pyramids for the sole purpose of being tombs.

No, they were also monuments to their ego.

That is the worst fallacy I have ever heard.

Really? That is the worst? That is worse than saying the pyramids are giant electric generator because Tesla built electronics?

These people weren't dumb just because they had wants and desires that differ from ours.

Who ever said they were dumb? That is a strawman if I ever heard one.

The masses of people needed to build these things could have easily overthrown all the armies of the leaders if they were enslaved.

A few things wrong with that.
1. They were not enslaved, they were highly respected craftsmen. Some were even allowed to be buried near the pyramid.

These were strong people. There were no guns then. They couldn't have built them if they were in chains.

Who do you think you are talking to? I made no mention of guns or chains. I am not the one saying that had super duper electric tesla ray gun electricity.

Why did they build them? Why did the followers help them build them?

Start here
egypt.mrdonn.org...

Things don't add up with the present archeological explanations.

Name one, with you thinking about slaves and such chances are you know very little about present archeological explanations.

The Colosseum and huge hall structures would have been easier to build and more practical.

More practical for who? A pyramid is practical for a couple reasons, staking blocks in a pyramid shape is a lot easier than building a giant square structure. Plus they were for entirely different purposes.

I'll stick to researching things and seek the truth instead of settling for the fallacies that are presently taught to us.

I would bet that you have no idea what is "taught" to people on the subject. I would venture to say that you get most of your ideas of what "established scholars" think through fringe theory websites.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Most of what I was taught about the pyramids forty years ago has changed. I have read many articles on all sides of all controversies I could find in the past few years and have watched many videos from different perspectives. Much of what we think we know of the pyramids and is considered as accepted by the sciences studying them presently will be changed in another 40 years. Evidence is discounted everyday, thrown to the side like trash if it does not fit the present view of accepted reality. I very well understand the structure of power of the discipline of the sciences. It is similar to other disciplines of belief based social structures.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Evidence is discounted everyday, thrown to the side like trash if it does not fit the present view of accepted reality.

Like what?

I very well understand the structure of power of the discipline of the sciences. It is similar to other disciplines of belief based social structures.

Not really, science is made through study and verification to simplify it. Someone comes up with an idea, if it works it gets it gets tested by others and if it continues to hold up we are on to something. If something gets tested and does not work out it gets tossed out and promoted by fringe theorists to be the ultimate truth.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

They are buildings capable of holding more than a few people. Their existence make sense. There is no proven evidence that the pyramids were built as burial tombs.

Most tombs are not built to hold lots of live people

The interpretations of the evidence is what we are speaking about. A bunch of people agreed the present belief is true, they are conditioned to believe this. That doesn't make it real, it doesn't make it unreal. It is just that many people believe in a theory.

All the ancient writers believed it was a tomb, the AE glyph for a tomb is a pyramid, its built in a necropolis, they built morturary temples next to it, etc

I also believe that some of the pyramids are much older than what they say. Some Pharaoh may have written they built it to take credit for it or just restored what was there. They could have removed old stones and replaced them with their own.

There is no evidence for their being older nor of a culture with the organization to build them being in the Nile valley. You may wish to look at neolithic Egypt and the cultures that were there.....so to dim to build the pyramids but able to repair it eh? lol

Good luck in your search

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I very well understand the structure of power of the discipline of the sciences.

I would respond that based on your comments, you do not

edit on 3/4/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Wrong poster

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
although there is a lot about the pyramids we don't understand, I'm not so sure of this.

There needs to be more evidence of energy usage first.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Wrong poster

Thanks, corrected

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I said I understand it, I didn't say I agreed with it

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I said I understand it, I didn't say I agreed with it

Much of what we think we know of the pyramids and is considered as accepted by the sciences studying them presently will be changed in another 40 years.

Perhaps but how much has changed since 1960? Not that much in regards to the pyramds being tombs, just more evidence to support what the AE themselves said about them.

Evidence is discounted everyday, thrown to the side like trash if it does not fit the present view of accepted reality

No it isn't, that's pure fringe fantasy - if that was true why is there a constant stream of changes, new discoveries and overturning of existing theories?
edit on 3/4/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
... science is made through study and verification to simplify it. Someone comes up with an idea, if it works it gets it gets tested by others and if it continues to hold up we are on to something. If something gets tested and does not work out it gets tossed out and promoted by fringe theorists to be the ultimate truth.

actually it is more like this today:
www.psysr.org...

especially in these two areas of symptoms:

7. Illusion of unanimity – The majority view and judgments are assumed to be unanimous.
8. Self-appointed ‘mindguards’ – Members protect the group and the leader from information that is problematic or contradictory to the group’s cohesiveness, view, and/or decisions.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
No it isn't, that's pure fringe fantasy - if that was true why is there a constant stream of changes, new discoveries and overturning of existing theories?

spit my coffee out on that one! thanks for the laugh

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I will prove how the Egyptians didn't build the Great Pyramid, at least according to the Egyptologist theory and the 20 yr timeline.

The current theory (which wasn't even tested, but we'll put that fact aside for now) of how they moved the giant blocks the Nile is they tied 2 barges together and carried them on the middle, so that’s 200 men per block (100 men per vessel).

The journey was 500 miles from Aswan to the build site and the ships average speed was around 4 knots (4.5 MPH). 500 miles / 4.5 mph = 142 hours. Now we’ll calculate the 2 min interval (the statistical estimate for how often a stone must have been laid given the 20 yr period). 142 hr x 60m = 8,520 mins / 2 min = 4,260 ships and 852,000 men. Now multiply that by 2 since you'd need ships going both directions at the same time in order to maintain constant flow = 8,520 ships, 1,704,000 men.... That's how many people (only the sailors) are needed in order to have a constant supply of stones brought onto the build site every 2 mins for 20 years.

Not only is that more ships than what the Egyptians had wood for, but that's more people than were in Egypt. Also, apparently not even 1/1,800,000 people decided to record ANYTHING about the Great Pyramid's construction for those 20 years too? And none of their children decided to record anything that their parents supposedly did either?

Sorry. Egyptologists lost this one on the grounds of physical impossibility. We really don't know who built the Great Pyramid or any other structure that has no construction records.
edit on 4-4-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
I will prove how the Egyptians didn't build the Great Pyramid, at least according to the Egyptologist theory and the 20 yr timeline.

The current theory (which wasn't even tested, but we'll put that fact aside for now) of how they moved the giant blocks the Nile is they tied 2 barges together and carried them on the middle, so that’s 200 men per block (100 men per vessel).

The journey was 500 miles from Aswan to the build site and the ships average speed was around 4 knots (4.5 MPH). 500 miles / 4.5 mph = 142 hours. Now we’ll calculate the 2 min interval (the statistical estimate for how often a stone must have been laid given the 20 yr period). 142 hr x 60m = 8,520 mins / 2 min = 4,260 ships and 852,000 men. Now multiply that by 2 since you'd need ships going both directions at the same time in order to maintain constant flow = 8,520 ships, 1,704,000 men.... That's how many people (only the sailors) are needed in order to have a constant supply of stones brought onto the build site every 2 mins for 20 years.

Not only is that more ships than what the Egyptians had wood for, but that's more people than were in Egypt. Also, apparently not even 1/1,800,000 people decided to record ANYTHING about the Great Pyramid's construction for those 20 years too? And none of their children decided to record anything that their parents supposedly did either?

Sorry. Egyptologists lost this one on the grounds of physical impossibility. We really don't know who built the Great Pyramid or any other structure that has no construction records.
edit on 4-4-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

LOL, thanks man for the laugh, oh wait your serious~!

They only brought granite from Aswan, the vast majority of the building material came from the limestone quarries located here:

Giza quarries

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

1.You should have called them electric alien quarries.
2.You should have said that mainstream egyptologists are trying to cover it up

Then they would believe you.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

I know their eyes just glaze over when you mention this impossibility and then they change the subject

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

even if the stones popped up out of a toaster they wouldn't be able to do it in that time frame. Are you saying that because they may have gotten some of the stones from this spot they saved themselves a few minutes? so we're talking more like two hours to quarry shape transport and install each block? still impossible

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join