It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Co & Lenders Bribe Homeowners to Drill/Frack over 4,000+ Gas/Oil Wells in Backyards!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Extremely informative news piece for 5 mins... who'd a thunk this is going on in more and more desperate people's backyards - being used by the oil and gas utility companies looking to exploit the ground beneath the roof over these families' heads... already over 4,000 of these gas/oil well mini 'rigs' are installed in residential properties nationwide.... with a flood of reports of people getting sick from toxins, carcinogens released into the air and even their water - no wonder seems like everyone's getting CANCER These days

There is also the grave danger of the breach of the drilling huge deep thousands of holes in the earth and the millions of gallons of waste water pumped into the Earth by fracking drills, that may be destabilizing the crust below America, causing clusters of man-made quakes - example Arkansas man-made quakes and New Madrid drilling.fracking/flooding. Another example West Virginia which has had slew of fracking operations, saw eight minor suspect man-made quakes in 2010 alone.

edit on 31-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 31 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed WTFrack? from title

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is Obama's fault for shutting down drilling on public lands.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

To be fair....I think it was Clinton who declared huge tracts of the Western states new or expanded national parks or other protected categories. Bush sure didn't reverse the bad decisions and negative trend. He was in the Saudi's back pocket. This President just hates us outright.

All in all, I'd say there is plenty of blame to fit the various agendas that brought us here. Now..how do folks work together to stop this madness of shattering our bedrock into dust then pressure shocking the whole structure with a cocktail of toxic soup? If the damage they do in this were visible to the public in the open air and light of day, people would be talking criminal charges. I have little doubt.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Its easy solution, just burn the rig, make sure you get the house insured first, there you go, more power, literally.
2nd line

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Thank you for posting this!

She gave a great explanation of what the complaint is with this drilling process.

When I was watching this I actually jerked back and said "wow" when he lit the water in that jug on fire!!!!!!!
It might have been the fumes but even so that blew me away!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
Its easy solution, just burn the rig, make sure you get the house insured first, there you go, more power, literally.
2nd line

Rig what.

All you would have to do is fill the bathtub with water and toss a match!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

The public lands belong to ALL Americans, not just for the benefit of corporations to extract what they want, make big profits, and then bail out leaving an ecological mess for us, our kids, and future generations to deal with.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

OP you, as well as others, may very well be interested in this thread here on ATS

LINK

It deals with a swarm of earthquakes that is occurring in Arkansas, and began soon after large scale fracking began in the area of the New Madrid Fault. The OP of that thread, Robin Marks, as well as others, did some serious research into fracking.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

OP you, as well as others, may very well be interested in this thread here on ATS

LINK

It deals with a swarm of earthquakes that is occurring in Arkansas, and began soon after large scale fracking began in the area of the New Madrid Fault. The OP of that thread, Robin Marks, as well as others, did some serious research into fracking.

OMG thx for the link these fracking greedy oil/gas utility companies are ruthless vultures!

to be drilling up desperate peoples' yards even in know major faults ie New Madrid.

who are they kidding with the charismatic but empty PR:

the real truth:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
who are they kidding with the charismatic but empty PR:

Quite a few sadly, still even as witnessed by this thread. I'm from PA and I can't tell you how many idiots at home believed that when the oil companies came to frack PA that the whole state would benefit. It's rather pathetic at this stage of the game, in my view. Do we really expect oil companies, private corporations, to really respect the environment and give us a cut of the profit? Uhhhhhh, no. I just read that doctors are allowed to see the "ingredients" to the fracking slurry, if they have a patient presenting symptoms, but must sign a non-disclosure contract! I'd like to know how a doctor is supposed to know they are presenting symptoms of toxicity from one or more of the chemicals when those chemicals aren't even known by the public. Usually, you have to know the disease or chemical to know what symptoms it presents. That knowledge allows doctors to diagnose based on symptoms. How would a doctor know a person is being sickened by fracking, with the obvious exception of said person living near fracking wells.

P.S. I don't care about your public land, but my public land is for the public. It isn't for private corporations to rape, pillage, and destroy all for their own profit nor anyone else's profit. We have given business too much for far too little in return, for far too long. I suppose people who think like that also think our states get a cut of the fracking profits. (.000000001% doesn't cut it.) Reminds me of Palin and her drill, baby, drill, mindless mantra. Deepwater horizon worked out great. How about instead of oil rigs drilling 5 mi deep hundreds of miles out, where they can't repair damaged wells, we install wave generators along the coast. Much less of an impact than fossil fuel drilling has had on our environment, and still is having to this day. Amazing to me, that people can be so naive to support such destructive and financially lucrative lying machines that are fossil fuel corporations in this day in age and after soooooooo much pollution. To be so naive after Gasland, and personal homeowners own reports, multiple investigations, the FACT they cause earthquakes, the massive PR campaign by the nat gas corporations, and the continued fight to keep the proprietary "ingredients" to the solution they use an absolute secret in the face of public health issues. Keep whoring yourself out America, to private corporate interests. It's worked so good for you these last 100 years. Who bought congress? Oh right, that's just free speech.

top topics

join