It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know God exists for a fact now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by boncho

Absolutely not just very very unlikely. But I have connected the dots the more I have shunned God the worse things got for me and then when I opened my eyes it all changed, some will say it is just a co-incidence but the way it transpired I know it wasn't but it is up to you to make your own mind up.

How exactly do you "shun God"?

Is your family religious? Were you shunning them as well? Were you shunning all social interactions? Or was it just with God?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You shun God by insisting that it would be a joke for a God to exist and that science is the only thing to believe in.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

never stop searching for the truth... you are a truth seeker!

and you know what the 'Eyes of the Nile' are right?

they are opening again! ...it is every free persons duty to not let it happen.

edit on 31-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
You know what I don't get? Christians say God doesn't hear or respond to prayers of non Christians, but he does. How do you explain that?

because 'god' does not belong to the christians alone.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have to admit that I have never come across the eyes of the nile before. I am also not sure what Israel has to do with this,God does not do borders in my opinion. God favours no nation, God loves everybody the same even those who do not believe.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

You know what I don't get? Christians say God doesn't hear or respond to prayers of non Christians, but he does. How do you explain that?

Correct, I know a devout Muslim who believes in Jesus just in a slightly different way. I do not for one minute think that it matters how you believe in God just as long as you act in a way that would please God and make others happy too.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Wait one second windword, I have not said that I believe in the Bible or Christianity. That is not true, I think man has had his grubby mits on those and spoilt them. However believing in a God does not mean you have to believe everything that you are told about God. Make your own mind up and you can see the good in people who are good, wether they believe in the organised religions or not.

I never called you a Christian. It's true that your post only referred to God. But, I have a problem with the personification of god as being a guy who listens to one's prayers, but not another's; a god who keeps score of likes and dislikes and gives karmic credit cards out to the believers.

I have a problem with your encouraging others to preach of this god to unbelievers, but, my comments about Christians were directed at Lionhearte, who's avatar is a CROSS.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

everyone is God's chosen people... I believe the Christians know this.

edit on 31-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You are very correct to question things like this, I think everybody finds their own path eventually and we don't all take the same path. I think the most important thing is to make sure you don't hurt people and you try your hardest to make other peoples lives better. If you do this I do not think it matters a jot wether you believe in God or not, I do not think God is that vain to expect so.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

for a fact
Bold claim

You just have to believe me
Weak delivery

Corrected the quote
edit on 31-3-2012 by notquiteright because: correction

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright

for a fact
Bold claim

You'll just have to trust me
Weak delivery

Well I know for a fact, and the trust is open ended you choose to believe or you don't. Simple.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

You shun God by insisting that it would be a joke for a God to exist and that science is the only thing to believe in.

Huh? Belief in Science?

Where does science negate the possibility of God or a creator? It doesn't. It may challenge some of the twisted and whacky things that have been written by man proclaimed to be the word of God. But there is no science that limits the possibility of a creator or architect.

After all, even I am kinda godly...

edit on 31-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

Huh? Belief in Science?

Where does science negate the possibility of God or a creator? It doesn't. It may challenge some of the twisted and whacky things that have been written by man proclaimed to be the word of God. But there is no science that limits the possibility of a creator or architect.

Unless you choose to believe that we are an accident of Science like I did.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I believe in the science of evolution... alot of the populous is already speaking English in Saudi Arabia, it's the international language of business.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Huh?

Explain how we are an "accident of Science." and how that limits the possibility of a God.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Huh?

Explain how we are an "accident of Science." and how that limits the possibility of a God.

I don't need to it is irrelevant all you need to know is that I believed in everything but God until recently and my life was not pleasant.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by boncho

I believe in the science of evolution... alot of the populous is already speaking English in Saudi Arabia, it's the international language of business.

Evolution doesn't limit the possibility of a God or a creator. Although it doesn't prove it either. About the only thing evolution destroys, is the unrealistic tales jotted down in Religious books. Religious texts do not account for a number of scientific observations. And in that, they are trumped.

On the other hand, there is no reason why some other religious fact could be presented ten years or a million years from now depending on the understanding of our existence.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I don't need to it is irrelevant all you need to know is that I believed in everything but God until recently and my life was not pleasant.

That's fine, I'm just trying to get at the rationale behind all this. My question, is do you believe in dinosaurs? And has that belief affected your life?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I believe in dinosours, I also believe in life else where in the universe. I pay no attention to religious scriptures, I think believing in God does not require this. God is whatever you make god to be.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I believe in dinosours, I also believe in life else where in the universe. I pay no attention to religious scriptures, I think believing in God does not require this. God is whatever you make god to be.

Yet you say:

I am off to Sunday service tomorrow and I will thank God for their help

You are still going to organized religious events by people who believe ancient texts written by others are the word of God.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join