It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does in God’s image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Take that up with the Greek writers who used the past perfect imperative for "justified' and "saved" . . .
Can you give some examples?

Now you see why I try to refrain from talking about the act of Justification by saying "saved" or "salvation", it confuses the crap out of people.
I would guess you just can not make the case to support your position. So you do not attempt an argument, but still continue to describe yourself and others as being "saved" all the while knowing there is no biblical justification to support the usage of the word.
edit on 12-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

None of the verses talk about something that happens after we die Jm.

So? What does that prove?
You are the one grasping at straws, since there is no verses that talk about people being called "saved" while they are still alive. You use the word, regardless, because it fits your theory of salvation that once a person indicates a willingness to claim their salvation, then from that point on, they are not capable of not being saved.
To support your theory, in this new strategy of yours to jump to another word, justified, you still need to do the same thing, which is to show that the word is applied to mean that once the word justified is applied to a person, then he is no longer held to any standard of conduct to remain in that condition.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Take that up with the Greek writers who used the past perfect imperative for "justified' and "saved" . . .
Can you give some examples?

Now you see why I try to refrain from talking about the act of Justification by saying "saved" or "salvation", it confuses the crap out of people.
I would guess you just can not make the case to support your position. So you do not attempt an argument, but still continue to describe yourself and others as being "saved" all the while knowing there is no biblical justification to support the usage of the word.

Nope, I'm not wasting my time anymore, you won't read/reflect/respond anyways. You cannot disciple someone who does not want to be discipled, and likewise you cannot prevent someone from being discipled who wants to be discipled.

I have no more pearls for you.

edit on 12-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Not much other than you're wrong. We are justified on Earth, not in heaven after a judgment for rewards. They are terms in the past perfect. Done deal, over with, we are justified in Christ.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Not much other than you're wrong. We are justified on Earth, not in heaven after a judgment for rewards. They are terms in the past perfect. Done deal, over with, we are justified in Christ.

Get your ticket then for the line on the right.
That is the one for those pathetic ones who will try to profit from an immoral human sacrifice.
It leads to heel.
Even the saved, LOL, like you will not escape Satan.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Get your ticket then for the line on the right.
That is the one for those pathetic ones who will try to profit from an immoral human sacrifice.
It leads to heel.
Even the saved, LOL, like you will not escape Satan.

Regards
DL

Get in line for people wanting to be my enemy, but let me warn you, that's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong line, I suggest the friend line, there are only like 2 people in that one, you can talk to me a lot sooner.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

We are justified on Earth.

Hey! What happened to your righteousness as filthy rags argument?

Romans 8:30
And those he predestined, he also called; and those he called, he also justified; and those he justified, he also glorified.

Cool, then according to you, we can be glorified in this life!
OK, then based on your approval, I can claim to be now glorified and no longer capable of sin. Please pay homage to me and from now on, address me as, Saint JM.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Sure, I'll call you saint JM. A saint is a sinner saved by God's grace. I'm not Catholic. You are a saint in God's eyes. And Glorification is our resurrection. You haven't received a glorified body yet, at least I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

And Glorification is our resurrection. You haven't received a glorified body yet, at least I don't think so.
According to your redefined version of the word, justified, then I am also glorified.
Yippee!!
Now I see why you have this theory. In your mind, you are already in heaven, so your body on earth is now free to sin all it wants, with no possible consequences. So, for lovers of sin, it's a win/win situation, get your cake and eat it too!

This is the exact same heresy Paul is talking about in 1 Corinthians where people thought they were already glorified and could have all kinds of fornication, including sleeping with the wife of your father, and somehow it can not affect your heavenly status. That is what prompted Paul to make the statement that my thread on Works is based.
edit on 13-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

According to your redefined version of the word, justified, then I am also glorified.
Yippee!!

Since Greek and Hebrew Lexicons are all wrong you say how about you email their Lexicographers so they can "get it right"?

Let me know when that happens.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This is the exact same heresy Paul is talking about in 1 Corinthians where people thought they were already glorified and could have all kinds of fornication, including sleeping with the wife of your father, and somehow it can not affect your heavenly status.

That idiotic idea is pretty easy to refute with Romans and James. Those people aren't saved if they think they can go right back to the vomit with a fork and knife.

This is elementary Christianity.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

We are justified on Earth.

Hey! What happened to your righteousness as filthy rags argument?

Romans 8:30
And those he predestined, he also called; and those he called, he also justified; and those he justified, he also glorified.

Cool, then according to you, we can be glorified in this life!
OK, then based on your approval, I can claim to be now glorified and no longer capable of sin. Please pay homage to me and from now on, address me as, Saint JM.

You are out of context don't cha know.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
From my understanding, we have the general characteristics or possibly the shape of God, the same as inherited characteristics like a parent passes to child, except we are the "clay" model of a spirit being. The bible also refers to people having a child "in their image", an example:

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.
Genesis 5:3

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TZela

Eve proclaimed, 'Now I have created a man, just like The Lord did!'

I don't think the gods created people any more than they created the universe. They took what they found in the universe and made habitable environments where people could live, where we naturally have material bodies with physical requirements for life. Where the gods do not, so can do things within a normally uninhabitable environment to where eventually it is, and continue to live during that process.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TZela
From my understanding, we have the general characteristics or possibly the shape of God, the same as inherited characteristics like a parent passes to child, except we are the "clay" model of a spirit being. The bible also refers to people having a child "in their image", an example:

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.
Genesis 5:3

What is God doing with human parts. Legs and arms for instance. He does not walk from the beginning because there was nothing to walk on. Nothing to lift either so why arms?

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I think it means the general shape and form of God. You can find references throughout the bible to God also having a face, eyes, voice, etc. but not in flesh form. But who knows that God cannot walk or lift within the dimension that he occupies? I like the following scripture that describes the size of God in relation to the earth.

Isaiah 66:1 “ This is what the LORD says:
“Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me?
Where will my resting place be?”

Now find a basketball and sit down and rest your feet on it and pretend it is earth and you represent the size of God. I think that might explain why Exodus 33:20 says, “And He said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.”

I imagine people would either drop dead from a heart attack to see an actual face fill the sky or kill themselves trying to get away!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Quite the foolish imagination for an adult.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

reply to post by TZela

where did you read that?

Eve was brought forth out of man... something men do not have. She was fashioned from man to make man more complete. (voice of conscience)

btw: on histories stage, she for the first time since Jesus stood up and held back the stones from being cast... well for the first time Eve truly has liberty and independence in my country atleast.

-------------

that something men do not have or had very little specially in Biblical times is compassion, and the ability to create... but only with the presence of Adams seed... it's a mutual thing where the parents together become creators (that is if they live in and by the Word) when they do not live by the word it has a tendency to create some evil humans... and it has! (divorce, adultery. smoking while pregnant which I seen this morning!) this is not Love for the unborn in the womb nor for the newly created light and blank slate which is brought into the world.

we're all born of the light but somehow into sin...

edit on 26-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Eve has freewill, but that apple... from that old serpent, is a tricky thing...

in my opinion of course

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

reply to post by TZela

where did you read that?

Eve was brought forth out of man... something men do not have. She was fashioned from man to make man more complete. (voice of conscience)

btw: on histories stage, she for the first time since Jesus stood up and held back the stones from being cast... well for the first time Eve truly has liberty and independence in my country atleast.

-------------

that something men do not have or had very little specially in Biblical times is compassion, and the ability to create... but only with the presence of Adams seed... it's a mutual thing where the parents together become creators (that is if they live in and by the Word) when they do not live by the word it has a tendency to create some evil humans... and it has! (divorce, adultery. smoking while pregnant which I seen this morning!) this is not Love for the unborn in the womb nor for the newly created light and blank slate which is brought into the world.

we're all born of the light but somehow into sin...

edit on 26-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

You forget that Eve came after Lilith did not kowtow enough to man.

Read Genesis 1. That is Lilith's birth. Eve does not come in till genesis 2.

Christianity made sure that woman was always number 2 and not in any way man's equal.
Quite discgusting and unjust but then, what should we expect from a religion built on human sacrifice. An immoral concept.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join