It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does in God’s image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Buddha1098

Yeah, you missed the interview with one of the world's leading fossil reconstructionists. He has a human femur bone that is 47 inches long in his museum. Whenever giant skeletons are discovered they are quickly whisked away and hidden from public view. Can't have anything that shatters evolution theory now can we?

edit on 2-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

What B S.

Any scientist who came up with any such thing would be looking at a Nobel Prize and the millions that come with it.

Ya. He will just sit back and let a museum bury his millions.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Do pregnant women look forward to their day of delivery because they enjoy the excruciating pain or is it a necessary thing to go through so they can finally hold their child in their arms?
There is a place in the NT about birth pains :

these things are the beginning of birth pains.
“Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you. You will be hated by all the nations because of my name. . . . But the person who endures to the end will be saved. . . . and then the end will come.

I edited out some parts but essentially, you have the beginning, then stuff during, then the end. I don't notice among those something about everybody dies in a huge blood bath.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

There is a place in the NT about birth pains :

these things are the beginning of birth pains.
“Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you. You will be hated by all the nations because of my name. . . . But the person who endures to the end will be saved. . . . and then the end will come.

I edited out some parts but essentially, you have the beginning, then stuff during, then the end. I don't notice among those something about everybody dies in a huge blood bath.

There is a place in the OT about beginnings:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

See, I can do the same thing. Totally ignore what you said and focus and address something completely irrelevant from your post.

You missed the point of the metaphor. We don't look forward to His return because there will be death accompanying it, we look forward to it because our Lord and Savior will return and we can finally be where He is forever.

When Jesus announced His ministry in Nazareth right before the Jews tried to throw Him off the cliff He only said the first part of that prophecy was fulfilled in their eyes, He stopped at a comma in the OT verse, what is the part He left out that was yet to be fulfilled?

We are currently in a parenthetical period of time between the two which we call the church age. Something Paul says was hidden from the OT prophets.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Any scientist who came up with any such thing would be looking at a Nobel Prize and the millions that come with it.

Pay attention to history. The only people who get Nobel Prizes or even nominated for them are mass murders like Hitler, or do nothings like Obama or someone who invents atomic weapons. People that actually deserve them do not get them

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

He is not forcing us to love him but he is forcing us to die.

Wrong. He gave you a way out of eternal death, you just refuse to accept it. Your blood is on your own head. Your death is your own choice. In all things he gives man a choice, people just don't pick the right choices. Don't blame him for your failures. Thats like missing the public transportation to work because you failed to leave early enough to make it to the bustop on time, and then blaming the driver for leaving you behind. It's all your fault and yours alone and no one else is going to pay for it but you, because you have been told how to get out of your own destruction, yet you refuse. You have no excuse.
edit on 2-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Pay attention to history. The only people who get Nobel Prizes or even nominated for them are mass murders like Hitler, or do nothings like Obama or someone who invents atomic weapons. People that actually deserve them do not get them

You forgot that great man of peace Yassir Arafat.

The Nobel Prize is a propaganda dog and pony show. Barry Setterfield was mocked ridiculously for discovering the speed of light isn't a constant and is in fact slowing down, and he didn't win anything. Finally Physicists are beginning to acknowledge that is true and still don't have the gonads to give Setterfield his credit because he's a "stupid Creationist".

In today's world the freedom to challenge the golden calves of Evolution is basically the freedom to commit career suicide and immediately have one's funding cancelled.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You missed the point of the metaphor.
No I didn't. I just don't agree with your cult's interpretation of it, since yours makes no sense and you can't even describe it.

. . . and we can finally be where He is forever.
Jesus said, "lo, I am with you always".
If you are not with Jesus now, future events are not going to change that.

He stopped at a comma in the OT verse, what is the part He left out that was yet to be fulfilled?
This is witchcraft you learned from the sorcerer, John Nelson Darby. There was no comma, that was a later invention. Jesus did not read a straight version of a single text but jumped around between chapters and even books from the Prophets.
edit on 2-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Here we go again...

When you have no response label your opponent a dirty name. That's poisoning the well. Then if that fails invoke some dude from the 19th century that nobody cares about, that's the "guilt by association" fallacy. I'll tell you the part Christ didn't say was fulfilled yet:

"and the day of vengeance of our God"

Check out Joel chapter 3 sometime. Tell me when all that was fulfilled if it's not yet future.

edit on 3-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

When you have no response label your opponent a dirty name.

Your statement reveals you attitude of approach to others.
I have no idea what you are talking about and I have to think it is just your love for taking the role of martyr.

That's poisoning the well.
What you are doing is evasion, coming up with an excuse for why you claim that I am "missing" the point, while you are incapable yourself to demonstrate you get the point yourself, and that you are not just repeating something you heard on a YouTube video.

Then if that fails invoke some dude from the 19th century that nobody cares about, that's the "guilt by association" fallacy.
This is just demonstrating how you have never looked at where your cult belief came from, and just blindly accept whatever your cult leader's video tells you to believe.

I'll tell you the part Christ didn't say was fulfilled yet:

"and the day of vengeance of our God"

Check out Joel chapter 3 sometime. Tell me when all that was fulfilled if it's not yet future.
You can not demonstrate how your use of the word "yet" fits into the rest of the statement.
Despite what you may believe, Jesus is not under obligation to fulfill prophecy according to your personal interpretation. Jesus was quite able to pick out the verses that pertained to himself, as distinguishing his role from some other person's. The fact that Jesus did not read all of a verse means nothing since, just as there were no commas back then, there was not verse numbers then either.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

When you have no response label your opponent a dirty name.

Your statement reveals you attitude of approach to others.
I have no idea what you are talking about and I have to think it is just your love for taking the role of martyr.

"Cult."

What you are doing is evasion, coming up with an excuse for why you claim that I am "missing" the point, while you are incapable yourself to demonstrate you get the point yourself, and that you are not just repeating something you heard on a YouTube video.

No, when you attack someone instead of address what they say that's an ad hominem argument, specifically it's of the "poisoning the well" variety:

Description of Poisoning the Well

This sort of "reasoning" involves trying to discredit what a person might later claim by presenting unfavorable information (be it true or false) about the person. This "argument" has the following form:

1. Unfavorable information (be it true or false) about person A is presented.
2. Therefore any claims person A makes will be false.

This sort of "reasoning" is obviously fallacious. The person making such an attack is hoping that the unfavorable information will bias listeners against the person in question and hence that they will reject any claims he might make. However, merely presenting unfavorable information about a person (even if it is true) hardly counts as evidence against the claims he/she might make. This is especially clear when Poisoning the Well is looked at as a form of ad Homimem in which the attack is made prior to the person even making the claim or claims. The following example clearly shows that this sort of "reasoning" is quite poor.

"Poisoning the Well" Fallacy.

This is just demonstrating how you have never looked at where your cult belief came from, and just blindly accept whatever your cult leader's video tells you to believe.

There's "cult" again. It's an attack, a very poor one, but one nonetheless.

I highly doubt John Darby wrote the OT, the NT, or made a single youtube video. Youtube is a platform for PEOPLE to present information. Nothing more. The issue is one of hermeneutics, or one's theory of interpretation they use to interpret the scripture. Some people have a very low view of hermeneutics and will tend to allegorize most things. Other people have a high view of hermeneutics and look at things literally.

That's it. I have a literal interpretation of scriptures, so when Paul hammers away for 3 chapters in Romans that God isn't finished with the Jews and Israel has a prophetic future, then that's my theology on that subject, Israel will have a prophetic future and God isn't finished with them. When Jesus and Paul say Israel's blindness isn't infinite, that it will be lifted that's my theology on that subject and I believe that.

It's merely an issue of hermeneutics, some people allegorize much of scripture, others do not. I do not, many people do not. Now of course that isn't a denial that the Holy Spirit uses literary devices to hammer a story or point home, but mostly it's literal. Example: Joel chapter 3, Romans 9, 10, & 11.

The huge problem with allegorization is it's a license to invent. THAT sir is how cults are formed, when Jonestown was cleaned up not a SINGLE Bible was found anywhere on the campground.

In religious studies and social philosophy, hermeneutics (English pronunciation: /hɜrməˈn(j)uːtɨks/) is the study of the theory and practice of interpretation..

Hermaneutics.

You can not demonstrate how your use of the word "yet" fits into the rest of the statement.
Despite what you may believe, Jesus is not under obligation to fulfill prophecy according to your personal interpretation. Jesus was quite able to pick out the verses that pertained to himself, as distinguishing his role from some other person's. The fact that Jesus did not read all of a verse means nothing since, just as there were no commas back then, there was not verse numbers then either.

Okay forget the comma, you love to focus on irrelevant portions of people's posts. What portion of the prophecy did Christ not speak to the people when He finished by rolling up the scroll and saying was fulfilled there in their eyes? When was Joel chapter 3 fulfilled? Christ said not one yot or tittle would be unfulfilled.

So detail the past fulfillment of Joel chapter 3 and I'll agree with you.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

"Cult."
So you equate my mention of the word cult with calling you a dirty word!
That is laughable.
So, I suppose that as far as you are concerned, there is no such thing as a cult and anyone using that word is just a hater.
I think you are in a state of denial where you automatically believe whatever you believe must be true and only other people can be possibly deceived.

No, when you attack someone instead of address what they say that's an ad hominem argument, specifically it's of the "poisoning the well" variety:
This is a good demonstration by you of why you are unqualified to speak for Christians since you have no Christian spirit inside you, and have only taken on the outward trappings of the religion. Again, you go to your default mode which is to assume the position of the martyr, where everyone else's actions are judged as attacks while yours are given God's seal of approval for justly dispensing curses upon others who you find not in agreement with your own personal interpretation of scripture. Again, this is pathological anti-social behavior and should be a warning to you that you are unqualified to present the public face of Christianity and can only serve to drive people away from Christ by your anti-christian representation of what Christians are like.

That's it.
You have failed to demonstrate how the hypothetical subject of your diatribe applies to me so all your argumentation is baseless, and so, pointless, and a waste of finger pressure on your keys.

. . . Paul hammers away for 3 chapters . . .
This is apparently a favorite saying of yours because you repeat it often, but have so far failed to ever describe how Paul supposedly goes about this task of "hammering".

Okay forget the comma
What the reader should take away from this is how this is a demonstration of how you repeat themes you obviously did not come up on your own, and in fact have never even spent any time thinking about, but just absorb it in as does any cult member, trusting in your cult leader to provide "the word of God" to you.

you love to focus on irrelevant portions of people's posts.
Because this is the dominant characteristic of your posts, so needs to be addressed, this tendency to mimic your videos without even understanding what they are talking about, or ever doing any serious research yourself. What this does is create this illusion about yourself and all the information you think you know, which in your mind makes you believe that you should be on a forum denouncing everyone who does not comply with your assimilated positions on things.

So detail the past fulfillment of Joel chapter 3 and I'll agree with you.
Obviously you have the internet, otherwise you would not be able to be posting on this forum, I would suggest making use of it and to access some mainstream Christian commentary and there are PDF's available for free download from theological journals, and there are books that can be purchased from sites like Amazon.
I already told you the one important thing to take into consideration concerning this passage in Mathew, which is that Jesus did not just start at one point and then read straight through until he came to another point to decide where to stop. He skipped around and even paraphrased in a way to come up with an interpretation of his role as the coming of The Lord.
The fact that there are other parts he did not read, that you are licking your lips in anticipation of, as interpreted by your cult leader, means nothing when it comes to God, since he is the ultimate judge, and not you, and not your cult, no matter how many people belong to it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Okay, you basically addressed nothing I said. You and I have the same Bible, (well not really, you reject half the books in the Bible as illegitimate, but I digress), we have the same Bible and have different hermeneutical approaches to interpreting it. You prefer the Alexandrian approach of allegorical interpretation, I prefer the Antiochian approach of literal interpretation.

Do you understand that? Also I never deny there are cults, there certainly are. I even referred to a legitimate one above with my "Jonestown" comment. I often refer to one of the world's leading experts on cults, false religions, and the New Age movement Dr. Ron Carlson. And finally perhaps you older folk don't speak that way, but us young crowd uses the terminology "hammers away" like some people may say "stresses the point" or something similar. And by that I mean Paul spends 3 chapters laying out his argument.

"Hammer's away" is just a figure of speech meaning "stresses intently", or "drives home the point".

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

. . . have different hermeneutical approaches to interpreting it.

You don't.
Your "approach" is to click the Play button on a YouTube video of your designated leader and then parrot his words on your posts.
It is like a "show your work" math test and you don't show your work but mysteriously have the same answers as the guy sitting next to you.
edit on 3-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . have different hermeneutical approaches to interpreting it.

You don't.
Your "approach" is to click the Play button on a YouTube video of your designated leader and then parrot his words on you posts.
It is like a "show your work" math test and you don't show your work but mysteriously have the same answers as the guy sitting next to you.

That's stupid. I'm not even commenting on that nonsense. Go back and read the wiki article on what hermeneutics is. I even copy/pasted the first sentence from that article for you in the post above. Further down in the article it details the two main theories commonly referred to as the "Alexandrian" methodology and the "Antiochian" methodology and gives example of each.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

He is not forcing us to love him but he is forcing us to die.

Wrong. He gave you a way out of eternal death, you just refuse to accept it. Your blood is on your own head. Your death is your own choice. In all things he gives man a choice, people just don't pick the right choices. Don't blame him for your failures. Thats like missing the public transportation to work because you failed to leave early enough to make it to the bustop on time, and then blaming the driver for leaving you behind. It's all your fault and yours alone and no one else is going to pay for it but you, because you have been told how to get out of your own destruction, yet you refuse. You have no excuse.
edit on 2-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Get off your knees and move away from your God.

Regards
DL
edit on 3-4-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You're looking way too far into things, when all the information you want is on the surface, in front of your eyes.

Who cares if he believes in Calvinism predestination or whatever intricacies makeup his entire theology.

He has the basic precepts of Christianity spot on.

All true Christians understand the same core concepts, though we tend to bicker and argue on the finer points.

The Holy Ghost guides us all.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

You're looking way too far into things, when all the information you want is on the surface, in front of your eyes.

Who cares if he believes in Calvinism predestination or whatever intricacies makeup his entire theology.

He has the basic precepts of Christianity spot on.

All true Christians understand the same core concepts, though we tend to bicker and argue on the finer points.

The Holy Ghost guides us all.

The Arminianists call me a Calvinist and the Calvinists call me an Arminianist. I told him in another thread he can call me a Calvinistic Arminianist or an Arminianistic Calvinist and that he can even take his pick as to which one.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join