It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every single one of you need to watch this.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Good video....not great, but good. I especially liked the quote at the very end by James Madison.

The reason I said it was a good video and not great is simple. This fellow said near the end that if we humans joined together, then WE could make a better future. This is false. Those that fought against the murderous powers that be and won, would become the new murderous, blood thirsty powers that be in less than 100 years, and we would start the whole blood bathe cycle all over again.

Humans on there own are useless, helpless, sinfully, and hopeless.

Now if the former soldier (myself as well) would have said, "WITH GOD'S HELP AND BLESSING, we can start over", then I would have said it was a great video.

But as it stands, it is just more of man trying to do good on their own. Good will to men will never take place until there is FIRST, GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST. (Luke 2:14) Until then, the best man can every hope to be without God's help, is the current powers that be.

edit on 1-4-2012 by KJV1611 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks for refreshing this memory again.

The speech that soldier made is the America I believe in, where our strength should be in our morals and ethics, in doing what is right, and with pride. In calling out wrong doings when they happen as well.

Not killing and maiming people for others to profit from.
That is Anti American and demonic.

Also, I have not clicked on nor read many of the threads on the Zimmerman case because I know it is all about divide and conquer, and am not going to fall into the MSM Elite trap.
edit on 1-4-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Now this is a video that should go viral, not some stupid war propaganda garbage like KONY 2012.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I've reacted to videos like the OP's in these forums before, but it might be worth recapitulating some of that and maybe expanding on it.

In my own very modest way I was an anti-war activist in the 1960s, attempting to get people to stop the war in Vietnam. My very, very small and limited effort in this regard consisted of passing out flyers on the campus of the University of New Brunswick in Canada. I was verbally threatened with a punch in the nose by some clown during that process, but like a lot of the sort of people who issue threats like that, this guy folded like a cheap suitcase when we were face to face.

You might be saying, this guy, ipsedixit, is from Canada, what (wtf) does this have to do with him anyway?

Well, . . . during my first year in university I took a physics course from a newly minted Phd. from Harvard, named Dr. Norman Strax. Dr. Strax was one of the best teachers I have had in my life. He is one of the two or three people in my life who made a real constructive difference to me. He taught me to think.

That doesn't sound like much, but after you have learned to do it, you make a shocking discovery. You find out that almost nobody else does.

To really understand what I am saying, one would have to know Dr. Strax. He was a man who was still a boy. He was sweet and shy with a sense of fun and a great enthusiam for physics and for life. He had done an undergraduate degree at Princeton and chuckled about how he had snuck into lectures given by Einstein, which were way beyond his academic level, simply to imbibe some of the atmosphere of a presentation by the greatest physicist since Newton.

He told us about how, as a kid, he had built a lawnmower that would mow the lawn by itself. (Antennae with mercury switches were involved.) We did interesting experiments in class, calculating the mass of the earth, using a metal ball that rolled down an incline, etc, etc. We used Einstein's famous equation (E=MCsquared) and got a course that was more fun and more current than the one given to first year engineering students.

Cutting into all of this was a relentless corrosive force. The Vietnam War and the social unrest in the United States that accompanied it.

Dr. Strax didn't really march to the tune of the military industrial complex. He was really spooked by what was going on in the States and it started to eat away at him, taking the joy out of him.

Political activism, the obligation of political activism in the circumstances, pushed Physics and academic concerns away from the center of his life, onto the periphery. He organized a couple of busloads of students from our university to go to Washington for a big demonstration in 1967. (Wikipedia article: en.wikipedia.org... )

Dr. Strax started to get into trouble with the university administration. He was too serious for them. He was too politically hip and too moral and honest. He wasn't a salaud, or "stinker", in Sartre's term for the comfortable middle class, and they were stinkers.

To make a long story short, he raised hell on campus and got thrown out of the Physics Department. There was a court case and a guy named Tom Murphy, who was president of the Student Christian Movement got thrown into jail for criticising the court judgement.

Dr. Strax eventually had what was probably a nervous breakdown and "went native". Eventually he went back to the States and got a job at a small college in the midwest and had a career and a life and a wife and some happiness before eventually dying of cancer, years later.

His fate wasn't like losing a limb in Iraq or having your home smart bombed in Afghanistan, but it wasn't what his life should have been or could have been.

Another friend, a Marine Corps deserter from Cleveland, blew his brains out in an alley in Toronto in the early 1970s. I couldn't stop it. I tried, but I didn't try hard enough. Now I am on ATS.

America has a disease.

Many Vietnam vets now realize that. Many Iraq war vets realize it. Many Afghan vets realize it.

Getting to the root causes though . . . nobody is doing that. Almost nobody. Read Jim Marrs's book, Rise of the Fourth Reich.

Germany was beaten in WW2 . . . but the Nazis weren't beaten. They shape shifted and dispersed. They had friends in America, powerful friends who had helped them before, during and after the war. Friends who shared their opinions about the value of human life and the need to dominate the globe.

These people have hoodwinked Americans and hijacked the American agenda. They have force fed Americans with stupid amusements and imaginary phantom threats.

Wake up America, please. Stop supporting slick liars.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I agree with the man in the video 100%. I served in Iraq and understand completely where he is coming from. Some of the things we were made to do over there were horrible and those of us who are not sociopaths have had enough.

This is something I've become interested in lately. If you had to make a guess, what % of those serving would you think are sociopaths or psychopaths?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Star and Flag

all that needs to be said about that
edit on 1-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II
Divide and conquer.....

I thought.... of all the people who would not fall for this tatic would be the ones who come to ATS.... yet the powers that be still pull the wool over peoples eyes....

I dont even know why all these Trayvon threads are on ATS.... it doesn't seem the place for such topics.
Right on man, another star for you dude.
Star

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

I've been out since 07 so I couldn't quite speculate on current statistics. But while I was on active duty I would say that it was 10% or less. It's just that the actions of those 10% are brought to the forefront in such a manner that it tends to condemn us all. I'm sure the numbers are higher now due to the fact that just about anyone in now either signed up post war initiation or re-uped in a post war initiation situation.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This video is both sad and powerful. I had tears in my eyes, from sorrow and from pride in the soldier who had the backbone to say what needed to be said. The truth is war serves no purpose other than to perpetuate hate and corruption in the world. With more soldiers like this young man, we may yet end the bloodshed.

Side note: The music in the video is one of my favorite songs and every time I hear it now I will think of this video. Song is Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada if anyone was wondering.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Way to appeal to people's emotions.As someone else said in another thread...if we're not there they will be here.And it's the truth.And I don't want them here.
edit on 2-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jollyjollyjolly

Toss down arms, no. Rather, we shouldn't be so quick to use them. The race card is surely rampant especially in war and even in peace; a repugnant mindset of exceptionalism intent on blinding one to the fact that we're all human and share damn near the same potential universally. However, among soldiers it's understandable, given the nature of war. We certainly shouldn't have troops running through crossfire yelling, "let's just be friends." But violence should always be the final option in negotiations. The world is what we make it, and our interactions equally so. With a mindset such as yours, which is indeed shared by many others, the failure of peace is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Compassion for anything, including peace, is like a fire. It's light and warmth could enrich the lives of many around it, but like any flame: the bigger it is desired to be, the more fuel it will require and shall require for however long it is to remain. Nothing can be expected to remain indefinitely in this world without continuous upkeep, but it starts with expanding the flame...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

You post like you are the exception to the rule. Was you born with this "epiphany" that was unknown to the rest of us? However, you do make a good point in that people realize too late how they were "manipulated" into being. Some have that epiphany earlier than others. Some never have it. I believe many realize this epiphany is a philosophical conclusion from a higher power. But to become aware requires you to turn your back to all that you were taught to believe.

Although (and hopefully) our parents raised us to do the "right" thing in all situations, worldly figures and Institutions alter our perceptions of right and wrong. Unfortunately we allow rogue elements in our society to sway our development for their selfish motives. It's always been that way. Very few if any has lived the perfect life. A perfect life that means living in a state of "Ultimate Free Determination." To live to the fullest without the interference of others. This is Man's ultimate quest and although it's impossible to achieve it completely, the Elite enjoys the closest point of it's fulfillment.

In the past when "the system" became intolerable, and "freedom" was denied, man fled to parts unknown. The Eighteenth Century pioneers in America is a good example. They felt the encroachment of others meant a detriment to their quality of life. When it became apparent their Free Determination was threatened, they chose to flee and face all dangers in their path to attain quality of life once again. Unfortunately very few free places exists today. People are locked in areas and positions not of their liking.

America was intended to be the exception to the rule in world history. The Articles of Confederation was our attempt to sever European ties and allow Free Determination in our affairs. After four hundred years we are again under strict controls from the Elite. It does not take long to become slaves again. "They" gain while we lose. They are free while we are not. We toil while they consume, etc. And now that we financed their weapons to enforce their will on us, we have few options to pursue our destinies.

We go along to get along. Our parents, feeling the pressure, tell their daughters to marry well and their sons to go along to get along as well. Any Spiritual leanings that many of us have is often ignored to so as to exist. Every day we feel a piece of our soul stripped from us. The Elite along with Religion controls Govt. in enforcing their agenda. We fight their wars for their ambitions while they ship much of the good paying jobs overseas. While they no longer need Nationalism in their quest for the New World Order, they speak of Nationalism while sending our youth to war.

Anyway you look at it, the ones who insist you grow to be a good citizen and abide by their rules, are the ones who will stop at nothing to maintain their status at your expense. Everyone fights for the crumbs and benefits so as to aid them in their criminal behavior. Corruption is at a all time high level and the country is in peril, and the poor is told it is their fault to be poor while the Elite devours the world.

Freedom only comes when good men refuse to sit idle while evil exists. That young soldier was absolutely right in his assessment of America's motives. He is like many of Americas youth by knowing the difference and it makes me proud to see our vets coming home to state the obvious.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join