It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every single one of you need to watch this.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Speaking of troops speaking up, we have the Afghan shootings involving Sgt. Bales.

Proving the op's point about what gets top billing.
Go to Google news:

Search for Treyvon and see what comes up. Quite a bit.

Then search for Sgt. Bales and note how little comes up.
Yes I smell a diversion from this Afghan massacre.
1 shooter or 20 shooters? I said shhhhhh!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
This vid made me cry. The young man speaking, Mike Prysner, is my hero for today, thank you Mike Prysner.

Ive seen this before.

It also brought tears to my eyes.
Why cant we all get a long...

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Jace26

and the Kiwis lost alot of good men fighting with Australian ANZACs and they are rarely given a mention in Australia let alone Australian high schools - my son had to remind the teacher of that fact and he was told in a manner of speaking to shut up!

But the Kiwis never fought for Australia, they fought for the British Empire just like Australia. So in that circumstance its not needed.
But in others, where one country has gone to fight for another ie, Australia has fought beside America in every war since WW2, all of which were American wars. In that circumstance Americans should acknowledge them because we fought for them.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Amazing speech, now everyone else needs to stop being cowards and take back our country by force

But i know nothing will happen... talk is cheap, and what we write here is practicly worthless.

Soon as the rest of the sheelple wake and and realize the muslims jews arabs and chinese are not our enemies, but they are people just like us.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It has all become so twisted. There seems to no longer be a consensus about what we're doing. A friend recently sent me this e-mail, and he has a point. Where is the balance? What are TPTB thinking?

"After reading the headlines about the US soldier who shot up
Afghanistan civilians, I couldn't help noticing an irony. There is
all this clamor to try this guy quickly and execute him, never mind
his having suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Yet this Major Hasan, who shot up Fort Hood while screaming Allah
akbar, still hasn’t stood trial, and they are still debating whether
he was insane, even with the clear evidence regarding his motive:
slay as many infidels as possible.
So we have a guy in a war zone who cracks, and he must be executed immediately.
But this Muslim psychiatrist who was stateside in a nice safe
office all day murders 13, wounds 29 of our own guys, and they try to
argue the poor lad suffered post-traumatic stress syndrome, from
listening to real soldiers who had actual battle experience. Two and
a half years later, they still haven’t tried the murderer."
from D.R. in Utah

Is it because of political correctness? Is justice so malleable?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree with the man in the video 100%. I served in Iraq and understand completely where he is coming from. Some of the things we were made to do over there were horrible and those of us who are not sociopaths have had enough. For those of us who were able to see through the constant brainwashing aspect of arabs are hethans being fed to us constantly, we were able to see the people as human beings. For this reason many of us are scared for life and live every day with guilt and shame.

The hardest thing for most veterans, myself included is accepting the wrongs we have committed and being able to speak up and tell the world around us that these wars are wrong. I personally have had to beatdown my pride on many occasions in order to accept the truths of these wars. I am very angry at what has been done to us. And before anyone berates me please remember. Not all of us joined after the beginning of these wars. Many of us were there at the beginning and had no choice but to carry out our duties.

There are a great many of us (disgruntled veterans) here in the states, who are lying in wait for the rest of the country to pull their heads out of their behinds, and get on board so that change may be facilitated. One thing I can tell you is that when alot of us do speak up people tend to berate us for being part of the machine without first hearing us out. It happens quite alot here on ATS as well. It is very discouraging to us in the respect that it is very difficult to overcome our own pride to be able to tell the stories of truth and of our experiences. When people come together and get behind real change I garantee that the veterans will be there to protect you and give you the support that is needed.

Some of you may find this site of interest. www.ivaw.org...
edit on 1/4/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Finally, when CIA Officers, Soviet KGB Officers and the lesser Allied agents of both were chasing each other and occasionally killing each other all over the world
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wouldn't exactly call, say, the auld SIS, the founders and basis of the CIA, lesser, given some of the atrocious assassinations and false flags that their modern MI5 and MI6 arms have been involved in.

Surprised those drug-running, whistleblower-killin' thugs never made Connery an honorary agent for portraying them in a positive light.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Watched it.

Now what?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Thank you so much for the link~I am truly sorry for your trauma.

~is still a rose

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I didn't make it to the end, I got a little bit teary.
For what it's worth, at one point my spouse was going to be a lifer in the Army and recently he withdrew from Special Forces and decided to ride out the next 2 years and then get out. He said he doesn't feel the same as he used to, and now that he has a son and family, his feelings about military lifestyle aren't positive anymore. I think he's finally waking up and I hope more people do, because it's just like quitting smoking...if you're nagged to quit, you don't really want to, but do...but for how long? but if you quit on your own terms, you're most likely to never go back.

Anyway that was my ramble-y 2 cents. S&F.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

For this reason many of us are scared for life and live every day with guilt and shame.

I would remove that burden if I could. These are only words: I can see that you have suffered the indignation of the "pride" in service and the horror of war while still remaining human. Your crisis of conscience proves that, human. Having the courage to go thru all that, see it for the truth of it and retell it here... awesome. Good job.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Great video. We are the used. We only want to care for our families and provide. There are many like us in this world, Some day we may meet, we will not fear each other. We know who the enemy is and it is not us.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

I almost didn't watch. I hate the thread titles that tell me I "need" or "have" to do anything, but........

I'm glad I did!! That is a bold statement, and an honorable soldier! What he says is 100% true, but we are enslaved in such a way as soldiers, and as a population that we cannot standup and oppose these things without significant risk or harm to ourselves. As long as the tragedies are happening 1000s of miles away, and as long as the TV is desensitizing us to the images, so that the news doesn't look significantly different than the sitcoms or movies, then we will not do a damn thing about it.

So, while I'm glad I clicked on this thread to see one man owning up to his own guilt and speaking out despite the repercussions, and I am better off and proud for having seen his courage, I am also worse off, because I already know these things, and I'm already awake, and it only hurts me in my guts to know that without significant personal sacrifice to me and my family, and without doing things I am unwilling to make my family endure, there is nothing I can do, and so I must just live my comfortable life with the guilt that if I am not part of the solution, then I am part of the problem, and atrocities are being committed on innocent families just like my own, and they are being committed with my tax money, and my votes, and on my behalf, so that I can waste half the food on my plate, and drive my Jeep to work for less money at the pumps, and I am not willing to do anything about it.

The guy in the video is a heroic individual, the rest of us suck. And if you don't think you suck, and you can't admit it to yourself, then wake up tomorrow and eat 1/4 of the food you are used to, and walk or bike to work, and refuse to pay your taxes and your mortgage and your student loans, and cancel your television subscriptions, and stop buying cheap Chinese and Im0orted crap, and stop saving a nickel by shopping at a big box, and instead shop at a coop or find a farmer or rancher in your area.

It takes far too much effort to actually be righteous, it is much simpler to just be outraged, and speak our minds, but not do a damn thing. We, the average population, the Middle Class, the worker bees, we suck, and until these things hit us at home, and force us into action, nothing will change.
edit on 1-4-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

A timeless video that speaks pure truth thanks for posting and reminding us! That is one brave Soldier right there he has more courage then most who are afraid to question their leaders and or risk the disdain of their peers.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
This vid made me cry. The young man speaking, Mike Prysner, is my hero for today, thank you Mike Prysner.

Oh God yes! I love these true souls who aren't afraid to say what needs doing.

It must be so hard for these soldiers living with these heavy hearts.
God speed on all of their recoveries..I would love to see this movement, so to speak, help them with this regard.
Thanks for the OP

edit on 1-4-2012 by mrspiggy because: typo

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Powerful stuff. This is a truth that few with accept.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"Do not let yourself fall back asleep" Wise words! I commend your op. Keep up the good work.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

And for those who think we can toss down arms and the world be a friendly place, grow up. Racism in war? Its the ultimate play of the race card.

Asleep?
Like gassed asleep by nazis?
Like drug into ditches by serbians?
Like burned in hundreds by the turks in a genocide no-one knows about?
Like starved, raped, beaten, and butchered by African warlords?
Like tortured and poisoned by japanese prior to wwII?
Like ripped apart by camels because I am a christian?
Like starved to death by your leader in cambodia?

All of the above examples tried to defend themselves, but they were unprepared for the technology and ruthlessness of their enemy and genocide resulted in EVERY case.

This worlds FAAAAR from a perfect place and you laying your weapon down makes you the first person who gets rolled. Ready for the next genocide? You cant stop it from happening. You can stop it from happening to you and your loved ones. Except the realities of this world and own up to the fact you have to fight for your piece of the pie.

Its the same whinning story I hear from ppl my age all the time about fair this and fair that.. THE WORLD IS NOT FAIR. Its up to you to level the playing field.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

WOW got guilt?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Thank you for your service. I am sure you had to endure very over the top violence. It is a position that doesn't welcome many to its ranks. Your "shame" and "guilt" are part of our country, which I am proud of to this day. I do not feel "guilt" nor "shame" for your actions, I stand for what you did. The repercussions of not having a military would be however......

It is a binary decision to have a military. Yes or No. The repercussions of that are felt on every individual of the country. You prolly disagree but I am very proud of the USA for having a very strong military. Thank you for your service. Don't think your alone. Soldiers have been recounting the horrors of wars since greek times and likely sooner. Killing is something that stays with someone forever.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join