It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Olbermann Threatens Suit Over Current TV Firing (Less than a year after joining).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Right or Wrong?

Article on Olbermann donations. I tried to find the most fair unbiased article I could. I know that's not possible - - but this one seems to have less "dramatic flair".

(CNN) -- Keith Olbermann's suspension for making political contributions to three Democratic candidates is just the latest example of the problems that come with the rise of partisan media.

In the fallout, other MSNBC personalities were also found to have given to Democratic candidates, while Media Matters uncovered the fact that more than 30 Fox News hosts and contributors had donated to conservative candidates. www.witn.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If Olbermann had been black, this never would have happened.
He would still be working at MSNBC making a fortune while spewing his hate.

What the hell has all this got to do with race now? Why are there people on ATS making every discussion into a racial hatred speech? You're being a little too obvious.

Thankfully, the racist retards are few, and the rest of us are many.

As for the actual discussion here, from what I know about Olbermann, I trust his judgment more than I do that of a washed-up, hypocritical political hack.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
As for the actual discussion here, from what I know about Olbermann, I trust his judgment more than I do that of a washed-up, hypocritical political hack.

I liked Olbermann's count down show. Beyond that I haven't really followed him.

I can't really fault a man for going after what he wants - - and wanting it the way he wants.

This seems like a good article:

He did not solve the miserable ratings math at Current — as my colleague Brian Stelter pointed out, in his 40 weeks on Current TV, he had an average of 177,000 viewers at 8 p.m., a shadow of his former incarnation at MSNBC where he drew a million-plus people a night.

That’s not all his fault. Anybody who has watched the Keith-less version of Current could understand why they wanted him so badly in the first place. Beset by technical problems that had Mr. Olbermann broadcasting his show with a black backdrop in a kind of hostage/protest motif, Current was not and is not ready for prime time.mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com...#

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes, this shouldn't have anything to do with race but the real truth is, everything under the sun now has to do with race.
If you look at a person wrong, it is because of race.
If you say something wrong, it's because of race.
If the have nots can't be successful, it's because if race.

I don't know where you've been but it's a subliminal the MSM keep forcing upon us and the "retards" are the ones that don't, can't or refuse to see it.
And it's gonna get much worse in the coming months, so I suggest you objectively keep your eyes open.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Olbermann is an O-bot propagandist and a complete YUTZ.
I wouldn't believe ANYTHING that he has to say. He's a waste of airtime.
He and Rush and Shultz and Coulter ... all the same ....
(side note .. can't stand his glasses ...
)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Anyone is free to donate to whomever they want. However media outlets have policies in place for how donations occur specifically to avoid conflict of interest and violating election / campaign finance laws. It helps prevent an overall appearence that an on air personality is pulling for one side and is using their position to further that one candidate.

If the info is not disclosed and there are no rules in place to prevent that, it would be easy for a media outlet to be sued for providing an "illegal campaign contribution". By supporting one party it can be seen as a conflict if the same coverage / air time is not provided to any other candidates.

Its one of the main reason the policies and disclosure requirements are in place.

As far as Olbermann goes here is some more info coming out from the Gore side -
Yahoo news
edit on 1-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Ignorance really is bliss, hmm?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Annee

Anyone is free to donate to whomever they want. However media outlets have policies in place for how donations occur specifically to avoid conflict of interest and violating election / campaign finance laws. It helps prevent an overall appearence that an on air personality is pulling for one side and is using their position to further that one candidate.

Uh yeah - - I read several articles before I chose the one I did for posting.

I didn't want an article that was only focused on Olbermann - - because I did not feel he should be singled out when others do the same thing.

How things like this are handled depends on your boss. Your boss can put a positive spin on anything or a negative spin on anything if they are trying to get rid of you.

If I had more time I would research how Current TV handled other situations - - hires and fires. Nothing is ever one sided.

I am not supporting Olbermann - - I'm not blaming him either - - as I don't have all the facts.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I was referring to the issues Olbermann had MSNBC before leaving for Current TV. Its not up to their boss to the extent of being able to ignore it. Its part of campaign laws and they are present for a reason.

As far as Olbermann goes its kind of difficult to compare his situation to others being it deals specifically with Olbermann. The article I posted is from Current TV's side, and I stated as much in my post.

ESPN, Current TV and MSNBC, twice, all have their reasons for thei behavior towards Olbermann. The only common denominator between them all is Olbermann himself, so its kind of difficult to not single him out. In this case singleing him out is done by Olbermann himself, not others.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I was referring to the issues Olbermann had MSNBC before leaving for Current TV. Its not up to their boss to the extent of being able to ignore it. Its part of campaign laws and they are present for a reason.

I know what you were referring to. Was my article not on topic?

I prefer a larger scope to view - - - then narrow it down.

Starting at a "pin point" doesn't allow much room for diverse opinions.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There is not much diversity when it comes to Olbermann anyways sooo... The blog you linked pretty much coincides with the other articles coming out about Olbermann. To me, based on his comments / twitter accusations, its once again someone elses fault. Olbermann seems to have this issue when it comes to acountability, which is to say he is all for it, except when its applied to him.

His comment in his twitter release, to me and imo, confirms that. Simply by referenceing the "last time" one of his bosses was invovled in a wrongful termination lawsuit. The issue with that is the article he linked to. Which comes from the early 1990's. What Mr. Olbermann left out is the time frame the incident took place in. In 1987 the first AIDS discrimination case was brought against a lawfirm, and it went from there.

At the time of the termination Mr. Oblermann refers to he is leaving out the fact that AIDs discrimination was allowed prior to that point, and currently was going through the courts (Movie Philladelphia was a result of the first AIDs discrimination lawsuit in 1987 and came out in 1993).

Since then I ahve not found any legal cases against his employers dealing in the same subject matter. So I am not entirely sure what the point was for Olbermann to even bring that subject up, especially without placing it in proper context. To me it was nothing more than Olbermann picking up some mudd and throwing it in hopes something will stick.

My list earlier of Media outlets Olbermann has been let go from was incomplete. Olbermann also worked for some time for FoxNews, before his departure from them.

The question that keeps coming up in my mind is how can so many different networks be so wrong when it comes to Olbermann? Are all of the networks, local and nationwide, conspirin against Olbermann, or is Olbermann just that much of an ass that his own arrogance blinds him to that fact?

If the accusations made by Current tv about the car and driver are true, it speaks to how Olbermann views himself and those around him. Not once has he stated something has been his fault nor has he taken responsibility for it. Instead he blames, and then appologizes for being suckered by the people who just fired him, as he did with MSNBC and now Current TV.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

There is not much diversity when it comes to Olbermann anyways sooo...

So apparently you have it in for Olbermann.

Not much discussion here.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

There is not much diversity when it comes to Olbermann anyways sooo...

So apparently you have it in for Olbermann.

Not much discussion here.

Ive already disclosed that I dont care for him. However trying to dimiss my opinion simply because you dont have it in for him really makes no sense either does it? Is it not possible for us to discuss Olbermann while being on different sides of the fence? Or when you stated discussion were you referring to just like minded people discussing Olbermann?

If you dont agreee with my statments above, feel free to refute them with evidence of your own.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Two possibilities:

(1) Olbermann is an idiot without a village and is beyond rescue
(2) Olbermann uncovered the evidence that global warming was a conspiracy by the MPAA and manbearpig

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by antonia
I think it has more to do with Keith's rumored "jackassy" qualities. He's difficult to work with.

Olbermann wants complete exclusivity and control of his show. He doesn't want his show preempted/exempted or replaced with some "special" programming when the network feels like it. He wants to be able to say exactly what he wants. He does not want to be told what he can say and what he can't.

Is he really "jackassy" - - - or is he not corruptible? Is he being an Egotistical Whiner - - or is he being shafted by the network?

Whether I agree with him or not - - - I want to hear what he has to say - - - unfiltered and uncut.

Will he get the show he wants out of this latest legal challenge.

Yes hes being jackassy....and arrogant........

What a way to treat broadcast royalty. Keith Olbermann was fired from Current TV after complaining that one of the peasants who drove his limo had the effrontery to try to talk to him. And that another one smelled

Sour ce

Olbermann couldn’t even be bothered to put pen to paper, in exchange for his luxury rides. “He complained that he actually had to fill out the voucher — he refused to sign the voucher for the company to pay for the service,” the source said

Olberman Is a Hack
edit on 2-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join