It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Outlaws Pig Farming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is yet another infringement on our personal liberties. The people in Michigan who own small pig farms will be forced to kill all their pigs if they have anf "feral" characteristics. A list of these features can be seen here Whats next? We have already seen the NDAA bill and the latest martial law executive order. Will organic foods even exist in the next 5 years ? Or will we all be force fed cancer causing preservatives and additives along with hormones.. I grew up in what I thought was a free country. My question is how long before they start doing this to people.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartan1776

They already are.
Where have you been.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is something I can guess the MSM will not cover. If the masses knew about this

they would be outraged. I really wish this would get more coverage

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Its ridicolous. I agree with you Spartan what next? They start working their way upthe food chain and next thing you know they will want to kill the "invasive species" of humans who don't have the right hair color or eye color or skin color for that matter. Who knows how far they will drag this out, I just hope we can find a way to somehow put a stop to this madness..

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I fear there will be no solution to the madness it is only a matter of time before they come to your house to take you away or kill you. If you find out what really caused the holocaust then you will know that we are probably going to experience the same fate here in America.

It is time to make the military and police aware of the plan before they unknowingly become a part of it.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
you think anything we do matters. The MSM will not hear of this and most people in America WILL NOT here of this. they have total control just give up already

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is supposed to happen tommorow.

Guess we may or may not see it on the news

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Was posted here a few days ago. There are many replies you may be interested in reading in it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You know, they do have wild pigs in Michigan. They are an invasive species. And seriously, if you are that desperate for bacon, you can go pig hunting.

HOG WILD: Wild pig problem growing in Michigan

Wild boars, feral hogs, savage swines — it doesn’t matter what they’re called.

They are pigs gone wild and they’re taking root in Oakland County.

“I have spoken to people during bow hunting season this last fall who have actually happened across some in the Highland rec area,” said state Sen. Mike Kowall, R-White Lake. “They are close to home — that’s basically my backyard.”

The idea that feral pigs are finding their way into the county isn’t far-fetched, surprising or even new — in March 2009, a feral pig wandered through downtown Detroit and made its way into the yard of a family in Warren.

To be honest, the pigs that wandered through Detroit, probably didn't last too long before being mugged repeatedly, shot, tagged with graffiti, and hit by several cars thumping rap music.

We brought em to this continent and they got loose, now there's a problem. I live in Florida, and my boss hit a wild pig on the way to work, the gore from the accident was horrendous. So, there is another side to this.

There's also this: Wild pigs may have dangerous parasites and diseases, and if you think that a wild pig can't infect a domestic pig, you seriously underestimate sexuality among hogs.

So while you are whining about "da gobermint takin control of yer fud" there might actually be a good reason for this.
edit on 31-3-2012 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
One of my good friends does pig farming there, will have to check in with him and see what is going on.

Feral piggy spotted off the trail on Oahu. Could be Lono.

Source

Some pig farmers in Michigan say they fear the state now is in league with major influences in the pork industry and are gunning, literally, for their small-time family operations to take away any potential competition to “Big Pork.”

The issue is a program adopted by the state Department of Natural Resources, which has by administrative order declared one swine species an invasive species and made it illegal to own.

But the farmers say the description of the outlawed swine species makes it possible that their farm-raised and farm-confined animals also could be banned.

Officials with the Bakers Green Acres farm said their operations “may be shut down by a government entity who (sic) has passed a law stating that the breed of hogs they are raising are a threat to neighboring croplands.”

The statement continued, “In truth, the Big Pork Industry has been planning this campaign to take down all family farms with hopes to eventually [seize] complete control of the American food supply.

At Natural News, Mike Adams explained, “The state has said it will ‘destroy’ these pigs beginning in April, potentially by raiding local farms with government-issued rifles, then shooting the pig herds while arresting the members of the family and charging them with the ‘crime’ of raising pigs with the wrong hair color.”

edit on 31-3-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
REAL pig farmers in MI benefit from this bill, as do all of the other REAL farmers there who grow crops that these wild pigs destroy. The wild ones weren't there 30 years ago, but guess how they got there? People opening "ranches" where you can "hunt" wild pigs that were imported from other countries, and these "ranchers" let some of them get loose and never recovered them. They still let them get loose all the time, hence the destruction of REAL farmland. These "ranchers" are now taking on the respected mantle of "farmers" to gain sympathy for their white-collar bloodsport reserves and continue making money off killing corralled animals imported from far away places. Don't fall for the "farmer" bit, they're not farmers.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

The large scale pig farmers who are producing generic pink only pigs are not effected by this. Small farms like ours where every pig carries a single trait or more classified in the bill are the ones they are really after. The large commercial farms are the ones who want this because so many Michiganders are resorting back to buying pork from local people like us.

Also, the invasivness of this species is isolated and not near as big of a problem as it is made out to be. Any farmer who is having crop damage occur has every legal right to go out and shoot any ferral hogs anytime with no permit.

In my opinion this is big buisness going after little buisness and is a clear cut case of it. These official are going to be in for a huge surprise when they start showing up at farms al high and mighty and try to kill their livleyhoods. I for one, do not feel sorry for the lowlifes who will volunteer to carry out this order. What they get will be well deserved.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with biotech companies trying to engineer a GMO pig. I understand what a previous poster mention, this being about these irresponsible hunting ranches, well it's illegal for them to release non-native species into the wild so why not go after the law breakers instead of adding another "toss the baby out with the bathwater" bill. There's always more to it with these psychopaths in office.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
They don't even know what all the hormones and preservitives thu put in our meat are going to do to us. Europe won't even eat our meat.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxThexGreatxEscapexx
They don't even know what all the hormones and preservitives thu put in our meat are going to do to us. Europe won't even eat our meat.

I can't give blood because I ate meat in Europe in the late 80's.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sorry

but i smell BACON,bacon,bacon,bacon!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I read all about this the other day on Natural News dot com. Then it seems like it was everywhere from Alex Jones to Steve Quail. I have to say it is disturbing. I sent it out to some friends and sadly they did not see how bad this was. They just did not get it. However I knew quite a few who did see the significance. It is a messed up world we live in and yes they will eventually come for people too. Once the great deception begins many will die from the wrath of God and many will be murdered in the name of the globalist agenda. Jesus is the way and is our only hope for survival but even then if we do not educate ourselves on the truth and let Jesus lead us, when the great deception comes many will fall away from the faith.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
But this only applies to free-range pigs, right?

As long as you have them in a pen (even a portable pen), then the law doesn't apply, as far as I can see.

In Texas, the feral hog situation is so far gone that the state is beyond helping you defend your crops against wild hog predation. But most small-timers I know don't let their hogs run free here; too many predators will get them. I guess I figured if you turned hogs loose in TX you'd probably never see them again.

Also, to the smart alec who said just eat the feral hogs: You have no friggin clue. In addition to trichinosis and brucelosis diseases, you've got the fact that feral meat is from boars whose glands have been tainting the meat since they've basically hit hog puberty---totally inedible. Add to that he fact that wild hogs have not been finished, so there is no marbling of the meat.

I know of a BBQ joint on HWY 35 north of Austin that advertizes "Feral Hog BBQ." But what they actually do is capture wild hogs in a trap and then fatten then for several months before butchering. It may appeal to tourists of the exotic, but it's otherwise financially non-viable.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I can't give blood because I ate meat in Europe in the late 80's.

Actually you could be a veggie and just visited Europe and they would reject your blood. THe questions only ask about did you go, not anything about what you eat.

They stopped taking my blood about 2005.
edit on 1-4-2012 by kawika because: add text

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join