It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turned 39 today :C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
And I'm so down. I stopped celebrating my bday around 35 due to hating it.

I hate having my mortality shoved in my face. For years now I've always been told I look way younger than my 'age' as I have zero grays, and just now am starting to get a few crows feet but I hide them well if I remember to smile a certain way.

I have rock hard abs and sides but sadly they're layered under this nasty spare tire of jello that will NOT go away no matter how many miles I walk a day (can't do aerobics due to old army injuries to the legs) so that makes me feel like I look like a jiggling nasty old hag.

Make things worse, I work at a school where all the teens are in that perfect hourglass shape I used to have - and it's just rubbed in my face everytime I see one walk by.

I'm dating my best friend and he just turned 56 and yanno what we talk about? dr's appts, body aches, how he's breathing better, how it was hard to sleep, how work sucked.... basically old people stuff. The only thing left to finally start commenting on in a few years is if we took a bowel movement that day or not. I almost forgot what it was like to date in my 20's. My exes and I would play vid games at arcades, go hang out and party........ older people dating is dull. Really dull. Sure we go camping and fishing and hiking and star gazing but these geritol type conversations are so elderly, it doesn't help me at all. I'm now at that age where it's just good enough to see myself age, talk about medicines and dr appts and freakin' how life used to be....

I'm just so depressed. So freakin' depressed. Next year I'm 40. Then five short years after that, 45. I see the real elderly and can't picture myself like that. Yet each day I get closer.

And already in a relationship where medical crap is the highlight of all convos. Unless he repeats # he's told me 4 times in the past 2 days.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well let me say happy birthday !
It's the only day of the year that is your very own personal holiday so chin up !
I'm going to be 50 this year and I'm looking forward to it.
with age comes wisdom.

and you're only as young as you let yourself be, don't let it get you down. embrace it, be a kid go ahead....
dam what i would give to be 39 again, those were some great times !

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thats why I married a woman 12 years younger than me.

Age is a state of mind, so dont let it get to you.
Life is too short to be miserable. Do something about it.
40 is the new 20. (thats what they say anyway)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.!!!!
Hey, you got one more year before you are over the hill. ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF IT.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I turned 39 on March 21st..My wife though is only 33 so I don't have the "stool" convos" lol...we are not as old as you perceive...perhaps your boyfriend being in his late 50's has made you feel his age rather then the age you really are..I feel great..older yes..dead..no..lol..to be honest who cares what a "teen body" has compared to life experience..I would much rather be the age I am then in my teens..you're only as old as you feel..life isn't about partying and doing nothing but entertaining ones self constantly...that is what self indulgent youngsters with no idea about what life and responsibility truly are waste their time doing...just my opinion on it all...good luck to ya! and Happy Birthday!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yeah my boyfriend is 56 and I'm 39.

Sadly being female, I can't really get with someone who is under 30 because it looks bad xD. My parents always said a female should date someone 5 years older minimum. Crap like that sticks with you for life, yanno?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thanks everyone. I guess I may be just having some pre over the hill blues xDDD

Yeah, age is just a number. Something we should do without once we reach 30, in my opinion, haha.

"How old are you?"

"Ah somewhere between 30 and a Walmart Greeter."

Best. answer. ever.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Screw what other people think. Are they living your life? Having sex with you? Paying your bills? Cooking your meals? No? Then F**K 'em.
Do whats right by you and dont let others influence your decisions.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope you have a lovely day. As cliche as it sounds: Age is only a number.

You know who else probably dreads growing old?.... Your 56 year old boyfriend.
You are the young one, so keep him young at heart. In doing that you will probably feel uplifted as well.

Life is what you make it, and I hope this birthday is the start of something wonderful for you. Now just think how much you will love birthdays if it was also the anniversary of the day you lifted your heart, and his

Just my 2c... oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And I'm so down. I stopped celebrating my bday around 35 due to hating it.

Celebrate the fact that your not 40 till next year

Seriously I'm the same , always dreading the next birthday but the fact is I'll be 49
this year , but at least I'm not 50 till next year

Its a cruel trick of life that your body ages but your mind stays young .... or is it a bonus .
Its a cliche but age IS just a number ....enjoy your life .... and Happy Birthday

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Happy 39th Birthday! I hope you feel better soon!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Happy birthday. 39? Ah the good old(oops) days.
The turning over of a decade can have this effect on a person. 29 was bad for me. 39? Nope, having too much fun. I'll be 50 in June and I'm having a little trouble with it but not like 29. Last weekend I partied after 3am both Fri. and Sat. Yup, I paid for it but damn, you only get one whack at the ball. Once these come and go though things just seem to get better. Come on June.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Yeah my boyfriend is 56 and I'm 39.

Sadly being female, I can't really get with someone who is under 30 because it looks bad xD. My parents always said a female should date someone 5 years older minimum. Crap like that sticks with you for life, yanno?

wow...I wonder how the Women in their fifties felt when your boyfriend rejected them and chose to date you?

and why would you want to date someone who is under 30 anyway?

anyway, hope you end up having a Happy Birthday!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I got divorced at 37 yrs old and my ex husband's parting shot to me was "Who would want

me now, stretch marks and all, and that he had had the best years of my life."

Well i've got new's for him where ever he is........My best most memorable year was when

i was 42 years old. One of the highlights of that year, i went to a club where all the 18/20

years old were trying to impress David Bowie who was there with his entourage, and he

chose to dance the night away with me. [i was the talk of that club for many months
]

D.B. didn't know it but he was 11 yrs younger than me at the time.

There is nothing more alluring than a woman who is confident in herself. I'm always as

young as the company i'm in at the time, and i've only ever had one bf older than myself!

And you can always say i'm 30 and some months or i'm 40 and some months

So GO GIRL be the person you want to be and live life to the full Finally

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MANY MORE OF THEM !

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Happy Birthday!

It's not that bad,really.
I'm 47 ,after 40 b-days ,to me,don't matter that much.
I'm glad I'm on this earth another day,everyday.

Enjoy your time ,don't waste it on worrying.
We have but one chance in this life,this journey.

One thing I did learn was I did what I wanted to,didn't listen to anyone.
I failed once or twice,but that was MY problem and on MY terms.

And I'm still here and happy.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Discussing aches and pains is only the beginning. Next comes dentures and Medicare. Picking out a plot in a nice location.

Did I take my meds today? I think so. Were those the right ones?
What's that? You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you.
Why do they keep making the print smaller? I guess I'll have to get stronger glasses.
I like these support hose. My varicose veins don't hurt so much when I wear them.

On the plus side, with the advances in medicine, you could live to be well over 100.

Happy Birthday.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Being the youngest,on this thread. I assume even on ATS I feel the youngest haha
Happy Birthday.Days go past so quick,I realised that only yestarday knowing that my end of school prom is coming up!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
hey! happy birthday fellow March 31ster! I turned 36 today and although I dreaded last years 35 it's all down hill from here! so easy coasting!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry that you have the blues

I'll be 45 next week. My Mother will be 83.
Here comes the cliche....ready?.....Life is what you make of it. Annoying but true.
It's up to you whether or not you want to have discussions about your bowel movements and meds. It's not mandatory, you know. Stop worrying about it. Enjoy your life. It beats the alternative, right?
I miss my 20-30 year old body but the accumulation of common sense definitely makes up for it.

Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well...dont really know what to say...if you don't want to hear someone talk about their bowel movements maybe you should date someone under let's say...50?...Just a thought...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

My Dad used to say having another birthday beats the alternative (being dead).

I am over 50 and it doesn't get any easier. Take one day at a time and make the very best of it.

new topics

top topics

join