It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP!!! Cyber bullying occur NOW!!! How do I stop it???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

No, I am not familiar with the Dr.s work.

People call it Buddhism, I call my practice Zen... but really we're all practicing it like it or not.

That's the truth. That's why it sounds so familiar! When things ring true, that means they don't apply to one or the other, but to all things, and do so every time!

The Dr, knowingly or not, sounds like she employs some of the same wisdom as the ancient Buddha and all of us since.

But to be plain and "conventional," it is wisdom, which I have learned by Zen practice.

Also, I would like to point out that no "program" will demonstrate the way, as well as a human being who knows the way, who is able to apply it in dynamic, instantaneous, and practical ways.

A mathematician teaches far better than a video of one.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Imo,showing concern for,and trying to help a stranger,does not make one "egotistical"-it makes you a compassionate human being.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
lmao... how is this cyber bullying? sounds like a viral image. I HIGHLY doubt 53,000 people know this girl and think they're better then her.

Who said you have to know someone to vote on whether they are hot are not. I vote for the hottest male in People and I don't know Gerard Butler but I sure think he is smoking hot!

It is cyber bullying. It is online and they are asking people to vote on if this girl is pretty or not. Did she post it herself? Doubtful....

Jezus, man, take a pill. Sounds like ur having a heart attack over there. I would understand if it was a picture of you but... do you even know this girl? does she even know her picture is around? does she care?

You have obviously never had your imaged used on the internet for some advertisement or voting campaign ala social networking. I am sure the people whose pics are chosen feel different. Cyber bullying this way via social networking sites is more common now a days. It's easier to hide behind a computer screen and throw insults than to do the insulting in person. I bet she would care if she found....not sure any teenage girl would be happy about this.

Ridiculous... lets all make a big deal over nothing.
edit on 31-3-2012 by ClydeFrog42 because: their...the'ye... blllahhh blahhhh

*sigh.....It isn't nothing. People today are mean and cruel and they use the internet to do so. You can damage someones psyche just the same as bullying face to face. IMO the internet is worse.... So yes it is something...
edit on 3/31/2012 by mblahnikluver because: fix quotes

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't think it's OK to cyber bully or abuse social networking.

While you're out saving the children........

Please tell them to stop teasing old folks too..

Oh by the way, you do know that the reason Facebook was created in the first place was for rating people's pictures right?

FYI
en.wikipedia.org...

The website, was inspired by Zuckerberg’s sense of humor and was set as a type of “hot or not” game for Harvard students. The website allowed visitors to compare two student pictures side-by-side and let them choose who was “hot” and who was “not”.

edit on 31-3-2012 by SteelToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hopefully the girl has someone older and more mature who can explain to her in a way she can understand that the internet is not real that it's all bs, that nothing on it matters and this posting has absolutely nothing to do with her in any way that matters. But it's probably not possible to make someone who grew up in the computer age understand this. Sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I don't care about flags and stars, but PLEASE flag this so as many people as possible will notice.

edit on 31-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

...all this is going to do is draw more attention to something that should die a quick and horrible death.
This is the flipside of cyberbullying. Things don't just magically go away like they should, and causes designed to draw attention to the problem more often than not draw equal attention to the bully (which, of course, is exactly what the bully is after).

If you really want to combat the problem... have people report the image and/or FB page to have it withdrawn.

People make me sick. As if there aren't enough girls out there with self-esteem issues as it is.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I posted it here on ATS to ask for advice. Hence the request for flags II got great advice about reporting it to Facebook. I'm not a huge Facebook fan, mainly use it to keep up with friends and family around the world. It's kinda embarrassing, but I didn't even know there was a way to report those types of issues to Facebook.

So it's been reported, which is all we can do. This thread can be closed, it's served it's purpose, and I don't want to add further attention to the issue. You are very right to mention that.

So mods.... Do your thang!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Such a petty and weak person.

Sad really.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

-------------------------> FBI Cyber Crime

Hope that helps!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Such a petty and weak person.

Sad really.

Are you referring to me?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Someone posted a photo of a teenaged girl with the title "Like If You Look Better Than Her.". I don't know what's more disgusting: the fact that someone posted this or the fact that 53,000 people hit like.

This young woman is an adolescent. Remember what a painful time that was? And now some #%

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yes I am.

"Someone" reported my signature to the Mods as violating the T&C. Which I disagree with, but I digress. As this is the only thread I have been in where someone has spoken about reporting people for there posts. It leads me to believe that you reported my signature for violating the T&C in retaliation for being outspoken against your thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Lol.

I didn't report your signature, which is rather amusing. I could care less if you agree or disagree with my posts.

Lots of other people were part of this thread. Perhaps someone else?

Anyway, sorry you got reported. But twasnt me.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

it was me who reported you.
hehehe

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteelToe

Someone posted a photo of a teenaged girl with the title "Like If You Look Better Than Her.". I don't know what's more disgusting: the fact that someone posted this or the fact that 53,000 people hit like.

This young woman is an adolescent. Remember what a painful time that was? And now some #%

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think it is amazing that people can still affect each other through cyber bullying, it has happened to me and I see it happening often.

It just shows that psychologically humans still care enough about what other people think and say that through a screen they can still have an effect on you.

I would try to literally forget about what you have seen or heard within minutes, and I may as well work on a way...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well then, I apologize for jumping to conclusions.
reply to post by lacrimosa

Lacrimosa, you could have easily brought your problem with my signature to me. It has been unchanged for quite a long time, and I did not realize it was in violation.

Curses on you and your loved ones. may the crows feast on your bones.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Well then, I apologize for jumping to conclusions.
reply to post by lacrimosa

Lacrimosa, you could have easily brought your problem with my signature to me. It has been unchanged for quite a long time, and I did not realize it was in violation.

Curses on you and your loved ones. may the crows feast on your bones.

Apology accepted.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with each other. It's the point of ATS.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well it doesn't sound like a direct act of bullying.

Whoever made the disgraceful comments should be ashamed and embarrassed of themselves.

But we have no way of really knowing if this girl even knew that her photo was being judged in this way.

Anyway, good for you for sticking up for the kid. Ugly people have feelings too.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
want to see some cyber bullying? i mean REAL cyber bullying? post a picture of george zimmerman.

all this cyber bullying crap is just another bullet in the clip to try and censor the internet. i was bullied to hell in middle school, it sucks and is wrong, but that doesn't mean we need to think some kid is going to kill themselves every time a mean gesture is made to them. parents should not allow their children to have facebook for this very reason. parents are to blame here. you think the cyber bullies parents monitor what their kids are doing on facebook? half of the bullying victims parents probably don't either. parenting is to blame here

chill out

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join