It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The funniest or oddest true life happenings from ATS members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Unbelievable true life happenings worked out really well, so I couldn't resist another endeavor. Lets see what our members come up with for this change of venue. Like last time I have one that's pretty good. If you don't mind the brutality involved as a result of this guys ignorance. Anyway here's mine.

Thru the late 70s and all thru the 80s I spent time as a roofer in So Calif. One of my friends told me about a guy just around the corner from me, who was looking for a good price on getting his roof redun. He couldn't get a low enough bid even from me as the roof pitch was 10 and 12. Very steep. Needless to say no one would touch it for the price he was looking to spend. So the very next weekend I hear all these sirens over in the vacinity of this guys house, as I'm on my way to the store to grab some brews.

I was astounded to see an ambulance loading up the guy I gave a bid to a couple days earlier. So I stopped and didn't find out much but noticed his car was parked way down at the other end of the street. Didn't put it together because of the one missing piece to the puzzle. The rope.

The next day I read in the paper what happened. The guy recovered completely from two broken legs a broken arm a sprained back and multiple abrasions after tieing himself off to the end of a rope and lowering himself down the backside of his roof to replace the missing wood shingles. Not a bad Idea unless you TIE THE OTHER END OF THE ROPE TO THE REAR BUMBER OF YOUR WIFES CAR ! It seems she always backed her car in gang land style.
I could only imagine the look on Terrys face when he heard his wifes car start. I say his name now because a year later I got the job. She took off and drug his ass up over the ridge of the house and out away from the roof in a complete free fall to the ground and noticed nothing till she stopped at the stop sign at the end of the street. If she would have made the right turn out on to the main drag ? It would 've been all over. Just imagine every possible joke that ensued every evening until the job was over. we were there drinking beer with him til one in the morning one night.Poor sap The Brutality of humor.

Spell check to title

edit on 31-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have this re-occurring nightmare,

I was a child and i had been really bad and it caused my mum to get angry and lock me outside the back door for around 10 minutes (were in a nice area so no risk),I play on activity board for a minute or so then I walk down the garden and see a small wooden cross near the back of our garage just down the garden footpath(which has never been and never was "there", i continue walking, seemingly scorned at the fact id been locked out to teach me a lesson, i continue walking and look down into the orchard, there is a white sheet which i can't remember been there when we returned home in the car, i turn back to look at the house and then turn back again to the orchard where the white sheet is no-where to be seen, i turn around and it is right behind me on the footpath seemingly moving, i get a feeling of terror and run back to the house screaming and yelling at the back door in total and utter shock, Then i wake up.

I thought this was just a dream until a few weeks back when my mother told me all that happened that night was real and they had to call out a doctor because i was in shock, this not surprisingly freaked me out, i thought it was a dream rather than a memory.

It certainly thought me a lesson

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was in a movie-theater once. I got up in the middle of the movie to go to the restroom.

When I came back, there was a terrible uproar. The movie had been stopped and they were evacuating people. It turns out that while I was in the restroom, a huge chunk of the ceiling had fallen off and smashed down to the seating area. Nobody was injured, but three empty seats were totally destroyed and anyone sitting there would have been very badly hurt.

One of those seats was mine!.
If I hadn't gotten up exactly when I did and left the room, I would have been badly injured or even killed.

I do not believe in supernatural things but this was quite a coincidence, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Providence, it wasn't your time. That is extremely odd tho. Timing is everything.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was in my bedroom at my mum's house when I was about 19 years old (I'm now in my 30s). It was afternoon and there was a thunderstorm going on so I was watching at the window with it open a bit (have always been in awe of storms).

I was into the I-Ching at the time and had been reading about how it's nice to keep three coins special for the purpose. Not of high value or special in any way apart from they are your three I-Ching coins. I think I had been doing the I-Ching that day but can't be sure about that, it may be an unintentional mis-memory embellishment that has been added over the years!

Anyway this is how I experienced the event, I'm not presuming anything supernatural there could be all kinds of rational explanations but I heard a metallic sound (I want to call it a 'ching' haha) which drew my attention to a certain spot on the ground on the other side of the road. I saw some black dots that looked like they could be coins. I went outside and found they were three coins, two 2ps and a 1p. Basically it appeared that three I-Ching coins had fallen out of the sky for me. I used these coins for years and painted one side of them so they didn't get mixed up with normal coppers.

I don't have any other stories like this apart from the usual things like 'I was thinking of this person and the phone rang and it was them' etc. Whenever I tell this story I feel a bit embarassed and daft - I always know when I have started to trust a new friend if I feel I dare tell them!

Nice idea for a thread, S&F!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey Randyvs great idea.
I posted a thread about mine. Still sends chills up my back. I'm so glad I don't live there anymore.my strange occurence

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A few years ago i was watching this movie that was playing on tv and every time the hot guy in the movie would take off his shirt my tv would switch to another channel by itself lol i still have no explanation for that one. And last year i went to disney world and while i was on vacation i lost my favorite ring and i looked everywhere for that thing and still couldnt find it so when the vacation was over i just accepted that i would never find my ring and so we stopped looking and headed to the airport and after we had ridden the first airplane to the next airport i was just sitting waiting to get on the next plane and suddenly something fell from the sky and it landed in my lap and i looked down and it was my ring! it was crazy but i know it was mine because it was a glass ring and the swirls in it exactly matched the one i lost back in orlando.

edit on 31-3-2012 by eyesontheskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
eyesontheskies, that is a really cool story. My oddest experiences have not happened in my awake state. I have had very odd dream experiences. When I was in college, my parents divorced and I was a total wreck over it. I had a dream about a woman with long curly red hair. She told me that she was my guardian angel and that everything was going to be just fine. Regardless of whether it is real or not, this experience helped me tremendously.

Before finding out the sex of all 3 of my kids, I knew what they were before hand because of dreams. My grandfather (who is no longer with us) comes to my dreams as well. He will tell me things not to worry about. I don't know if I make this stuff up in my head, or its something real, but quite honestly, I don't care. It makes me feel better when life stresses me out!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
once my friend and I were drinving around our backroads and there was an old dilapidated house sitting off to the side of the road ... so we stop and go inside and check it out ... there were still things in there like kitchen table and bowls and some clothes laying around but mostly empty .... so we were there maybe 45 minutes ... we leave continue driving and drive around for about 1 1/2 .... as we are on our way back to the house ... we pass by where the house was , only there was no house there was just an empty piece of land ... so we freak out over it and go home ... the next day we take my friends sister to show her what we were talking about and in the spot of the house was a huge metal sided barn ... and has beeen there ever since ..... now in the years we traversed those roads we had never seen that house until that one day .... it still perplexes me

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SarahEleanor

The fact that you feel better seems to bve the point doesn't it. Go with it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies
reply to post by randyvs

A few years ago i was watching this movie that was playing on tv and every time the hot guy in the movie would take off his shirt my tv would switch to another channel by itself lol i still have no explanation for that one. And last year i went to disney world and while i was on vacation i lost my favorite ring and i looked everywhere for that thing and still couldnt find it so when the vacation was over i just accepted that i would never find my ring and so we stopped looking and headed to the airport and after we had ridden the first airplane to the next airport i was just sitting waiting to get on the next plane and suddenly something fell from the sky and it landed in my lap and i looked down and it was my ring! it was crazy but i know it was mine because it was a glass ring and the swirls in it exactly matched the one i lost back in orlando.

edit on 31-3-2012 by eyesontheskies because: (no reason given)

Ah I have recently lost my pendant that I have had since I was 10 - so 15 years now. I wore it everyday and I am devastated that I have lost it....

I wish it would just fall out of the sky and into my lap...

top topics

join