It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now THIS is how politics should be run.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Justin Trudeau and Patrick Brazeau settled into pre-fight routines Friday before the Liberal MP and Conservative Senator knock each other senseless for charity Saturday night.

After weeks of jawing and sparring, the cruiserweights finally get down to business for three two-minute rounds of boxing - the main draw on a card viewers can watch live on Sun News beginning at 5 p.m. for a pre-fight special.

Both men are lending their names and chins to raise money for the Fight for the Cure, and are on track to raise $200,000 for cancer research at the Ottawa Hospital.

A few more dollars will be raised at an auction where the highest bidder gets to take a set of shears to the loser's head for a haircut - part of a side bet between the two shaggy politicians.

www.torontosun.com...

Can you imagine the interest, and money raised, if we had more of this in politics? I don't know who to pull for here. I've voted Conservative and Liberal(NDP too but that's another matter). As a guy with little hair maybe a draw.
I'll definitely be tuning to see this.

ETA: Justin has boxed in the past and Pat is a black belt in Karate so this should be more than just a couple of pols going at it.
edit on 31-3-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
An idea whose time is long overdue. I and many others have often thought the leaders of countries should be the ones who fight in a war. This works too.
Can't see it ever happening here in the US, our Pols have a fundamental lack of humor when it comes to maybe looking bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'd pay good money to see Beaner and Bama duke it out a few rounds!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

An announcement this morning concerned the death of Justin's grandmother, Pierre Elliott Trudeau's mother who was quite involved in politics apparently. It will be interesting to see how much family image will be played in this turn of events.

Will the fight be postponed? Can a death in the family take precedence over the almighty cancer fundraising machine? Personally I really hope it does, because there has been so much attempted destruction of the family.

edit on 1-4-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Justin wins by TKO in the 3rd:

Sorry, couldn't find an English version. I decided at fight time that I was pulling for Trudeau. Why? He was the one sporting the Maple Leaf. Sometimes it's the small things.

new topics

top topics

join