It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Activity in Louisiana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This thread is to pre-emptively explain the alarmists.
Per the Times Picayune, the Louisiana National Guard is conducting disaster response exercises in certain areas of the state.
This is an annual exercise. Nothing sinister about it. Depending on your location, you may see troop activity, military helicopters, military vehicle convoys, etc.
It is done in preparation of river flooding and hurricanes in particular (common Louisiana occurrences) and any disaster or emergency in general.
So, please, don't post a thread about FEMA camps or Martial Law.
It is routine. And it is so that the NG is trained and ready for Search and Rescue and other ways to help citizens.
Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/4/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

star and flag. Good post, thanks for trying to keep the crazies at bay

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You mean help like they did after Katrina? Like how they disarmed all the law-abiding firearm owners so that they couldn't defend themselves against the gangsters and drug dealers that were pretty much given free reign as a result of the breakdown of law and order? Seriously. Either join the military and see with your own eyes that you've been lied to about their MO (to serve corporate interests, not yours), or you can take my word for it and just stop idolizing the military. [snip]

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was about to post in this thread and say,relax it's just annual exercises!

Thank you for making a thread to explain to those who might have a small freak out, that this is normal and there is no risk of being locked in Fema camps.

Hopefully it calms down a couple of the alarmists around here.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Either join the military and see with your own eyes that you've been lied to about their MO (to serve corporate interests, not yours), or you can take my word for it and just stop idolizing the military. I mean how far does the government's schlong have to be up your rear before you realize they're screwing you?

What are you talking about? I see no military idolization going on in this thread...At all. Just a person explaining that the military is doing it's usual exercises... And there is nothing to get worried about as far as those particular exercises are concerned.

No one has offered their opinion of the military one way or the other( Aside from you, of course). The OP certainly has not.

Take a deep breath and calm yourself and then after that, tell us something we DON'T know.
edit on 31-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It could also be a thread to lull you into a false sense of security... Then BAAAAAMMM

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
It could also be a thread to lull you into a false sense of security... Then BAAAAAMMM

Nah, if that were the case and the military were trying to lure the country into a false sense of security, they would be doing more than just posting a simple thread on a conspiracy website that will be seen by maybe a few hundred people, IF they are really lucky....

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I was of course... Taking the piss

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This thread had me immediately think
of the older movie, "Southern Comfort". That military exercise didn't end too well!!

edit on 31-3-2012 by azbowhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Ah, fair enough. My apologies. Hard to tell sometimes online( Especially on ATS) when some one is being serious or just being silly. Around here I have heard it all from people being very serious. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Saying that the military is training there to help you in an emergency is just an extension of the idolatry. The OP is stating the military as something it is clearly not. Just because they are told that they serve the constitution when they enlist and they have a nice little ceremony with their hand on a book, does not mean that they are there to help you. Also, inferring that anyone who talks about FEMA camps or martial law is a nut plays right into the hands of your corporate masters who spent so much money discrediting such ideas.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

indeed the ignorance is strong with this "nothing to see here , move along" thread

if there is nothing to see
why the need to state there is nothing to see?
why so much ado about NOTHING AT ALL?
what are you trying to hide that you need me to leave?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

sorry double post

edit on 31-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

The OP is stating the military as something it is clearly not.

The OP has said nothing about what the military is or isn't. You have...But they haven't. They said simply what the military is doing right this moment in Louisiana...

Just because they are told that they serve the constitution when they enlist and they have a nice little ceremony with their hand on a book, does not mean that they are there to help you.

No one in here said that was the case... All that has been said is that disaster preparation exercises are being conducted...This is nothing new either...What peoples reasons are for joining, has nothing to do with the fact that these exercises are taking place...

Also, inferring that anyone who talks about FEMA camps or martial law is a nut plays right into the hands of your corporate masters who spent so much money discrediting such ideas.

Are you okay? No one inferred anything like that... What is being said is, if you see these exercises taking place there is no need to panic and jump to the conclusion that fema camps are about to be opened. No one said anything about anyone being a nut....It was not even implied.

All that is being done is trying to calm people who might be frightened if they see these exercises taking place. Pointing out that it is just routine exercises so there is no need to make threads asking if Fema camps are about to be open.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

indeed the ignorance is strong with this "nothing to see here , move along" thread

if there is nothing to see
why the need to state there is nothing to see?
why so much ado about NOTHING AT ALL?
what are you trying to hide that you need me to leave?

Your questions are answered right in the OP...

People sometimes like to panic and make something out of nothing...This thread is an attempt to calm people who might panic and become frightened by these exercises that are in fact, very normal. No one is hiding anything and no one wants anyone to leave. It is just an honest attempt by the OP to calm peoples fears....Sadly, it does not seem to be working.

If you are really that worried you are welcome to panic and lock yourself in your bedroom....I will go about my every day life.

Anyway, sorry to jump and leave this thread. I was honestly enjoying it, but I have to leave for my sisters house for the weekend.

Remember, there really is nothing to worry about, but if you want to worry and live your life in fear. Be my guest. me? I am going to hang out with my sister and friends and have fun.

No need to come in here an apologize when it pans out that I am completely right. Just live and learn.

Peace and love.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ALL CAPS TITLE WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!

To share a public notice with people... ATS is a pin-board at a public library?

I live about 9000 miles away from Louisiana, but thought this was important. Please try to be more descriptive with your thread titles in the future?

Or else I will start a FEMA camp thread just to irritate you.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels
ALL CAPS TITLE WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!

To share a public notice with people... ATS is a pin-board at a public library?

I live about 9000 miles away from Louisiana, but thought this was important. Please try to be more descriptive with your thread titles in the future?

Or else I will start a FEMA camp thread just to irritate you.

Ha! Fair enough.
Figured if it was titled "Routine Military exercises may excite paranoids", it would offend some and be ignored by the rational. But I hear you. I get irritated by misleading titles sometimes too.

As far as the guy claiming the Katrina propaganda, please do some research in a medium that doesn't exist to make money off of naive people.
There was one unit from out of state that exceeded their authority in confiscating guns in one small area. In most other places, the NG allowed people to arm themselves and watch out for their own neighborhoods. They had much bigger fish to fry. Like subduing out of control criminals and rescuing people from attics.
Louisiana's main brigade was in Iraq at the time and the state was shorthanded. Units from other states had to come in and help due to the scope of the disaster.

At that point, joint disaster exercises, such as those going on this weekend, weren't as involved, resulting in poor communications and inconsistent policies between agencies and NG units & law enforcement from out of state. Ask any citizen of New Orleans what their feelings are about the National Guard. You will be hard pressed to find a single negative comment. When Gustav and Ike struck, there was advanced planning and everything went smoothly, largely due to the Guard. There were plenty of rescues but nothing compared to the numbers during Katrina. During the Oil Spill, the engineering units also kept oil out of a lot of our marshes via emplacement of Tiger dams, HESCO, and land bridges (despite attempts by the idiotic administration to stop them). And they helped keep Louisianans high and dry during the 2011 river flood (with a little help from a pre-existing drought - the dry land assisted them)

So go ahead and use your first amendment rights to express ignorance, but it might be helpful to adhere to the website's motto of denying it.
Thanks again.
edit on 31-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: sp

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant

Figured if it was titled "Routine Military exercises may excite paranoids", it would offend some and be ignored by the rational.

Haha! Just imagine how crazy it would have got up in here if you used that title instead

I totally hear what you are saying. I was a bit hasty in having fun with my earlier post.
In all honesty, thanks for the heads up and if I see any Louisiana paranoia taking place on ATS, I'll direct them to your info.

Best wishes

edit on 31-3-2012 by dyllels because: grammar

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
From all that I have heard and seen something very big is going to happen in the Gulf Of Mexico area. what it will be I am not sure but it is going to be big so stock up and get ready.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Jeep Chrysler people, you all are so uptight, I could cut the tension with a....that thing..that they used to cut the stones for the pyramids, yeah that! BIG TEXT, BIG PROBLEM, little text, you already dead. Lack of brain cells and sleep have been known to cause extreme paranoia in a majority of Conspiracy Site audience members, including me. I am merely a pawn of my own demise, because once again I must inject my total useless post to just see how things are going. X(formerly Xenongod)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join