It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German public sector workers to get 6.3% pay rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
German public sector workers to get 6.3% pay rise

Well I would say this sounds pretty good !!

With all the world wide financial trouble, it looks like those Germans
stuck up for what they believe in !!

I think the U.S. public worker sector is currently under fire, and actually have been
taking pay and benefit cuts and layoffs and reduced hours !!

By Agence France-Presse
Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:07 EDT
The Raw Story

German public service employees reached a pay deal following a marathon 40-hour round of negotiations and work stoppages which hit airports and infant schools over the past month, unions said Saturday.

Some two million public service employees will see their wages increased by 6.3 percent between now and August 2013.

The Verdi trade union and the DBB public service union had been demanding an increase of 6.5 percent, similar to that agreed in the metal industry.

Agreement came late Friday following 40 hours of talks between union, state and local authorities’ representatives. ..

Source Article

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I heard back in 2006/7 the German workers unions got together and voted for a pay REDUCTION knowing that it would be in there best interest to secure there economy when the SHTF in 2008, Hey Presto!! the Germans rule europe and now can afford to give themselfs a pay-rise since they pimped out Ireland and Portugal and Greece! Germans being German. Good on them.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
I heard back in 2006/7 the German workers unions got together and voted for a pay REDUCTION knowing that it would be in there best interest to secure there economy when the SHTF in 2008, Hey Presto!! the Germans rule europe and now can afford to give themselfs a pay-rise since they pimped out Ireland and Portugal and Greece! Germans being German. Good on them.

Absolutely.

These people are driven and hard working. Can you imagine in any other country where unions would actually vote for a cut in pay? Its no wonder the Germans have the strongest economy in Europe. Other western nations should look to their example.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Look into what really happens when you get a blanket pay raise for the bottom crust. Employers are forced to pay more, so then they raise the price of the goods they sell. Now that I have to pay more, since most items are taxed at a percentage rate, then I pay more in price "and" more in tax. That is exactly what happened here just recently, everything rose in price. Then add the artificial inflate thrown in just for good old greed. No win.
Simple fair profit margin on all items would keep everyone at the same level of life no matter what wage earned. Add a fair pay scale to that and it might just work. But then what would mister banker do? Ohhh that will never be.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Actually Unions in the US have done the same, specifically in the Auto industry. The Unions accepted a reduction in starting pay and reduced benefeits (before the government take over). The amount of pay and benefeits were the prime reason for most of the jobs going out of the country, coupled with management being morons.

Very high pay that added a lot to the price of the car, making them more expensive than their counterparts.
If a plant was shutdown the workers went into a poll where they essentially received the same amount of pay they were making when working full time.
Reduced constributions going into health care etc etc etc.

I understand the point behind Unions, I just dont agree with some of the working conditions they demand that essentially automatically places the business at a disadvantage. The Auto unions arent the only ones in the US that has accepted reductions.

As far as Germany goes they have been doing good from what I ahve seen through this financial mess. If their economy has recovered to the extent where mages can be increased then I say we should be looking at how they managed it and take notes in the process to use here.

new topics

top topics

join