It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government feels the heat on Cornish pasty tax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
Um, the "Pastie Tax" has been well known for a week now. What rock were you under?

"Pastie Tax" is just media spin, its actually a tax on all hot baked goods, and can be avoided by buying cold pasties and heating them youselves. Its not even a new tax, all they have done is ended the tax-exempt status on hot baked goods.

Basically this is because not all government ministers own a mansion with private learjet yet. Them mansions have to be paid for by the poor, somehow.

So someone that works out of a van all day like myself has to buy cold pasties? I don't have a microwave fitted in my van.

What rock? it is called work.
edit on 31-3-2012 by fatpastyhead because: I can't afford a pasty

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Gotta love how stating the facts about something automatically equals that they agree with it on these boards.

No, I dont agree with the ending of the tax-exempt status of baked goods. Does that change the facts that it has happened?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am sure there are some half baked solutions to all this hoo haa.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by fatpastyhead

Gotta love how stating the facts about something automatically equals that they agree with it on these boards.

No, I dont agree with the ending of the tax-exempt status of baked goods. Does that change the facts that it has happened?

I think it was the "rock" comment that got my back up.

Am I allowed that?
edit on 31-3-2012 by fatpastyhead because: Had a beer

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

all they have done is ended the tax-exempt status on hot baked goods.

You might be surprised at how much tax pasties have always been liable for. Fuel to bake pasties or grill burgers @ 20%, employer's national insurance contributions @ 9%. Business rates @ the whim of the local authority %.
edit on 31/3/2012 by teapot because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join