It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI’s top cyber cop admits that hackers are winning!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

FBI’s top cyber cop admits that hackers are winning

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is losing its battle with computer hackers, according to Shawn Henry, the agency’s top cyber cop.

Henry said during a press conference Wednesday morning that over the course of numerous investigations, the FBI has obtained the private data of corporations that were targeted by hackers, and that many business owners had no idea they’d been breached.

“They are shocked and, in many cases, they’ve been breached for many months, in some cases years, which means that an adversary had full visibility into everything occurring on that network, potentially,” he reportedly said.

lINK: www.rawstory.com...

There's a lot of mixed opinions about this on ATS, some will be like "Yayyy" And others will be not unlike "Nooooo!".

Either way the FBI are having troubles with Anonymous, that's obvious, But to admit they are struggling things must have to be bad

edit on 31/3/12 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There are probably 500 hackers for every agent on the cyber security squad.

I though the government hired the hackers to keep other hackers out?

To me, hackers are just as bad as a drug addict robbing a conveinance store.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It is likely disinformation imo. Since they are "having so much trouble" with "lawless hackers", it will be necessary for more stringent rules and less privacy online. If you have nothing to hide.....

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The FBI will never be able to get as many paid workers to combat the Unpaid hackers who believe they are doing what they do as part of some higher cause

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

you cant believe a word of it.

half the hackers are probably fbi + cia plants.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

double sorry.
edit on 31-3-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I keep an Open mind petering to what i believe, Quite frankly i think they are saying this to deliberately add more ammo to the "Let's censor the Internet!" Gun.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
FBI lies about having no control of hacking.
FBI creates new hacker group.
Hackers join the new hacker group created by FBI.
FBI arrest or register the hackers joining one by one.
FBI wins, but are still lying about having no control of hacking.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I have known a few hackers. They simply do it...because they can.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i am like yaaaayyy
2nd
edit on 31-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While it's true that the Internet has become a world of it's own and is probably now to big for governments to completely control, I bet 3/4 of these hackers are government funded or government themselves. "The proposed law would gut privacy measures and enable the nation’s largest spy apparatus to access private data on corporate networks, ostensibly to safeguard against outside threats." This part of the article also doesn't settle well with me.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Right and wrong are purely perspectives on any given event. There is no absolute. There are hackers and there are crackers. Which do you mean?

I see hackers much more as the only way to keep the Internet as it should be. I also see that they provide the only way to truth behind what's really going on in corporations and governments.

I assign a lot more concern to those being hacked. They have a lot to hide. Why? And why would anyone want to help them hide it?

Hackers aren't forcing women and children into prostitution or robbing poor people of their food stamps or selling your grandmother's silver. They're messing with people who really deserve a little messing. There's too little honesty and transparency.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The internet's problems are created by the hackers. If the hackers didn't exist then there would be no reason to take such extreme measures to police the internet. However, one would just have to wonder, if there were no hackers, what would stop the FBI from policing it? Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The sophistication of hacking has gotten far beyond the teenage pimple farmer with a stack of fat emmas ensconced in his moms basement.
Chinese, Ysraeli,US,UK,and many other countries employ vast resources to virtually "hack" The whole electronic communications of the world.
They devote very skilled hackers with the latest assisting devices to creep in wherever they feel they need to go.
As well as keeping an overview of the traffic out there....
The FBI is very skilled at entrapment.
They Honey trap half their arrests these days....
Through informants and informers they are infiltrating the fabric of society with shills of their own
Centralised data collection points are already established called fusion centers....
All of the activity for and against the freedom of the net, i say the goverment owns the bigger share one way or another...
Take it with a big grain of sodium chloride gentlemen.....
The infra structure for the very most repressive police state ever is being assembled piece by piece right in front of your eyes.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So many people on ATS who talk about "hackers" without even knowing what the word,concept mean
So many people on ATS who wish hackers get all arrested.

So many people here on ATS manipulated daily, and still thinking they know about the real world and conspiracies.

The FBI cant stop hackers, they dont have the work force for it, as hackers are evolving faster than the enemy creating counter measure

While the FBI create slingshots to attack , hackers already created stealth submarines to dive under the sonars.

useless fight IMO

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It would make sense to me that if they have hackers on the payroll, either forced or unforced, that the hackers while writing software code or whatever they do would leave, unbeknownst to the FBI, weak links in the chain to exploit. Hackers are pranksters and rebels first and foremost and are very egotistical. The chance to leave some "easter eggs" for others to find and exploit would be a temptation to hard to avoid I think.

That and the fact that the FBI are seriously outnumbered makes the title thread not surprising at all.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

The chance to leave some "easter eggs" for other to find and exploit would be a temptation to hard to avoid I think.

spot on

edit on 31-3-2012 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

No, they just hack into corporate sites and steal credit card numbers and identities.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

And do what with them? Publish them. So what?

Best idea is to get rid of credit cards anyway. Only a fool would use any form of credit now anyway. Lots and lots of fools out there still.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join