It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Health Is Much Less Important Than Your Car!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Clearly, lawmakers and many other citizens find auto, house insurance of greater importance than health insurance.
Wonder why this is so?
People's health is far less important than automobiles, and property......
So prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What makes it more important?

Home owners insurance is only mandated when mortgaged. It's not for you it's for the bank.

Auto insurance isnt mandatory in all states. It's not in mine. Even where it is mandatory it's liability that's the issue. Not vehicle repair or replacement.

What makes it more important?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

Here in the UK we have to have an annual MOT for cars over a certain age.
I've often wondered why we don't take the same care over our health? I guess there is no requirement because a dangerous car is more likely to kill someone else.
That said UK seniors/pensioners do get certain checks. But I think it's worthwhile for those of us who can afford it, to get a regular health 'MOT'. What is more important? Getting that new car/carpet/whatever? Or getting yourself checked out for potentially life threatening conditions?

edit on 31-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Of course its less important then a car or house, to the big agencies your property is worth far more then you are . Naturally you would expect health to be on the bottom . They profit from more sick people , then healthy people.
They profit more when people can't afford to go to doctors or hospitals , that way they leave needed treatment because of financial reasons , only to have more complications down the road , and then suck them dry for all they are worth . I hear people opening up second mortgage , taking out loans , asking family for help , all for medical bills. Terrible world we live in . You think paying into the tax system you would expect some perks to come back and help you out in time of need, not to suck you dry even more , but hey thats just me

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
OP auto insurance is not more important and I don't know 1 person that thinks auto insurance is more important, but I can tell your upset and that's exactly what they TPTB want you to be. Divide and conquer. I'm willing to bet that you are one of the many that have been affected by healthcare and it's cost. We need a health insurance reform not healthcare. The only reason I'm even responding is because we can't let them divide us I'm against the healthcare bill but I am for people. I understand we've had many people lose everything because the cost of healthcare, and that's why insurance needs reformed not healthcare. Think about it unbiased do you really believe as a nation we can afford this healthcare? I'm all for people, and people being healthy so they can enjoy life, but let's all set aside our differences and focus what we have in common. Me for example. I have a wife, a son, a car payment, a mortgage, and utility bills how many of us all have this in common. All I want is a job that I make enough money to pay all those bills with a little extra to enjoy my time off with my family. How many people want that exact same stuff. We all have more in common than we dont have in common. Let's all stop being divided and help the person to our right.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The reason is because in many cases, those same homes and vehicles are tied to a third party. That may be the lending institution, or, in the case of auto insurance, the people in the OTHER car in the event of an accident.

I think its a weak comparison, anyway. Although they may all be forms of 'insurance', a person can choose not to participate in the home and auto insurance markets simply by choosing not to own a home or vehicle. That choice does not exist under the healthcare mandate, and for that reason, its a vastly different situation.

The ironic part about this whole comparison is that if you were to drop the healthcare argument and focus only on asking about home and auto insurance, thereby leaving the poltical side out of the equation, I'd bet that more than half the people you ask would say that home and auto insurance are two of the biggest ripoffs that a person spends money on.
edit on 1-4-2012 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I don't want to delve into a huge political discussion regarding the stark differences between this one party and all the rest of them but this cartoon encapsulates the sentiment in a nutshell. There is dirty dealing afoot and people should wise up to it.

This is all part of a massive effort to keep women at home and having babies, to ostracize any "family" that does not involve a married man, woman and children and to keep minorities poor and guarantee a servant or working class. Everyone can't be on the same level and great efforts are taken to see people DO NOT RISE ABOVE THEIR SURROUNDINGS.

Health care, education and even science is poo poo 'd.
Even sports and art are deemed unnecessary for public schools.
Face it. They are breeding workers.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johncarter12345
OP auto insurance is not more important and I don't know 1 person that thinks auto insurance is more important, but I can tell your upset and that's exactly what they TPTB want you to be. Divide and conquer. I'm willing to bet that you are one of the many that have been affected by healthcare and it's cost. We need a health insurance reform not healthcare. The only reason I'm even responding is because we can't let them divide us I'm against the healthcare bill but I am for people. I understand we've had many people lose everything because the cost of healthcare, and that's why insurance needs reformed not healthcare. Think about it unbiased do you really believe as a nation we can afford this healthcare? I'm all for people, and people being healthy so they can enjoy life, but let's all set aside our differences and focus what we have in common. Me for example. I have a wife, a son, a car payment, a mortgage, and utility bills how many of us all have this in common. All I want is a job that I make enough money to pay all those bills with a little extra to enjoy my time off with my family. How many people want that exact same stuff. We all have more in common than we dont have in common. Let's all stop being divided and help the person to our right.

How can I put it so you might understand? This healthcare package is like buying laundry detergent in bulk. Would you rather pay 4$ for a small box of detergent every time you do the wash or would you rather buy your detergent in bulk - get a hundred small boxes and because you are buying IN BULK you end up paying only .50 for each box. You HAVE to buy the detergent anyway....Which is the better way?

Lets start by covering people with preexisting conditions and allow parents to keep their children on their own policies until their able to get coverage on their own. Ending Obamacare will make many people die unnecessarily, families of handicapped children lose funding...and you claim to care for people?

As a nation we cannot afford NOT to have this healthcare.

You choose to pay a POUND in cure later on -
rather than pay for an OUNCE of prevention NOW.

That is what this is all about.
Paying an ounce now - saves you from paying a pound later.
It makes perfect economic sense.
Forget the fact that it is humane and compassionate - we need the money.

edit on 1-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
IF health insurance is so damn important there is nothing stoping you paying for it.

Pretty simple can't afford health insurance well there is medicaid still don't want to do that there thousands of free clinics across the nation.

Funny thing tho i don't hear illegals crying about insurance no wait they are the majority users of free services.

new topics

top topics

join