It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control the Universe with NUIverse(Must see video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is so freaking awesome, and i so much want it.

I can't imagine how many things i could use this for, and with future updates it could "allmost be infinite" as the real univers.
I might have to save up money to be able to afford this, but it would be worth the effort

zunited.net...

David Brown recognized leader in Surface application design and development, is showing off his latest update for NUIverse. NUIverse is an application for Surface that is truly immerse, inviting people to explore our universe utilizing Natural User Interface(NUI). NUIverse is perhaps one of the most unique apps that shows of our universe in a creative way.

Link for his blog, with a lot of info on the project and making of.
drdave.co.uk...

What do you think, you want this or not?
edit on 31-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
When I die I want my brain to be linked up to this
then my 1st step in universal domination will be complete Maha Mahahahahahaha

Want it now !!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

can you mess around with it, and change the orbit of a planet and smash it into another planet?

( just for fun, never in real life of course )

edit on 31-3-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Well, you never know, there are a lot of asteroids and comets out there to be implemented, not to mention Nibiru and planet X

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

S+F
Really nice software,(and hardware obviously)!
I was just writing in another thread that this software would be great if you could modify it to control the display on the awesome "orbitarium."(a high tech,interplanetary globe display.)
Check the thread out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The orbitarium looks really cool to, and i think you are right that a system like this would fit it nicely.

I am kind of surpriced that not many people are flaging this, as i thought it would interest more people, especially on ATS.
But i guess i didn't make a catchy enough headline, should have put "Doom" or "Alien" in it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

They could use this in spacecraft of the future,to show position,speed,conditions etc.
And they may use something like this technology to achieve it-

German scientists are developing a technique that allows for very precise positioning anywhere in space by picking up X-ray signals from pulsars.

These dense, burnt-out stars rotate rapidly, sweeping their emission across the cosmos at rates that are so stable they rival atomic clock performance
If a spacecraft carried the means to detect the pulses, it could compare their arrival times with those predicted at a reference location. This would enable the craft to determine its position to an accuracy of just five kilometres anywhere in the galaxy.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Link that up to NUIverse,and BAM-You have a intergalactic navigation system,accurate to 5 kilometers anywhere in our galaxy!!!

Awesome-GPS 2.0!

Galactic Positioning System!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Would've been nice if this wasn't locked down to microsoft. I would've loved for it to have been cross platform so those using Linux, mac, android, etc. would get to experience its awesomeness.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That was my first thought when i saw it, and a very cool idea, i would love to see that in my Millennium Falcon

And nice tech by the germans, i wasn't aware that they actually was researching in tech like that, the future just came a little closer to me twice today

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

All the pieces are falling into place.
We have awesome technologies on the horizon,if we can just refrain from another world war.
We could be traveling to the stars with amazing technology within decades,at our current rate of progress.
I hope we will get there.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

True

I can live with that i wont reach the stars, but i would love to see a live stream of others to set foot on a planet other than the moon, or even reach another solar system, even though it seems far-fetched at the moment.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Amazing showcase of technology, makes me wonder what the governments around the world have locked away.

new topics

top topics

join