It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five nursing home deaths under investigation. Five elderly residents all died within 48-hour period

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Okay this is very strange.
news.stv.tv...

The deaths of five residents at a Broughty Ferry nursing home are being investigated by Tayside Police.

"The force was advised on Tuesday March 27, that five residents – a man aged 74 years old and four women aged 81, 88, 90 and 91 years old – had died during Sunday March 25 and Monday March 26.

They say there is nothing suspicious but they are still investigating?!? It looks suspicious to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
These types of things are common. My mother ended up going to a nursing home once she got really ill that I couldn't take care of her. When I'd go to visit her, the staff was rude, they didn't seem like they really cared much about their job, it was just sad really.. to see all of those old people sick and dying, and left in horrible conditions.

You'd say find a different one, well not many of them are like the hilton.. But after seeing enough of it, I chewed out the RN on duty, and I told them if they didn't take better care of my mother, then there would be consequences.. Well needless to say, something happened to her in the home, then she was sent to the hospital, where she died.

That hospital (county hospital) has been known to "kill" many people.. cases where people go in there with a small problem, and either leave dead, or seriously worse than they were before they went in.

Sad times though, you'd think people would try and make life a little better for those on their way out, but sadly it isn't the case.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Looks pretty suspicious to me too. I understand the issue of the age grouping,but thats a hell of a coincidence. Id be looking at med charts, viral issues, MRSA, Resp bacterial issues.. or just plain old "angel of death" ( you know, one of hte nurses on his or her personal mission.. ) being employed among the elderly.... again.

Ive only had one relative in a nursing home and that ended badly in the 80's... I was out of country and when returned ggma was dead .. neglect and dehydration. They charge enough for a private nursing home, youd think they could employ properly trained personnel and not min wage NAs.... but thats a whole 'nother moan and gripe subject!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I take a bit of offence to that I now work as a carer in an old peoples home and I and everyone who I work with have the old peoples health and wellbeing 100% at the front of our minds.
It is a underpaid stressful job and I have delt with "Relatives" who come in once every couple of weeks and moan about the smallest stupid things because they feel the need that they have to find fault with us.
Iam sorry your Mum died but old people do.
Maybe you should have looked into where you was putting your mother? or looked after her yourself? don't lump every care home as bad ok?
Back to the OP I think it could be many different things infection,illness or just it was their time to die until a full investigation is done we can only speculate.
edit on 31-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by cavalryscout

Looks pretty suspicious to me too. I understand the issue of the age grouping,but thats a hell of a coincidence. Id be looking at med charts, viral issues, MRSA, Resp bacterial issues.. or just plain old "angel of death" ( you know, one of hte nurses on his or her personal mission.. ) being employed among the elderly.... again.

Ive only had one relative in a nursing home and that ended badly in the 80's... I was out of country and when returned ggma was dead .. neglect and dehydration. They charge enough for a private nursing home, youd think they could employ properly trained personnel and not min wage NAs.... but thats a whole 'nother moan and gripe subject!

I worked in maintenance for a nursing home for about a year.
Of course the residents die but five deaths in two days is a bit high!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by eXia7

I take a bit of offence to that I now work as a carer in an old peoples home and I and everyone who I work with have the old peoples health and wellbeing 100% at the front of our minds.
It is a underpaid stressful job and I have delt with "Relatives" who come in once every couple of weeks and moan about the smallest stupid things because they feel the need that they have to find fault with us.
Iam sorry your Mum died but old people do.
Maybe you should have looked into where you was putting your mother? or looked after her yourself? don't lump every care home as bad ok?
Back to the OP I think it could be many different things infection,illness or just it was their time to die until a full investigation is done we can only speculate.
edit on 31-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Well, I wasn't trying to offend. People's attitudes might be different in the UK than they are in the US in certain geographical locations.

I applaud your efforts at putting others ahead of yourself, and I have seen how stressful things can get, but I basically had referred to a stigma around here at our local level of healthcare. As it may be really bad in other places, and great in others, I believe it's just like a toss of the dice.

Again, when you don't have a lot of money, and there is tons of family debt, you are kind of limited in your options.

Thanks for your response

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
sadly this isn't strange... people who aren't really qualified (more so psychologically) end up with these jobs a lot of times....

new topics

top topics

join