It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long have you been waiting for 2012.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Just a few years, probably no more than 8, since I'm pretty sure I learned about it here at ATS, and I joined in '04.

Something may have been mentioned in school along with whatever else they were teaching us about the Maya, (43 this year fellow children of the '80s) but apparently nothing ever "stuck" in my head about the end of the world.

I believe it's not the "Prophesied" Ends of the World we need to worry about, it's the surprise ones that will get us.

Although interdimensional warrior's thread about the galactic plane and stuff creeped me out a bit.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
two thousand and eighty two years here...............................................................

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

true

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I remember discussing it with some friends in the late 70's, early 80's. It is the reason that I never gave any of the other end-of-the-world theories very much creedence. How could any of those other theories be true, When we all know that it will end in 2012

I also remember thinking about how old I will be when it happens.
Funny but I don't seem to be near as old as I thought I would be.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

13 years ago.. (I'm 21)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
rahahah, what are the odds of this happening. i am sitting here writting this thread watching MTV classics. as i hit the post button, the next song comes on and it R.E.M "its the end of the world as we know it" from 1987.

i ask you......what are the bloody odds of that happening.

Synchronicity at it's finest.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I love synchronicity!

I first heard of 2012 right after I got a pc and got online...I was a late bloomer, cybernetically speaking...it was right around the end of 2000, the beginning of 2001.

But changes in my life began around 1998 although at the time, I had no idea of the connections that I do now.

As far as it being 'the end of the world,' it is the end of a cycle...the end of 'this' world..maybe...I HOPE...the end of the present scheme of existence as far as the greed and egoistic domination that enslaves the majority under the self-selected few...how can that be anything but a HOPEFUL thing?!? Any change is the opportunity for improvement.

And not to be nit-pickey...but I have this fetish for words...sorry...like Confucius, I think precision in vocabulary is always a good thing...

Apocalyptic means of a revelatory nature...an apocalypse is an unveiling of hidden things, with no end or beginning implied other than the end of concealment.

Eschatology is the study of things to do with 'the end of the world.'

But the end of one thing is always the beginning of the next....and I've been waiting for the end of this unfair and cruel system for all my life...long before I heard any date...I just knew...and it is truly happening even as we speak!

Keep your eyes and ears peeled and listening because this is actual and the manifestations will be apparent if you know where to look and what to look for...not the end of the world...the beginning of true living in the world!
NONE of us know what that's like but I know it is going to be awesome...beyond our wildest dreams...if we dream of these things, that is.
I know some of us do.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I have not been waiting for 2012... 2012 has been waiting for me...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
2006. So closing in on 7 years....the holy 7. Funny...everything started really going downhill right about then...

First clued in on it by learning about the "Buddha Boy" story -- when Ram Bomjon he said he needed 6 years of meditation, in late 2005. Then during a trip to the Yucatan and was by coincidence at Chichen-Itza during the solstice - unplanned.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I guess a few years, they made a movie about it. No one else on this thread mentioned the movie with the big flood and the arc 's. I guess four years ago I was twenty four and now am twenty eight , right around the time I came to this site started reading about conspiracies. They wrote books about it though.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
wheni was 10 my aunt sat me down and opened my eyes to a number of dates and stories of the past for hours we talked and she showed me things i rember her saying that the united states would have somthing happen in 2008 i took that as we wouldnt be here in 2009 but that turned out to be the economic collaps
7 years of learning about the years 2012 things in the year not just the myan calender witch is our weak point as ever debunker uses it aginst us

we will always remember 2012 as the year of doom or will we
its like a real life horror movie the thrills of every bump could be it if nothing happens too bad we cant watch it again

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I cant remember ever not knowing about it for some reason. Must have been around the time I started using the internet. I am not a big talker on 2012 as you seem to put yourself in the firmly gullible section when you do. But in some strange way it feels as if I need to stay alive for this.

I have a theory about why there are so many people on the planet atm. I think its because we incarnated on this planet but we also incarnate in more that one body at a time and we all want to be around for 2012 so if one of your bodies doesn't make the event you will have another 1 or 2 more that will...because it a special time.

Call that crazy talk if you will, but I consider it more crazy to just exist unbeknown to our own selfs how we got here for what reason and why and just join in with whats socially accepted. That is truly crazy we know we are on a spinning rock flying around an immensity hot gas ball in a universe so big we cant really comprehend it and the people who just get on with life dramas and tv shows think I am crazy for asking the most obvious questions....why...just because its easier for them. Truly I am never going to get the answers but its better that being them.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
For me it's been about thirteen years. I was fourteen watching a show on the history channel. Ever since then I have been counting the years down. And now it's here I am hoping it passes just like y2k did, but the year is not over and we're still just over eight months until the twenty first of December .

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I got a calendar for every day this year about 2012 . Every day it tells me a fact about the apocalypse . Today their are only 265 days left.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Not waiting for it at all.
At least no more than 1999, 2005 2013 or any other year.

It's just another date. I know you don't believe that especially if you have been waiting 30 years for it. I am afraid your going to be disappointed, at least I hope so.

Your not alone though many people will be disappointed when it turns out to be just another year.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I was in a spiritualist group in the early 1970s and the buzz then (all over the world) was the year 2000. Our Mother the Earth was prophesied to turn on her axis with total destruction. 2000 seemed a long way away then. Of course, absolutely nothing happened and business as usual. That made me far more circumspect and realistic about predictions and prophecies. It is now 2012 and you can rest assured, come 21 December, it will be business as usual (wars, money stress, deaths from lifestyle diseases, mental illness etc etc). But my buddhism has helped me enormously adjust to what we pretend is modern life. The great man said "all phenomena arise and they pass away.. craving is the source of all suffering". As I have aged, these words (and building a spiritual practice around them) have given me much solace and comfort that things are exactly the way they are meant to be...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Funny the way you worded this... That you can't remember not knowing. Yea I was sitting here trying to establish just when I first heard about it and I know I must have been pretty young because it seems like I've always known. I'm 26 almost 27...

I don't know what to think about your theory, but I also feel like I need to be around for what will happen. Or what may happen... However you want to look at it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyJai

Haha that crazy im 26 almost 27.

Its a bit more than a theory for me. I have read almost everything on in between life hypnotherapy, now keep in mind then men/women who perform the deep hypnosis witch take people back to before they were born are psychotherapists...people who's job it is to assess mental health. Check it out

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just like I was Reading Z. Sitchin when his first book came out in the 70's,, and was on that because of some of my childhood experiences that made it resonant with me,,, I also knew of the 2012 thing rather early,, before I had the chance to meet Terrence McKenna,, who got the ball rolling with Timewave Zero and his theory of Novelty.

BUT,,, I NEVER thought it meant the END of the World,,

That is the Media Hype more than what has really been said by those who promote awareness about this subject,,
which by the way is very tiresome.

Christians, Muslims, and Judaic religions,, are Leading the Pack with the End of the World hype,,,

Most who really have thought the whole 2012 thing out know that it is about the Human Species gaining some Awareness,,,, maybe given a push by Mother Nature,, and the collision of events that we call the 20th and 21st century,,

but for myself and my close friends who are Aware and Awake to the Situation it is about the speeding up of Humanity's evolution,, and hopefully the Awakening that we so need.

End of the World,,, NOT.
so around 30 to 40 years or so I guess.
edit on 3/31/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

I watched the video and I am intrigued... Have you undergone this type of hypnosis before? Do you know how to find someone who can perform it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join