It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Iran helps Syria ship oil to China: sources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Exclusive: Iran helps Syria ship oil to China: sources

ca.news.yahoo.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Iran is helping its ally Syria defy Western sanctions by providing a vessel to ship Syrian oil to a state-run company in China, potentially giving the government of President Bashar al-Assad a financial boost worth an estimated $80 million.

Iran, itself a target of Western sanctions, is among Syria's closest allies and has promised to do all it can to support Assad, recently praising his handling of the year-long uprising against Assad in which thousands have been killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is all playing out like a bad movie.

2 heavily sanctioned nations helping eachother overcome the evil Western powers to sell money to their good ol friend China.

No real surprise. Until NATO steps foot within both of their borders and harbours then who knows truly who else is buying their oil.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. If Iran can't sell oil to the West, go to the East. It's supposedly a free world with free trade. Supposedly...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

How dare they not allow millions of people to starve to death because the west said so

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What do you propose be done about it?

Western countries may not like it, but they dare not try to stop oil shipments to China. That has the potential to be a MUCH bigger problem. We messed with Syria and Russia moved to their aid. If we push harder, China will move to aid Iran. I don't like the odds on that matchup if we initiate hostile actions.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The title should actually say

Russia helps its allies to ship oil to China.

If the American eagle intervenes, they are going to confront a very angry Russian bear.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well, somehow it is inevitable that the autocracies stand together and support each other.

What is the common theme between Russia, Syria, Iran and China? They all have poor human rights and fear the gradual world trend towards ousting autocracies. They see an economic and a political (self serving) imperative to keep together. This has sod-all to do with the tragic situation of the people of Syria who persist in a ruthless dictatorship. It’s to do with propping up a dictator and keeping a foothold of influence in the Middle East for Russia.

Regards

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

What is the common theme between Russia, Syria, Iran and China? They all have poor human rights and fear the gradual world trend towards ousting autocracies.

And somehow you think America has the greatest human rights record?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe we see a false flag soon ?

article Feb 06, 2012

In November 2005, reports surfaced that that Germany would sell Israel 2 AIP-equipped Dolphin submarines, to join its existing fleet of 3 conventional diesel-electric Dolphin Class boats. In 2006, the deal for 2 Dolphin AIP boats was finalized at a total of $1.27 billion, with the German government picking up 1/3 of the cost. The new boats are built at the Howaldtswerke-Deutche Werft AG (HDW) shipyard, in the Baltic Sea coastal city of Kiel, with deliveries originally scheduled to begin in 2010. Those have been delayed, and have not begun as of yet.

Reports that an additional sale may be in the offing have now been confirmed, but just absorbing these 3 new boats will be no small challenge for Israel’s “3rd service”:...
Germany Sells Israel More Dolphin Subs

Has anyone ever sunk an oil tanker ship ?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If its cheap oil I think most country will buy it and follow.

Suffer public protest because of high oil price due to agreeing with US sanctions or get cheaper oil and release some of the country burden ?

Choice is obvious. If the "european countries" like Germany and Japan can buy from Iran, why others cant buy from Syria ? Who says so and why they should follow ? U.N ? pheeshh, even I would buy from Syria, cheap oil! 80m per tanker!
edit on 31-3-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
And somehow you think America has the greatest human rights record?

Yawn, such a predictable comment. I am not American, but I think it is well documented that US human rights failures are somewhat behind those of the China, Iran, Syria and Russia. Sometimes, one should remove the blinkers to see the bigger picture.

Regards

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I see history being repeated, this is very similar to how the U.S. entered the second world war as many merchant ships were being sunk by u-boats that were bound for allied nations to combat Germany that were under various flags but Germany made no distinction from allie and foe simply by sinking what ever was afloat and bound for allied territorial waters. Then the surprise attack on the naval base is what sealed the deal and officially gave momentum to the military industrial complex to be spawned and to this date continues to grow. We all are viewing history being repeated.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hey dude I'm from Calgary crazy eh good too see someone in my area cares

top topics

join