It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is getting VERY real now.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

"So long and thanks for all the fish" Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I did a search but didn't see any posts so I apologize in advance if this has already been covered.
This week the largest dolphin mortality event in recorded history happened in northern Peru, a total of over 600 dolphins were found dead along a 135 kilometer stretch of beach. I saw this on RSOE EDIS and went to this link for more information.............
www.bluevoice.org...

Thanks for alerting us. This is sickening news, words cannot express. And the news blackout....

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patchman

How do you know it's not Fukushima radiation?

Debris is beginning to hit the west coast of North America and I just read about a "ghost ship" that was washed out in the tsunami approaching the Canadian coast. I would think a lot of it would be fairly hot but I wouldn't think it would be off Peru's coast yet.

Interestingly I Went to the tattoo parlor today and saw a girl in there with a dolphin on her shoulder. I said, 'I bet that hurts!' She said, 'Yes, it's really heavy!!' What's the difference between a whale and a dolphin? I've never being married to a dolphin.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz
I just hope this stranding isn't indicative of a large quake to come.

It seems this type of thing can often happen a few days to a week or two before a big one.

jen.jiji.com...

Well, whatya know.......
edit on 1-4-2012 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
5.5 earthquake japan today!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Wait what

I didn't try to connect the two stories, as i was well aware of that the other one was another event, as it was posted long before the OP story, i was just wondering what event it was, and where the original story was to find, and what the story with inflated numbers was about, i might have failed in making that clear..My bad.

But thank you for your imo wierd answer, which you by the way didn't dare to put on your self and thereby put "we" in, next time use "i", so that i can answer you and not "the whole ATS community".

Thank you and peace

Greetings:

Thank you for your time, consideration and participation.

It's quality folks like yourself who make ATS the very best learning experience on the Internet. When we backtracked to your profile and became engrossed in various threads and posts, we read with interest and made you a friend. Thank you for all you do and your great attitude!

Now, belay the prattle, Welcome Aboard Sailor and fix that button!

I didn't try to connect the two stories ... i might have failed in making that clear...

Yep.

However, perhaps we were also a bit quick on the draw, as most of our discretionary time is spent in other arenas (see our signature threads) where disinformation, red-herrings and straw man diversions are the modus operandi by the opposition and we sometimes might be too quick on making assumptions as to a poster's real agenda. Our bad.

An interesting point is that under "Breaking News" on BlueVoice.org, the most recent posts are 28 March 2012 - the 615 dead dolphins UME by hardyjones and the next one is the 13 February 2012 email from Carlos Yaipen-Llanos.

It looks like they shot themselves in the foot over there at BVO and made it easy to be confused.

OMG! Another conspiracy within a conspiracy wrapped in an enigma camouflaged by, what else, Nibiru space aliens EPA politics???

If it makes a difference or should you be interested, the answer to who "we" are: "We" are a loose collective of volunteer firefighters, active and ex-military and related services, active and retired LEO's and other concerned citizens.

thorfourwinds is the 'voice' of the collective and the PIO/waterboy/dreamweaver/writer/computer interface to "out there" from our safe haven here in Rabun County.

We is 'us' and in no way would ever consider speaking for the "whole ATS Community."

"wierd answer?"

weird |wi(ə)rd|
adjective
suggesting something supernatural;

ORIGIN Old English wyrd [destiny,] of Germanic origin. The adjective ( late Middle English ) originally meant (having the power to control destiny)...

How perceptive of you.

Perception depends on your unique point-of-view. "I" speak as "we" so as not to confuse either of my selves... not a big deal.

Now, let's see, who/where/why were we?

We see that you have an interest in the environment and we like where you are coming from and issue this challenge, should you be remotely interested and have the time. This thread, Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake? is a sample of what is contained in an upcoming hatchet-job award-winning photojournalistic extravaganza report on the aging and crumbling 104 commercial reactors in the United States, research and military reactors, and the current status of radioactive waste in America.

Perhaps you could research information on nuclear power relative to Denmark in general and any specifics that affect Copenhagen and your personal views. You could host that thread and we will back whatever play you might want to make.

It appears that we have mutual interests.

... How i found ATS: While surfing the web for some moon stuff, i stumbled upon John Lear, and the pegasus project.

(I have no opinon about that subject, so don't judge me for that) ATS was mentioned a lot, so i decided to check it out, and for that i have no regrets. It's been my main page everyday since. ...

thelivingmoon

FYI, you mention Pegasus Project (A. Basiago),

which is different from Pegasus Research Consortium.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 1/4/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

edit on 1/4/2012 by thorfourwinds because: more color

edit on 1/4/2012 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Did *anyone* read the source article .. or the one below it ?

The Hugely Inflated Number of Dead Dolphins in Peru This report from Carlos Yaipen-Llanos in Peru. I asked him how such a vastly incorrect number could have come about. Carlos' eMail to Hardy Jones The number of dead dolphins was stated by the government officials and a local newspaper, suppossedly on site. They even talked about 264 (as if they counted them all). The truth is such a number never happened. Nor for the fishermen, not for us that surveyed 100 kms, as it was stated that the dolphins were. This is an example of sensacionalism in the media and lack of criteria, knowledge and ethics by the governmental technitians.

Once again, that statement is about a separate incident that occurred more than a month ago. The total of 615 dolphins was counted and confirmed by Hardy Jones as stated in his post on March 28.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by queenannie38

Very true..and I'm definitely among the camp who says we haven't seen the last of the Deepwater consequences by a long shot. Out of sight isn't out of mind in that case.
If Dolphins had beached along Florida, that would have been my first thought for the sheer volume of chemicals that went into that body of water.

This is clear across the world, in terms of Ocean currents though? The Panama Canal is the only water link between the side BP contaminated and the side the Dolphins just died in such large numbers. It's a HUGE ocean, so if detectable amounts ever make that long trip..wouldn't they be all but totally diluted?

Actually, no, at least from what I've found in investigating and researching this...crude oil doesn't disperse on its own, even with sea currents...remember oil and water do not mix...I read an article that there are huge pockets of crude down in the depths of the gulf, held static for now, perhaps, because of the temperature...but there was a LOT of oil that came out of the earth before they capped it...if it is capped 100% which I doubt is the case...I need to find some links and I will try to do that today.

Do dolphins migrate? Surely they travel, but I don't know that for sure...more research is needed on my part!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I didn't find what I was looking for yet, but immediately this came up:
Dolphins Paying the Price

I apologize if this has already been posted, but if I missed it, others also might have missed it and I think it is significant.
edit on 4/1/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Rofl...many people here that seem oddly and disproportionally concerned with the lives of dolphins...and manage to connect it to the end of the world...holy #

Well...if it turns out to be a symptom of a poisoned ocean...a poisoned ocean = poisoned food chain...and as advanced as humanity might consider itself...it is still part of the same one food chain on this planet...maybe not the end of the world just the people...I doubt it...but if it isn't, then Mother Earth's mercy is obviously infinite...no wonder she's the Mother...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oil from Deepwater Horizon Disaster Entered Food Chain in the Gulf of Mexico

The team's research indicates that the fingerprint of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill could be found in some zooplankton in the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem at low levels, as much as a month after the leaking wellhead was capped. In addition, the extent of the contamination seemed to be patchy. Some zooplankton at certain locations far removed from the spill showed evidence of contamination, whereas zooplankton in other locations, sometimes near the spill, showed lower indications of exposure to the oil-derived pollutants.

"Traces of oil in the zooplankton prove that they had contact with the oil and the likelihood that oil compounds may be working their way up the food chain," said Dr. Michael Roman of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science.

Also...
Report: Oil spill culprit for heavy toll on coral
pretty much saying the same thing.

I could not find any specific information about migration in dolphins, but what I found was that they live in warm waters near the continental shelves, use echolocation and follow fish, birds, and whales for the purpose of finding food, and they eat fish, squid, and crustaceans.

So...it is not a far-fetched hypothesis that the fish the dolphins have eaten since the oil spill had, in turn, eaten zooplankton which was poisoned with crude...because the dolphins could have easily eaten what poisoned them many miles away from where they died...the gulf is a place that dolphins are normally found...

It took 6 months for the birds to start dropping out of the sky and the fish to start washing up dead on the shores...and in one article I read at the time, the cause of death in a few animals that autopsies were performed on, the cause of death was dissemination of blood cells...when the blood cells just lose the integrity of the cell walls and disintegrate...this is what crude oil causes...evidently this same cause killed many of the workers from the Valdez spill which of course was never mentioned by the media. And when I mapped out the incidents of birds and fish dying during that time frame, while there were some exceptions, for the most part, the pattern was contained in an area from the Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico following the course of the MIssissippi River.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i'm just wondering when people are going to quit denying that some big is in the works. too many damned signs for this to be "normal".

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NTALKSICK8ING
i'm just wondering when people are going to quit denying that some big is in the works. too many damned signs for this to be "normal".

That's because nothing really won't happen. So there was the biggest tornado (in years) in Dallas yesterday, but no casualties! Make no mistake I don't wish for people to die but the only way people will start taking things seriously is if something very bad happens (this means there MUST be death), unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Just read an interesting article on a website I am not permitted to reference (not god like people or similar) and it states that the initial report of 1,500 dead Dolphins along the Peruvian coastline was fairly accurate. A Peruvian veterinarian Carlos Yaipen could not believe the report but when he attended the area he counted 615 deceased Dolphins. The actual count could be as high as 2,800.

The only reference I can supply is the author of the article - Barbara Fraser - Scientific American - Friday 6th April 2012 - so it is a recent report.

Another article in the same section of the website cited a photograph of a sedated Polar bear who was suffering fur loss and open oozing sores. The bear was being assessed for same/similar symptoms as Seals and Walrus - no surprises there. A few related articles state that Fukishima cannot be ruled out. A person could be forgiven for thinking - radiation sickness - hair loss and lack of immune system protecting the body from infection!?

The title you gave this thread is very apt - very poignant and very timely. If people still refuse to at least address the evidence then all we awakened people can do is - strive - move forward and maintain our intellect and intelligent empathy. Empathy will be our saving because we can never move forward if we don't address what is being shown to us now. Empathy allows us a direct connection to our Soul/Spirit/Conscience and allows us to learn even though it is often heartbreakingly painful.

We need to be stronger for the pain. By addressing the deaths of the Dolphins and other animals who share our Earthly home - we can learn - by ignoring their deaths - we will perish with them - an ignoble and pointless death. I choose to learn.

Much Peace...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

The women stood there dumb founded.............go girls go!!!!

Thank you for sharing this, makes me happy to see such warm hearted, good, caring humans.

Those guys were heros.

Made my day and restores my faith in humanity.

Dolphins are nice, I was swimming off of Pensacola Beach one day and a pod swam by me, chattering - I told them hi, and safe journey.

Beautiful, wonderful creatures.....................I really believe they understood what I said.
edit on 14-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Maybe it was the rapture and they were the only sentient beings good enough to go.

We humans just murder them like they are nothing, do you really expect anyone much to care?

Breaks my heart- I suspect they are the best among us.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join