It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is getting VERY real now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I really like this thread. But it seems a bit scattered. I'd like to sum up:

Loud sounds in several global locations. Sink holes, same thing. Methane venting in the polar regions. Micro quakes that aren't reported. Kamchatka and Krakatoa becoming "red alert" status. Wars and rumors of wars.

This planet has been metabolizing methane and the life that lives there is mostly huge insects, and large tree-like ferns. Oxygen is a poison in large doses. Even to us.

Do I think the human race will collapse? Yup. Do I think it'll happen in my life time? Not really. It could. A world traveller with a nasty rare bug could sweep across the planet in less time than the Black Plague crossed Europe. It will make an interesting time.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by intrptr

Ya know iread that article as well. Wonder if the navy is getting busy around there. Maybe tracking Chinese subs?

Could be. I found this:
www.nationaldefensemagazine.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Wait what

I didn't try to connect the two stories, as i was well aware of that the other one was another event, as it was posted long before the OP story, i was just wondering what event it was, and where the original story was to find, and what the story with inflated numbers was about, i might have failed in making that clear..My bad.

But thank you for your imo wierd answear, which you by the way didn't dare to put on your self and thereby put "we" in, next time use "i", so that i can answear you and not "the whole ATS community".

Thank you and peace

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My bet is that the official reports will eventually find climate change or acoustic disorientation to be the cause, much like what was proposed in the February dolphin deaths in Cape Cod, which are mentioned here.

Moore cautioned that, while climate or other external factors such as acoustic disorientation can't be ruled out, "we don't have a single answer."

The cause was never pinpointed, but it's always a possible explanation.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Very interesting as well as unsettling article.
Interesting how new tech can be applied to old tech to create a new problem.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Deepwater Horizon surely is the root cause for any instance of a group of animals...esp swimmers and flyers, however...that dies suddenly AS A GROUP...because where ever it was that the group was poisoned, it was somewhere they were eating or maybe just encountering either COREXIT or crude oil....but also...AS A GROUP.

Maybe the first wave that came that winter following, died of COREXIT.
And now, another wave, perhaps this time it was just straight up crude...

Which is worse?
Why should we have to be asking ourselves that?

Regardless...if it IS because of BP...and it won't remain hidden because everyone just wants to KNOW...enough do, anyway, to make some noise about it....the oil industry will likely collapse for good...and so that is the ONE explanation that NO ONE ever suggests...if you hear a peep here or there...it is silenced pretty soon after.

????

And what makes more sense?
edit on 3/31/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This thread is deeply disturbing. It's something different to me when it's Birds or Fish but these aren't low order animals. Dolphins are more and more measured with terms comparing them to human levels of intelligence. Low human intelligence, but these definitely aren't Goldfish.

I took a little time to look at some possibilities and first I think we can rule out Fukushima for something off the Peruvian coast.

The area that matters starts around 1:35 or so in crossing the Pacific and on down the South American coastline. The currents are memorizing to watch, but it doesn't look to my eyes like the nightmare of Fuku has had time to work through all that yet.

What first comes to mind is the U.S. Navy Sonar systems they've developed in the last decade.

Earthjustice, representing several groups, filed a lawsuit against the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), accusing it of failing to protect orcas and other sea mammals from the dangers of Navy sonar.

Necropsies on dead and beached whales in the Bahamas in 2000 found evidence that sonar testing caused serious injuries to their sensitive hearing systems.
Source

Perhaps this is related to Earth changes we're seeing in other areas and with other animals but it might also be as simple as the Navy moving their testing to areas other than the U.S. West Coast where people sue in Federal Court without hesitation. IF this super-sonar they've apparently come up with is what is causing this, they need to just turn the damn thing off until or unless they can make it benign to marine life.

Winning the next war isn't worth killing the ocean life in training for it, if Sonar did this.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I hear your theory and I think that is a sound (no pun!) possibility.

But I do have to point out that intelligence and order offer no protection against the catastrophic effects of both crude and dispersant on any carbon based organism...we are ALL equally at risk if is that kind of problem. If we poison the food and water supply...everything that eats and drinks is eventually fall under the shadow until the crap is out of the system...and it is going to come out, little by little...using these poor animals as the main means to do so...it doesn't go away on its own...it just floats or sits in the ocean somewhere until it collides with LIFE...and then it kills it...that's why oil is supposed to stay in the ground....that's where it belongs...it is incompatible with surface life.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Very true..and I'm definitely among the camp who says we haven't seen the last of the Deepwater consequences by a long shot. Out of sight isn't out of mind in that case.
If Dolphins had beached along Florida, that would have been my first thought for the sheer volume of chemicals that went into that body of water.

This is clear across the world, in terms of Ocean currents though? The Panama Canal is the only water link between the side BP contaminated and the side the Dolphins just died in such large numbers. It's a HUGE ocean, so if detectable amounts ever make that long trip..wouldn't they be all but totally diluted?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well an oil rig went down there a month ago and they say it did not pose a risk to the environment but everyone knows that they do occasionally lie. There is noone really regulating the truth there. Are there any refining plants dumping chemicals into the water down there?

For that many dolphins to beach themselves they are either hungry enough to take risks or they are scared of something. Until the testing comes back, if it is real, we will not know. The dolphins are very intelligent and they would know if their sonar is being compromised. They would also know if they are in shallow water if their sonar is defective. If something was burning their skin they may try to get away or if something real big and fierce was chasing them they would beach themselves to escape. That's a lot of Dolphins, they could chase away sharks working together. Maybe a new or presumed extinct species of shark has shown up. Maybe a fault is increasing the H2S or another chemical in the water. All things don't always have to be blamed on man's disrespect for nature either.

I hope they find out what is going on there and take appropriate action. Our Ecosystem is getting weaker and weaker. If it's natural, we cannot do much but as usual our actions as humans seem to make natural things worse.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
UUmh...how does 600 dead dolphins tie in to the world ending?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Wasn't this somewhat predicted in The Hitchhiker's guide to travel the galaxy ?

They came to get the dolphins first as they were recognized as the most intelligent species on earth.

Maybe the dolphins go home through / death.......as in how we are supposed to " go home/heaven " when we "die".

No all I really want to find out is about this 42 number and what it all really means for us. lol

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

That's simple dude69, the dead dolphins worlds ended.
edit on 31-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I googled "dolphin peru" and guess what the news media has articles galore...just because it isn't front page yahoo it isn't a black out....geeeez

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
I googled "dolphin peru" and guess what the news media has articles galore...just because it isn't front page yahoo it isn't a black out....geeeez

i googled that and got this www.search-results.com... Dcfe12cd45a55e544%3Auc%3D1329528763%3Aq%3Ddolphin+peru%3Asrc%3Dcrb%3Ao%3DAPN10102

References to a mass beaching in February 2012 and March 2012... Not many of which are mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by dude69

That's simple dude69, the dead dolphins worlds ended.
edit on 31-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Ah...I see ...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Maybe they know something we don't?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

TextThis isn't a conspiracy theory anymore, it is a conspiracy FACT and every single person on this planet needs to get their head out of their ass and start paying attention to what's going on around them. This isn't a conspiracy theory anymore, it is a conspiracy FACT and every single person on this planet needs to get their head out of their ass and start paying attention to what's going on around them.

And what is your conspiracy FACT? Dolphins are dying massively? That's not a conspiracy, that's a symptom of the contamination of the seas.

Care explaining?

And yeah, I'm pretty much aware that this entire civilization is a time bomb, and a machine of mass-destruction, but there's a step between knowing the problem and DOING something about it!

Being aware of a problem is not sufficient to solve it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by watermama

Sorry, check the dates. Two different events

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

If you think there's a solution you're part of the problem

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join