It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subscribed threads gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Why does this happen? I had quite a few threads that I was following and after lurking for a couple of weeks, I signed back on and there were only 2. Is this supposed to happen? Is there any way to stop it? I don't see the point in subscribing to threads if they won't show up on myATS.

Edit: Knock Knock? Is this thing on? No mods can give me any insight? No members?
edit on 31-3-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I could be completely wrong, but I think that after a thread has gone a month with no activity it will fall off of the subscribed threads list. I had the same thing happen, I subscribed to a thread to be able to go back to it (it was a super long one) and it had not gotten any new posts for quite a while, but before I could finish reading it, it dropped off my subscription list. I knew the name of it and was able to find it again, and once I got to the end of the thread, there had not been any new posts for a bit over a month. Another time, someone posted a link in a thread to a related older thread. The older one was from about a year before and I subscribed to it so I could go back and read it later, but it didn't show up in my subscription list at all.

So, this is completely a wild guess, but maybe this could be how the subscription list works. If not, I hope a mod will be able to answer for you.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if this is it, as I had about 10 - 12 that I had subscribed to, and over a period of a couple of weeks, they all disappeared. Still waiting on a mod? Usually they are faster than this.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Click on tools and and then select "subscriptions".

All the threads you posted on for a very long time (can't recall the exact number, but it's a lot) should be listed and it will give their locations, and invariably a missing thread went into the Trash Bin.

You are only notified if a thread you authored was trashed.
Many people posted on other people's threads that got removed, and suddenly find them missing.

You can check it out.
edit on 31-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have subscribed threads that drop off the list after long inactivity.

But as soon as someone posts a new reply, it pops back up on the visible list.
(on the myATS page)

The pattern I see seems normal.

A Mod should be able to explain the details.

ETA: a "deleted" thread will say "Trash Bin" in the "Forum:" column.
a thread moved to a different forum will show its' current status.
(Tools / subscriptions)

On rare occasions, the thread may disappear completely just like a UFO abduction or laser weapon direct hit !
(perhaps a very extreme case of a T&C violation, or a severe ATS problem, sometimes legal issue)

edit on Mar-31-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Perfect! Thank you very much. I knew someone could help me. I owe you 1000 ATS points.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Ahh. That explains why they "disappear". Thank you!

top topics

join