It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello! My name is Contag.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
At least on this website it is.

I'm really happy to finally be a part of the community, especially after lurking for some time now. I finally get to chip in on discussions when I think something's been left out. I'm definitely excited.

So I have to say some things about myself... I believe in aliens! I don't know they exist, but the idea of other beings aside from us in the universe is difficult to toss aside.

I haven't had a lot of experiences with weird stuff. I had one recent encounter though that I'm looking forward to making a thread about, when I get my post count up. Unfortunately I have no pictures! (like 95% of everyone else)

I like to think I'm open minded, and also very fact oriented. A fact can be that 70% of the planet is covered in water (edit), and it can also be that you don't know something. So both sides of a discussion should always be taken, whether you have a bias to one side or not. Cause of this, I find myself rarely arriving at a conclusion that I agree with, and will probably go with the "this is most plausible" route.

I'm definitely someone who wants to believe all the really cool stuff (and hope the bad is false/exaggerated), though will avoid having my imagination running away. That said I don't plan on seeing myself raining all over someone's parade (thread) with words of debunking, too often.

I hope I can become a contributing member of the ATS community.

My first post can be found here. Assuming my calculations were within the realm of reason, I gotta say I'm a little proud of it!

Thanks for reading.

Edit - I was missing a word.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Contag because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2012 by Contag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Contag

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Contag

Welcome Contag...

So I have to say some things about myself... I believe in aliens! I don't know they exist, but the idea of other beings aside from us in the universe is difficult to toss aside

You had me at So...and toss it aside we shall not.

Take in the good and disregard the bad...cya on the boards.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't think I have ever been more impressed with an introduction! I read a lot of them and rarely comment. Most new members seem to not understand that this is a place to introduce oneself.

I like to think I'm open minded, and also very fact oriented. A fact can be that 70% of the planet is covered, and it can also be that you don't know something.

This in particular. I need to start being more like this. I used to be, then started disbelieving everything.

That said I don't plan on seeing myself raining all over someone's parade (thread) with words of debunking, too often.

There is a difference between accepting things may not be what they seem and outright trying to debunk. I think you are going to be one of those good posters (wish I was in this category) that weighs the facts, makes good comments and seeks truth. Don't confuse debunking with vetting, and don't confuse belief with naivety.

Glad you're on board, and look forward to seeing you post.

How did you find ATS? Going to go click on your link now. Just wanted to welcome first.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Contag

Take in the good and disregard the bad...cya on the boards.

Duly noted! Thanks for the welcome, facelift.

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't think I have ever been more impressed with an introduction!

Thanks a bunch. I'm happy to hear it.

Originally posted by Domo1How did you find ATS? Going to go click on your link now. Just wanted to welcome first.

I'm not entirely sure. I'm guessing I first ended up on ATS pushing two years ago. Maybe a link off of Youtube (those hours spent looking at 9/11 footage).

Soon enough though, I was spending too long every night soaking in a lot of ATS. I feel like I've developed an ATS syndrome, where in the middle of reading something kinda eerie at 3am, I can't help but look over my shoulder.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards. One less lurker breathing down my neck! Did you know you have a slight wheeze on exhale? Annoying that, now you will get to feel all those lurker eyes, staring over your shoulder.
Just kidding.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
hello Contag

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
One less lurker breathing down my neck! Did you know you have a slight wheeze on exhale?

I'm very conscious of it, thanks! *pulls out inhaler*

Haha, thanks for the funny welcome.

Originally posted by lacrimosa
hello Contag

Heeeeeeeeeeellooooooooooo lacrimosa!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Contag

Welcome!

Sounds like this will be a good place for you to post. It really is a great community and people are mostly friendly and polite here.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride.

It seems you got a good thinker on your shoulders (checked out your other post), so you'll be a perfectly welcome addition to the insanity.

Hope to see you around the boards!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarensHoliday
reply to post by Contag

Welcome!

Sounds like this will be a good place for you to post. It really is a great community and people are mostly friendly and polite here.

Thanks. Yeah the friendliness is definitely something I noticed. For every post that's a little rude, there's like 20 posts of people being really cool.

Originally posted by Druid42
Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride.

It seems you got a good thinker on your shoulders (checked out your other post), so you'll be a perfectly welcome addition to the insanity.

Hope to see you around the boards!

Thanks for the welcome
I'm up for a little insanity.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Welcome to truth seekers r us, Contag!
I'm not sure entirely if I believe in UFO's as I've had only two experiences that seemed to make me question their existence but I can say I definitely believe in extra terrestial (interdimensional, etc.), so we're in the same boat buddy!
It's nice to hear that you're not eager to discount the words of other folk around here. That's always a plus!

top topics

join