It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"End of World" Imminent: This WARNING is very real.

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I don't think you have that quite right. We are long overdue for a mass extinction. Even those in the MSM could say it. And yes, it's going to be a long time before we are out of the extreme zone where life can continue on as it once was, normal I guess you could say.

Blarneystoner has it exactly right, actually. According to this paper; Earth isn't due for another mass extinction for millions of years - at least not an event that correlates with our Solar System's vertical oscillation across the galactic plane.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 8om8er

The Maya were in the Northern Hemisphere. They were located in Mexico and Guatemala. The Equator on the other hand is down in South America.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

now see, I'm being completely civil to you. I would expect the same treatment in return. I told you I can't argue specifics, only generalities from what I've learned. Call it a weakness or (unlikely) call it a strength. But it's me. And I know what I've seen and come across. I've given you one paper that argues specifically on the sun's increased luminosity if or when it enters the galactic plane. You are trying to deny that the sun has increased in said luminosity, so why should I even try to argue the technical details, even if I could? Like I said, only those whose hearts are ready can hear the truth. I'm not a snot-nosed brat. Just someone who might be years beyond you in spiritual development. At least, I hope so.

It's so obvious you're IDW, don't you think maintaining this ruse is silly?

You provided a link to a paper that hypothesizes on the regularity of CME occurrences on Earth, and that those occurrences are correlated to the timing of our Solar System's vertical oscillation across the galactic plane.

Your claim that you provided evidence of our Sun's increased luminosity? No, you've given no such evidence. Your second piece of evidence in that post: "Look up at the sun," hardly qualifies as scientific. Please post data from the device you're using to measure the Sun's luminosity. Cardboard tubes or boxes with small holes cut out of them don't count.

Back to your paper:

The paper states, quite clearly in its initial paragraph, the timing of these events is roughly every 30 +/- 1 million years, with the standard deviation of a single episode being +/- 9 million years. So if we took off 9 million years for the single episode standard deviation that would be 21 +/- million years, with the last CME of this sort occurring roughly 14 million years ago, so we're not due for at least another roughly 7 million years.

As Willy Wonka once said:

"Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... "Memo bis punitor delicatum"! It's all there, in black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing!
You lose!
Good day sir!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Then please explain to me the purpose of a Baktun? Why bother counting that many days. Also as far as the Mayan calendar is concerned the days are getting longer now do it is very possible that back then one year really was 365 days.

Also just as you claim to have researched this thoroughly and feel you can debunk it, there are people who have spent over a decade or more researching these things, and they support it. People like Zechariah Sitchin who studied ancient languages for several decades of his life only to be told by some snot nose government funded upstart that he(Sitchin) was the one mistranslatings the texts. There is a saying that floats around here somewhere along the lines of Reality is stranger than fiction, well I believe that's true because as fledgling as a civilization/society that we are we can't possibly know it all and think we are on top of # with our 19 delicious flavors of rice a roni...
edit on 5-4-2012 by SonofLeod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I seriously doubt this.... If I could remember where I read about the days getting longer in time I would link it. Simply because the earths rotation is slowing down causing us to have longer days and nights. As obsessed as the Mayans were about Astronomy I find It very hard to believe they were just some backwater beings who were total savages whose greatest known accomplishment was making an advanced enough calendar to basically keep track of as much time as you wanted to, by was based on agricultural things? Or what about when you said that our calendar comes from the Gregorian Calendar which was installed by Pope Gregory but the Mayans had already made their calendar long before the Pope was even alive. Or that the spaniarda took copies of the Mayan literature back to Spain where it is very possible it was passed on to the Vatican since the Pope apparently owns all the lands of the world and is over any other man in power would have been the only one who could send the spaniards on a conquest.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto

now see, I'm being completely civil to you. I would expect the same treatment in return. I told you I can't argue specifics, only generalities from what I've learned. Call it a weakness or (unlikely) call it a strength. But it's me. And I know what I've seen and come across. I've given you one paper that argues specifically on the sun's increased luminosity if or when it enters the galactic plane. You are trying to deny that the sun has increased in said luminosity, so why should I even try to argue the technical details, even if I could? Like I said, only those whose hearts are ready can hear the truth. I'm not a snot-nosed brat. Just someone who might be years beyond you in spiritual development. At least, I hope so.

It's so obvious you're IDW, don't you think maintaining this ruse is silly?

You provided a link to a paper that hypothesizes on the regularity of CME occurrences on Earth, and that those occurrences are correlated to the timing of our Solar System's vertical oscillation across the galactic plane.

Your claim that you provided evidence of our Sun's increased luminosity? No, you've given no such evidence. Your second piece of evidence in that post: "Look up at the sun," hardly qualifies as scientific. Please post data from the device you're using to measure the Sun's luminosity. Cardboard tubes or boxes with small holes cut out of them don't count.

Back to your paper:

The paper states, quite clearly in its initial paragraph, the timing of these events is roughly every 30 +/- 1 million years, with the standard deviation of a single episode being +/- 9 million years. So if we took off 9 million years for the single episode standard deviation that would be 21 +/- million years, with the last CME of this sort occurring roughly 14 million years ago, so we're not due for at least another roughly 7 million years.

As Willy Wonka once said:

"Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... "Memo bis punitor delicatum"! It's all there, in black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing!
You lose!

the mods on this site can attest to my identity I can assure you. I've made no effort to hide it. and I'll lol at your willy wonka reference, I doubt that IDW would do the same. can't you tell the difference in style? I'm me, and I'm him. can't someone defend someone else? not that he needs any help from me, but since he's been silenced which may be a result of his own doing sure. but the info he presented is sound, and when it resonates in someone like me, why shouldn't I jump on board? intimidation tactics don't work with me personally. and again your claim that i'm him is just ludicrous! i'm in korea. and the most different IP's I've had is one at home and one at work. I'm sure the mods can see that. no proxy. no resetting of any modems or whatnot. I don't know how to make things any simpler for you.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

the mods on this site can attest to my identity I can assure you. I've made no effort to hide it. and I'll lol at your willy wonka reference, I doubt that IDW would do the same. can't you tell the difference in style? I'm me, and I'm him. can't someone defend someone else? not that he needs any help from me, but since he's been silenced which may be a result of his own doing sure. but the info he presented is sound, and when it resonates in someone like me, why shouldn't I jump on board? intimidation tactics don't work with me personally. and again your claim that i'm him is just ludicrous! i'm in korea. and the most different IP's I've had is one at home and one at work. I'm sure the mods can see that. no proxy. no resetting of any modems or whatnot. I don't know how to make things any simpler for you.

meant, I'm me, and he's him btw. reposting because whether me or this site (probably me) my reply didn't come out right.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of Paul LaViolette?
i did some searches on ats and found very little interest about him or his work
he's actually a respected astrophysicist with phd, mba so i believe he's also a very credible source

www.etheric.com...

he has written amongst many other books , earth under fire , in which he presents evidence found in ice samples from Greenland about dust particles that presented a high concentration of iridium (element that is rare on earth and most likely came from space) and also correlated this information with mass extinctions that took place in north america and moon rocks that present traces of solar flares up to 50 times higher than normal ,traces which were found at intervals of time that coincidentally or not are the same with those in the mayan calendar
he explains everything in the video below :

to my surprise though his wikipedia page was deleted , reason below
en.wikipedia.org...:Articles_for_deletion/Paul_LaViolette_%283rd_nomination%29

quote from above link : " To summarize: His books are not widely held, nor is there significant, reliable coverage. In fact, coverage was vastly overstated"
in other words he's not an adept of mainstream science
It's great though that David Wilcock who's a filmmaker and lecturer that also publishes books is allowed to have one

Video from nasa stating we're receiving new type of particles as measured by ibex satelite as our solar system is making the transition from the local cloud to a new one(starts from minute 2:42)

the particles coming from outside our solar system could also be the reason why he sun has started to heat up in the last decades
So there it is , finally scientific evidence to back up the claims of the remote viewers
i know this thread somewhat got derailed into the mayan stuff ,but if you're going to troll "nothing happend and nothing will happen" you should wait at least until 2014,2015

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofLeod

As I said the purpose of a baktun is to make it easy to refer to dates that fall outside the Calendar Round. It becomes much easier to identify when something occurred if you break your unit of measurement into different units. For example, if I said something happened 144,000 days ago without doing some math to figure out how long 144,000 days is you would have no idea how long ago I was referring. However it I said that something happened 394 years ago you would have a better idea right off the bat what I was referring to. This is what the baktun, the piktun, the winal, the tun, the katun and every unit above the k'in allow one to do.

As for your statement that days are getting longer that's true. Days are getting longer by the rate of 1.7 milliseconds every century. So we are the length of a day is not even a second different between now and then. Also, since days are longer now the length of the calendar would go the other way. There would be more days in a year, not less.

At this point I have to ask if you've actually read Sitchin. He makes no claims about 2012. He says that Nibiru will return around 2900. It was nutjob extraordinaire Nany Lieder who tried to connect Sitchin with 2012. Despite this Sitchin is wrong. It wasn't just some young upstart that said he was wrong. It's every Assyriologist in existence. Sitchin didn't found the field and researchers back then were telling him he was wrong. But if you would rather listen to someone whose background was in economic history and not someone who spent years learning how to translate Sumerian, as well as learning their epigraphy and iconography be my guest.

As I pointed out above the rate at which the Earth's rotation is slowing down is not enough to cause significant differences between the number of days in a year between now and then; and even if it was we would have more days because the Earth is able to make more rotations in a single orbit.

You also seem to have not understood when I was talking about the calendar system. The Long Count is not based on planting cycles. All it tracked was how many times the Earth completed a rotation. It's the Haab that was based on the Earth's orbit around the Sun and was tied to their agricultural activities.

As for that last part are you trying to say the Gregorian Calendar is based on the Mayan calendar system or something. If so you're way off base. The Gregorian Calendar is based on the Julian Calendar but is more accurate as it tries to account for the fact that years are not exactly 365.25 days long. Also by the time the Spanish arrived the Long Count had been out of use for some time.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mab22

This video/lecture (metaphysical) backs up what Paul LaViolette spoke of in regards to the "cloud".

Its long and I have posted it a few times on here without anyone (I know of) watching it. If you make the time.... you will be amazed. By all means... let me know what you think.

She does not create an end of the world scenario though... just a lot of changes and sites the changes individually with credible links which is good.... you don't have to take her word for it.

IF (Big IF) what she says is true then....do you think the Government knows and is doing anything about it? Maybe trying to control it?

I'm really wondering this as of today. I saw a video last night....just created a thread about where the human race is "going" or where we are being controlled to go...and this may be a part of the New World Order. I know it is a stretch but anything is possible. Are we trying to control this planet or a star right now (they say in 100 yrs) as I type this? I wish I knew... just what "they" know so I had a say so in it. lol Anyway.... would love to hear feed back in both this lecture and this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i didn't read all the comments ... it goes a while...
i didn't want to reply here at all but @mab22 make me because he post some video from UFOTV ..

so here is my answer
UFOTV is total crap because they support masonic propaganda why..
well documentary UFOTV Presents - Ancient Mystery we see this guy William Henry who says long story/short that aye on pyramid represent Jesus coming .. aka watchful aye of Jesus

s13.postimage.org...

other mater galactic core crap .. is also tangled with Peter Joseph, Zeitgeist BS.. how,.. well they little Venus project who is covered in documentary TROM : the reality of me
here is screen shot of they movie menu or something like that

s8.postimage.org...

edit on 5-4-2012 by Tandrli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

Whoever it is they are now merrily attaining stars and flags on another thread along this line with no firm links, using the same tactics, with the odd reference to superman. Mind you, they seem to have gone back to being able to use capitals at the start of a sentence, which is nice.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
thanks for the video ! i've watched it ,it's very good info ,
the government can't really do anything to control the sun , maybe they've tried using the chemtrails for that purpose ,i don't know, probably the only thing they can do is go underground

Regarding Michio Kaku, he is very popular in mainstream culture ,however true evolution comes from the discipline and understanding of one's self, sure technology and science helps but you'll not find all the answers you seek there

it's weird that you mention Michio Kaku, i was also about to post this video about him in which he gets cut off
just when he was about to talk about the effects of a big flare, he then gets asked a different question,
notice the ironic smirk on his face after, he started talking about something he wasn't supposed to
watch minute 3.57

and it's no wonder since all the mainstream articles about solar flares only discuss the danger of loosing the electric grid, but none mention facing high temperatures or radiation

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Regarding Michio Kaku, he is very popular in mainstream culture ,however true evolution comes from the discipline and understanding of one's self, sure technology and science helps but you'll not find all the answers you seek there
reply to post by mab22

What did you think of the lecture/video?

What you said above is...

So true... the problem is you and know this (true evolution) but they don't seem to buy it in the spiritual world. If they did.... we would be going in another direction and maybe we are. Again, I can't see the big picture as I'm not privy to it.

I find it odd that he began talking about what they are concerned about (the Big One) yet they changed the subject.Camera man got scared, huh? lol

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tandrli

hi, of course UFO tv is complete crap,
where would you rather see paul laviollete ? on discovery ?
he's not an adept of mainstream science ,meaning he talks about things he shouldn't be talking about
UFO tv is typical cointel , mixing bad fiction with real facts
i'd recommend to search/read more on paul laviollete as he is the source of the information and not ufotv

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You are arguing on the side of mainstream science even though mainstream education is wrong... I'm done arguing with you. Because you just aren't seeing the picture. Good luck with your disinformation of this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The thing is these New Age and fringe authors cannot provide any kind of sources for their claims. It just goes back to something they heard from someone else, who they claim they heard from someone else etc. It's not that I'm only listening to the mainstream. They just happen to be the only ones that can back up their claims with any kind of real evidence.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
To be Honest it really looks like the OP scanned through like 20 different threads on ATS, didn't get all the information, or really do enough research to know exactly what he's talking about, and then came up with some wild theory, based on parts of other ideas or facts.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

What did you think of the lecture/video?

well i thought the guillotine joke was nice,though he seems to enjoy the role he's playing

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The THRIVE movie is quite interesting and IMHO relates.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join