It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"End of World" Imminent: This WARNING is very real.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
does this count?

Bad news - we are way past our 'extinct by' date

www.guardian.co.uk...

that just took a second google search. should I try harder?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
95 flags??

This is why ATS makes me weary...

link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

it's too bad I can't access the entire paper to give a better response. can you access it entirely, or are you just using the synopsis to strengthen your argument?

link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

btw, are flags good or bad?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
and also btw, how do I create a new thread?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

I'm sure our creator would want us all to help ourselves rather than sit there praying in the scorching heat. Survival is about preparedness and the want to survive.

I've got friends in Thailand and Burma where food is cheap and plentiful all year round but the gov'ts there don't want a shed load of westerners turning up on their doorsteps when things go wrong.

As it is in Thailand, you can only get a three month visa for travel. If you want to live there you can teach English like many of my friends do.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I do have access to the article. I'm currently trying to hunt down a copy that doesn't require a subscription so everyone else in the thread can read it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

thanks, I actually considered teaching in thailand. how did you know? but yes, I'm not advocating that we shouldn't take steps, I'm just saying in the end, which is beyond us to understand in the interim, we can't make the decision if we shall survive or not. that shouldn't sway us in any event, sure.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

wonderful, thanks.

can someone please now tell me how to author a thread?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
does this count?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Yes.. try harder shortstuff.

A link to an article by a science editor is hardly a valid source and only accounts for five mass extinction events. The information and explainations I provided you came directly from the paper you were using to support your case. When it turned out that the paper actually invalidated your argument you became "brattish". If you are to ignorant to understand what the paper YOU POSTED said, it's not my problem. If that's the way you choose to interact here that's fine but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by shortsticks
does this count?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Yes.. try harder shortstuff.

A link to an article by a science editor is hardly a valid source and only accounts for five mass extinction events. The information and explainations I provided you came directly from the paper you were using to support your case. When it turned out that the paper actually invalidated your argument you became "brattish". If you are to ignorant to understand what the paper YOU POSTED said, it's not my problem. If that's the way you choose to interact here that's fine but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

noted again your non/uncivility. only 5 you say? lol

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

First you need 20 posts, which you have. Then click on the Forums tab at the top of the page. Choose the forum you want to post your thread in. Then on the upper left there should be a button that says New Thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

thanks,just did about the sun. I guess it won't get exposure tho right? how did OP of this thread get such exposure. wait...i don't want to know lol

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: Blarneystoner got it already

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

i just did, even tho I don't know more than half of what you just said..

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InterdimensionalWarrior

Not to bust the old bubble mate, but this seems like spookery and nothing more. I hate to be the one to tear down the fabrication, and a lot of people have stated their cases regarding how this whole post is ego fueled and sensationalized. The contradiction of you saying the end is nigh and then saying its not also seemed a bit off. Sorry, just not buying.

First post as well, hello ATS. Glad to be here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Haven't you guessed by now that I don't care if you think I'm being civil? It's a dead horse... stop beating it.

The article states that mass extinction events occur every 62 million years which is innacurate. It's a link you posted, did you not read it?

After analysing the eradication of millions of ancient species, scientists have found that a mass extinction is due any moment now.
Their research has shown that every 62 million years - plus or minus 3m years - creatures are wiped from the planet's surface in massive numbers.

The length of time between the five MAJOR extinction events did not occur at regular intervals of 62 million years!

This is a graph of all the known exinction events.

If you would bother to actually do some investigating you would know that there have been five major extinction events and many more lesser events.

The amount of time between the five major events do not occur at regular intervals. Professor James Kirchner, of the University of California, Berkeley, the scientist who postulates this theory has cherry picked extinction events based upon the length of time between the events and not the intensity.

These are the 5 major extinction events and the time intervals between them.

1. Ordovician–Silurian extinction event – 440-450 Mya
Length of time between events : ~100-75 million years
2. Late Devonian extinction - 360–375 Mya
Length of time between events: ~109 million years
3. Permian–Triassic extinction - 251 Mya
Length of time between events: ~46 million years
4. Triassic–Jurassic extinction event – 205 Mya
Length of time between events: ~105 million years
5. Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event - 65.5

Please, do yourself a favor and use your brain for something other than a hat rack.....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The New Age movement is simply a rediscovery of the old. I would consider the Mayans to be spiritually advanced people. You don't make a calendar like the Mayan one simply by being savages who cut off heads and watch them roll down pyramids everybody all around the world built at the same time. Not to mention the triptych design was present in every single one. We are all drops in the ocean of thought and the ocean of thought is in every drop. Mayans were taught by way more advanced beings than we are. Even the Native Americans have their stories of giants and other celestial beings.... Is it any wonder they all had supreme fascination for gold.

Sorry also for the long wall of text before, I was sitting on the can using my iPhone.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Haven't you guessed by now that I don't care if you think I'm being civil? It's a dead horse... stop beating it.

The article states that mass extinction events occur every 62 million years which is innacurate. It's a link you posted, did you not read it?

After analysing the eradication of millions of ancient species, scientists have found that a mass extinction is due any moment now.
Their research has shown that every 62 million years - plus or minus 3m years - creatures are wiped from the planet's surface in massive numbers.

The length of time between the five MAJOR extinction events did not occur at regular intervals of 62 million years!

This is a graph of all the known exinction events.

If you would bother to actually do some investigating you would know that there have been five major extinction events and many more lesser events.

The amount of time between the five major events do not occur at regular intervals. Professor James Kirchner, of the University of California, Berkeley, the scientist who postulates this theory has cherry picked extinction events based upon the length of time between the events and not the intensity.

These are the 5 major extinction events and the time intervals between them.

1. Ordovician–Silurian extinction event – 440-450 Mya
Length of time between events : ~100-75 million years
2. Late Devonian extinction - 360–375 Mya
Length of time between events: ~109 million years
3. Permian–Triassic extinction - 251 Mya
Length of time between events: ~46 million years
4. Triassic–Jurassic extinction event – 205 Mya
Length of time between events: ~105 million years
5. Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event - 65.5

Please, do yourself a favor and use your brain for something other than a hat rack.....

so I can use your tactics here too:? awesome! I wear your intellectual hat for my toilet seat! haha see how this can work? I caution you to use these tactics in the future, because I'm the master of subterfuge~!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofLeod

The New Age movement is simply a rediscovery of the old. I would consider the Mayans to be spiritually advanced people. You don't make a calendar like the Mayan one simply by being savages who cut off heads and watch them roll down pyramids everybody all around the world built at the same time. Not to mention the triptych design was present in every single one. We are all drops in the ocean of thought and the ocean of thought is in every drop. Mayans were taught by way more advanced beings than we are. Even the Native Americans have their stories of giants and other celestial beings.... Is it any wonder they all had supreme fascination for gold.

Sorry also for the long wall of text before, I was sitting on the can using my iPhone.

the new age movement is pure and utter bs, sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join