It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"End of World" Imminent: This WARNING is very real.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ehecatl

you have more data than I do I'm not afraid to admit. just hope you're willing to go to the logical conclusion about everything presented thus far, esp from the OP.

interesting data though isn't it? never before have we seen the winds shift over our planet like last month. how can anyone deny it? i'm just completely stumped.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I don't think you have that quite right. We are long overdue for a mass extinction. Even those in the MSM could say it. And yes, it's going to be a long time before we are out of the extreme zone where life can continue on as it once was, normal I guess you could say.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

the problem with that line of thinking is that the more accurate the data and the more relevant, the more it's not going to be advertised and studied or updated.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
although the way I read you, your feign at dumbness is just that. a guise. and so my words aren't meant for you per se.

Pretty sure that's a compliment.

Winning!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Precisely! Some of the best information is contained within old books or farmer's almanac's that if it's not too much for folks to accept, is also a point that the OP makes. And no wonder too that those reading these almanacs would be potentially branded a terrorist! like, wtf!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

lol but I'm not letting you off the hook that easy, my dear good-natured bearded friend ha

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Actually..
The Sun rotates around the Milky Way Galaxy in 230 000 000 years.

The Sun and the entire solar system orbits around the center of the Milky Way galaxy. The average velocity of the solar system is 828,000 km/hr. At that rate it will take about 230 million years to make one complete orbit around the galaxy.

Source

I don't know if it's track is angled up and down, so it changes it position relative to the center-plane.
But I doubt it.

Look it up someone..
I got to go now.
See you all later.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

some say that our solar system isn't part of the milky way galaxy at all. now isn't that a trip?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Been planning for something. Don't know what it was but knew something was on the horizon.

Just ordered a 1000 litre water butt to put in my mum's garage.

Already got large bags of rice, pasta, hundreds of jars and tins of food, fuel, containers, toilet paper etc.
Got a water still, 2 x 47kg propane tanks, burners. generator, a pirate radio transmitter, a large Victorian house near the top of a hill with a huge basement near two natural underground streams.

Also bought up spades, gardening tools, saws, loppers and various gardening equipment

Got machining tools such as lathes, milling machines, drills etc, sheet, brass, silver,

Also been collecting airguns, ammo, imitation firearms, clothing, shoes and materials.

Been making contacts with nice folks who can build, know how to repair things. I've been studying electrical installation, electronics, packet radio, biology, manufacturing and horticulture. Got a load of books on all of the above.

I hope everyone will start making provisions for the event of an apocalypse. We all need each other as much as a few provisions.

If it doesn't happen, you will have lost nothing apart from a bit of cash. which you will be able to recover by selling some of your stash.

My family and friends do believe I'm a bit crazy but I've always been a hoarder so no harm there..

See you on the other side!

edit on 4/4/2012 by lostjohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

this is the part where I must part ways with OP. no amount of preparation is really going to amount to a hill of beans. I mean he admitted himself that Asia will fair a lot better than the Americas. but it doesn't appear he's making any effort to go there. I think what he really believes, as he himself has said, is that the creator chooses who lives or dies. And even among the dead, who lives on in eternity. His intentions are noble, to not scare the average guy or gal out of his/her wits, but to let them know they do have a chance at survival. My take is different. Doesn't matter a damn thing you do or where you go. If the creator wants to gone, you're gone. If you're to survive physically, you will. It might be splitting hairs, and choosing to emphasize what you choose to emphasize. That's just how I see it for what it's worth.

On a similar note, I know everyone's busy. But I was hoping for better real-time dialog while I have the window of opportunity to post. But I too will come back if I don't get any good responses shortly from now.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I don't think you have that quite right. We are long overdue for a mass extinction. Even those in the MSM could say it. And yes, it's going to be a long time before we are out of the extreme zone where life can continue on as it once was, normal I guess you could say.

No... we are not "long over due " for a mass extinction. The paper basically postulates that mass extinction events occur at regular intervals and is associated with galactic plane transitions.

There is also no known solar mechanism that could operate on this long time scale. A Galactic mechanism therefore appears to be the most likely.

The paper states that the orbital cycle about the galactic center is too long to account for the 30 million year spacing but the vertical oscillation perpendicular to the plane of the galaxy occurs approx. every 33Myr. With one complete cycle taking about 67Myr to complete.

You with me so far?

So, according to the postulated theory, a mass extinction event should occur every 33Million years or so... right?

Now.... go back to the paper and look a Table-1. The last mass extinction event occured about 14.8 million years ago during the Middle Miocene era.

So... what does that tell you based upon the postulated theory?

It tells you that the next mass extinction event should occur about 18 million years from now... give or take a few million years because that's when the next galactic transition will occur!!

It can't be made any more plain then that.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterdimensionalWarrior
I am hoping to start a new thread soon explaining what is going on and why, but I'm going to lay out what I know basically for you on this primer thread to see if there is there is the proper interest and response on this thread.
Human caused global warming is a lie, but global warming is very real. In fact, the Sun and the whole solar system are heating up due to the entry of the solar system into the edge of the galactic plane.

According to the very accurate Mayan astronomical calender we will be precisely on the galactic plane on December 21.. This is why there is a sophisticated and well coordinated psychological operation underway to discredit the end of the Mayan long count as an actual significant event. Trust me when i tell you, IT IS

Consider this thread a warning, this summer is going to characterized by extreme heat over much of the planet, the total loss of the arctic ice shield and a loos of alrge percentage of the worlds glacial ice.Temperatures in the southern states will reach and exceed 130 degrees . By late fall, mass animal deaths will be being experienced worldwide. There is already a mass extinction underway that the mention of will get you banned off of every science or biology thread.
The truth is being concealed to prevent social disorder, the planet is dying due to a combination of factors, an increase in solar energy, and entry of the solar system into a highly energetic area of space, the shrinking of the Suns protective magnetic field, and the rapidly collapsing geomagnetic field. Our problems are not limited to infra read radiation and radical increases in UV radiation, as the magnetic field weakens and the solar maximum peak, massive holes and failures of the geomagnetic field will allow particles from coronal mass ejections to reach the planets surface, causing widespread radiation induced illness and death.
I am not here to create fear, but I'll be damned if will allow the few who are least deserving save themselves at our expense, this needs to get out before the infrastructure completely fails and they go to ground using our own military against us to protect themselves, which is their intent.They will initiate a world wide thermonuclear exchange, release bio-engineered diseases designed to be highly contagious and deadly and try to kill as many of us who manage to survive as possible, because as long as were are left alive, their security in tier bunkers will be in danger. Survival will be possible but only with careful planning, which I will attempt to outline before I am silenced,They are already locking up and killing people who are trying to expose what I have just told you, I hope you appreciate what I have just done because most likely I have signed my own death warran and no< I am not exaggerating.

Here's his post again in case some would like to casually skip over it. Notice how he says that he'll provide more data if he is received in a welcoming fashion. He wasn't received well, so he didnt give more info. I guess he considered ats unworthy of his information, just like he estimated so many other sites. So sad. His impetus for giving us his information comes from an intense anger in how they are trying to save only their select few. That's certainly reasonable. all of us here are only human after all. and after all even superman didn't listen to the counsel of his father, and spun the earth back to do the unthinkable: to reverse the events that he didn't like. haha it's only a movie, I know. but you'd be surprised. what color was the sun that gave superman his powers? here's a hit: it wasn't white.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by tomten

some say that our solar system isn't part of the milky way galaxy at all. now isn't that a trip?

There is no evidence to support that. Please, don't fall for Zorgon's dog and pony show.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

okay well you presented your case, and I've said mine. up to the reader. still funny how every scientist worth his salt to go on record has outright said, we are long overdue for a mass extinction. can I go so far as to say you're not a scientist and don't really know about the extinction history?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I won't argue the points that aren't particularly germane to the subject at hand. that's in the spirit of this forum, right?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

okay well you presented your case, and I've said mine. up to the reader. still funny how every scientist worth his salt to go on record has outright said, we are long overdue for a mass extinction. can I go so far as to say you're not a scientist and don't really know about the extinction history?

Damnit... name them... name one scientist who makes that claim. You're acting like a snot nosed brat now... I'm done.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

still funny how every scientist worth his salt to go on record has outright said, we are long overdue for a mass extinction.

Do you have the names of these scientists along with links to their outright statements?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Damnit... name them... name one scientist who makes that claim. You're acting like a snot nosed brat now... I'm done.

now see, I'm being completely civil to you. I would expect the same treatment in return. I told you I can't argue specifics, only generalities from what I've learned. Call it a weakness or (unlikely) call it a strength. But it's me. And I know what I've seen and come across. I've given you one paper that argues specifically on the sun's increased luminosity if or when it enters the galactic plane. You are trying to deny that the sun has increased in said luminosity, so why should I even try to argue the technical details, even if I could? Like I said, only those whose hearts are ready can hear the truth. I'm not a snot-nosed brat. Just someone who might be years beyond you in spiritual development. At least, I hope so.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

I don't atm. But perhaps soon I can provide some. Sorry, but thanks. Perhaps my homework for a later date.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

I just got around to reading this paper. The fact that it is based on the work of Raup and Sepkoski pretty much invalidates what it claims. They claimed that there was a cyclic periodicity to extinctions, specifically a cycle of 26 million years. Since their paper was originally published it has been found that there isn't any periodicity to mass extinctions. For example, here is one such article discussing problems with Raup and Sepkoski. I also know that Hoffman published a paper in 1985 that was critical of Raup and Sepkoski.

Are Mass Extinctions Really Periodic?

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join