It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about this one.Yes, I guess I do know what to think. Trayvon Martin deserves some justice and his family should have closure. But then so does anyone whose had a loved one taken from them at the hands of a stranger.

What's with this Zimmerman dude he doesn't have the guts to turn himself in and prevent alot civil disobedience to go down. Why doesn't he offer to turn himself in and let the FBI or somebody do their investigation for the case. Why have his father and brother talking for him? Doesn't he care that people could get hurt over something like this, if this thing gets out of hand? He's "man" enough to take a life but not to stand up and coorperate with authorities.

If the police won't arrest him and he's innocent then he's got nothing to fear by turning himself in.

Arelis R. Hernandez

If George Zimmerman is not arrested in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin soon, theRev. Al Sharpton will call for an escalation in peaceful civil disobedience and economic sanctions.

Saturday's scheduled 11 a.m. march from Crooms Academy of Information Technology to the Sanford Police Department headquarters was organized by National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Coordinators said people will be bused in from other states to participate.

edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add thought

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If he's REALLY worried about that, he'd shut his mouth.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Isn't Al Sharpton a washed up, has been, fake, womanizing, preacher who would do anything to stand in front of a camera?

Never mind. Answered my own question.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Amen brother! If he wants civil disobedience then he will let the rest of the nation rise up and demand all the facts of the case be brought to light, instead of one side the media wants to portray.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
How many people get killed in the US legally or not in a year? Why is this such a hot issue? I don't get it and every quasi-"celebrity" like this man, who stand up and shout for justice when the whole issue isn't resolved yet is no different than any other media whore. Even the President stood up and spoke out before he knew the truth. Condemning Zimmerman whether he is innocent or guilty. If I was Zimmerman and innocent, I would sue Barack Obama.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Listen, Sharpton is one of the worst racial agitprops there are out there. I must admit that I do watch and listen to him at times. But there is a big difference between Civil Disobedience and Civil Disorder Civil Disobedience is like MLK and Ghandi, Civil Disorder is more Watts, LA Riots, 60's Detroit and events in which people died and property was destroyed en mass. I actually can excuse Sharpton for his actions in this thing, it's exactly how I expect him to act. But the MSM with crap like logos over date/time stamps, edited 911 calls, and the coining of the term white-hispanic are irresponsible to the extreme.

I dunno, I got a bad feeling about this whole thing with how hard the TPTB are pushing this narrative from the MSM on up to the President himself.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

If the police won't arrest him and he's innocent then he's got nothing to fear by turning himself in.

No reason to turn himself in if he hasn't been charged with a crime.

As for Sharpton, just a whore mongering scumbag. Sooner or later he will bale on this event and move on to the next attention getting event.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Al Sharpton is in it for the money. He doesn't care about that young man. Sharpton has always gone into a situation and caused it to escalate and then he always slips out the back door, usually with a lot of money.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Whatever happens is meant to happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Why do they always throw Al, in the mix once a century. is he like hey my older-older-older, brother is going to kick your arse.

Or is he like, hey we ran out of ideas, so Al is now on the seen?

What the hell exactly does he do, before, and between title shots

Just kinda curious as you never see, nor hear, nor a peep out of this man, until they need, that older, older, older, brother

edit on 30-3-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The question is going to come out, what is going to happen if this escalates out of control, and who is going to take responsibility for the actions on both sides?

The Rev. Sharpton, does not see the harm he is doing, by stirring up the crowds and not letting the people who are charged with doing the investigation from doing such. Instead of giving them time to review the evidence, interview the witnesses and ultimately come out with the conclusions is pretty much going to cause the authorities problems to no end. And for what, cause he feels it is his right to lead what he believes is a just cause? He, and others like him, have condemned a person before even a trial, and that will play against them in the long run.

The question that comes to mind, is this really worth it, if he is really guilty and is given a mistrial due to the amount of attention given to this case? Or is it worth it, if he is innocent and the condemn him? As this made the national news, the question of if he can get a fair and impartial trial is slowly dwindling, and growing less and less the more that this escalates.

The situation is growing in Florida, and the first problems have already started with the home invasion of a couple, who had nothing to do with this case at all. And if this continues, will the Rev. Sharpton be so willing to accept responsibility for those who are committing these acts and crimes in the quest for justice?

This is the USA, and a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, and we should all remember that, and until the court case has been given, he is innocent. Only a jury of 12 individuals, 2 lawyers, a judge and the evidence will prove one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Why would Zimmerman turn himself in? Is there a warrant out for his arrest? Nope.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Isn't Al Sharpton a washed up, has been, fake, womanizing, preacher who would do anything to stand in front of a camera?

Never mind. Answered my own question.

We ought to start a thread if it hasn't been created already dealing with who is doing more damage to the black people in this country. Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Zimmerman has already been tried by the media and found guilty. Al Sharpton is just going to escalate the situation until either Zimmerman is killed or there are more deaths due to the escalation of an already, highly critical situation.

And no, Al Sharpton will not take any blame for anything that happens because of his inflammation of the angry crowds. Sharpton will interfere with the government investigation by telling witnesses to not say anything to the authorities.

No matter how you look at this situation now, guilty or not, Zimmerman has been found guilty without a trial.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

It's Al, hands down.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If what Al wants is racial war, then racial war he shall get! But I promise you there will be many, many more "young black man funerals" I hope he can handle that blood on his hands! I personally am fed up with cowing down, when I have done nothing wrong! It has nothing to do with color, but everything to do with attitude and conduct.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The truly sad thing is this: blacks, whites, hispanics, etc, etc, and so forth, all of us keep getting caught up with the man, and his bull-zhit tactics.

If everyone could just understand that they are playing a proxy war, with a side to be always taken, how dam easy it would be to figure out"the man's" plan. However, we have 24-7 news media, laying that "UGLY FINGER OF BLAME", AND someone has to take the fall

Come on people wake up. its a proxy game nothing more-nothing-less

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I really don't know why he said this. If you look at the history of black riots blacks always get the short end of the stick. It is always black neighborhoods and stores that get vandalized and burned down and it is always ends up with more black people killed than any other group. How could he be this stupid?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
he is gonna cause the deaths of a lot of (snip).

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 31-3-2012 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So far he hasnt been charged with a crime. He cant turn himself in as legally they have to turn him away. And Al Sharpton has always been an idiot, now is no different. The guy is a media monger who just gets involved when the press is on hand and the cameras are out. As for the civil unrest he is trying to promote. He better watch it. If things get out of hand he can easily be charged with inciting a riot(felony) and a slew of other crimes. He just needs to shut up and go back to conning people out of money under the guise of betterment of the black race. Most black people I know think hes an idiot. What does that say?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join