It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook And The New Style.... did Obama and the PTB do this on purpose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I no longer like using facebook... the new layout makes if very difficult to relay messages back and forth. So I got to thinking... did the government do this on purpose... actually change the layout to make FB suck.. I haven't tried it on my phone yet.

Seems like an opportune time to do it.. right before elections, as they ramp the hate speech and push people to riot.

They see that cutting off the internet didn't work in the middle east and europe... so now they are Fundmently changing our internet...

Facebook has sold out... and there is no point anymore... what little information I have left on there is deleted and I am removing my account.

As much as I dislike Obama we must remember that it isnt just him... he is only a puppet that we are allowed to see.. His only real job is to distract the public from the real a-holes. There are no democrat and republican parties...

Its all in our heads.

edit on 3/31/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Title.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I love the new Facebook layout and I have to say your post is the most absurd thing I have heard in a long time. Come on, you can't really think that changing the Facebook layout is TPTB trying to stifle us somehow.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, I don't have a FB account so I don't really know about the changes. I think your premise has some very good merit. Maybe you're correct about causing a disruption?

Sometimes Yahoo and Google make changes that, in my opinion are redundant and unappealing. Seems after adjusting, I don't like it, but continue on.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So, planet America has invaded The Galactic Federation of Facebook aye?

Good thing all of the small lesser significant planets that orbit around planet America wouldn't be impacted at all by fiddling with facebook in order to distract someone from something somewhere sometime.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

lol. awesome reply. I am distracted, and tired too, almost to tired to read ATS...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Your posts really make me laugh. Thanks you get a star. Yes, that's right, good boy....sorry I was talking to your avatar.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You are a few months late with this thread.

Also, you do know you do not have to switch to the new layout right?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
You are a few months late with this thread.

yes but all the places i post had to change their layouts... ron paul, adam kokesh, chris plante, rt, alonya... seems they were forced too... I have high speed and now its so hard to scroll down to see what people said or commented about... I just think it sucks and I use facebook only 10 percent of what I did...

With the new layouts I beleive facebook is on its way out... just like myspace when they tried the new layout to make it hippish.... and its nowhere to be seen these days... does it even exist anymore?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
I no longer like using facebook... the new layout makes if very difficult to relay messages back and forth. So I got to thinking... did the government do this on purpose... actually change the layout to make FB suck.. I haven't tried it on my phone yet.

edit on 3/31/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Title.

No offense friend, but you need to get out of the house more often.

Unplugging would do you well

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

That's not true.

Every account is being "updated" to Timeline. There is no opt-out.

I believe there is a Firefox script you can run that will keep your current account LOOKING like the old one, but that only affects how YOU see your OWN page. To everyone else it will be a Timeline.

All new settings Timeline uses will also be in effect, regardless of what you choose to make you page look like to yourself.

The only thing about Timeline I like is the "cover photo" which is a cool landscape photo style. Everything else about it sucks IMO. Totally convoluted. I still have my old style page, but when I'm browsing a Timeline suddenly the content will randomly shuffle itself and I lose what I was just reading.

I hate it.

With regards to TPTB creating this is some nefarious plot... well.... we all know who funded the damn thing in the first place so I have to say... nothing new here...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
I love the new Facebook layout and I have to say your post is the most absurd thing I have heard in a long time. Come on, you can't really think that changing the Facebook layout is TPTB trying to stifle us somehow.

No it's not absurd.

The new layout for your own page looks NOTHING like when you go to somebody else's.

Your own page is neatly laid out and easy to use and read.

Anybody else's page that you go to is like a Cluster butt of data.

There are like 6 different mini sections within their page and nothing as neat or clean looking as when you look at your own.

Maybe you have yet to compare...

OP is not absurd, although he may be stretching about TPTP wanting it like this.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

All my friends have the new layout as well, and I have no problem understanding their pages when I go to them. Maybe it's just me and my mind can look at layouts differently. I just happen to like it a lot and really cannot see the point of this thread. It's totally out there in the conspiracy world. Hell I had someone tell me the other day that the new "rollless" toilet paper is a scam to sell toilet paper for the same price but yet it's cheaper for them because it no longer has the "cardboard roll". Somehow this is a conspiracy to screw the consumer, instead of just being environmentally conscience.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by HIWATT

That's not true.

Every account is being "updated" to Timeline. There is no opt-out.

I believe there is a Firefox script you can run that will keep your current account LOOKING like the old one, but that only affects how YOU see your OWN page. To everyone else it will be a Timeline.

All new settings Timeline uses will also be in effect, regardless of what you choose to make you page look like to yourself.

The only thing about Timeline I like is the "cover photo" which is a cool landscape photo style. Everything else about it sucks IMO. Totally convoluted. I still have my old style page, but when I'm browsing a Timeline suddenly the content will randomly shuffle itself and I lose what I was just reading.

I hate it.

With regards to TPTB creating this is some nefarious plot... well.... we all know who funded the damn thing in the first place so I have to say... nothing new here...

Absolutely... that is the main issues I have with it... face book is suppose to connect people but when your on a page and the thing keeps updating and the layout is split into many sections... all the new layout style does is make it harder to communicate with people on FAST MOVING pages.... I'm sure lots of people that just use it to talk to their own specific friends randomly through the week probably think its great... but for the political pages that normally had thousands of post a day... I checked earlier and one of them had someone post over 8hrs ago and that was it.... people are abandoning face book as a means of messaging others that are not friends but are of the same mind...

Is it so far fetched to think obama after all he has done... has requested that face book not be such an accesable tool for people to connect and messages be spread... I am sure he hates seeing all the intelligent arguments against him.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Seriously dude...if you cannot understand the FB timeline you really do need to unplug. It not rocket science.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
Seriously dude...if you cannot understand the FB timeline you really do need to unplug. It not rocket science.

oh I understand it... just like I understand poverty, racism and religion... doesn't mean I like it

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I went to the whitehouse page today and what use too be a busy page now has very few post on it.... hows everyone liking the government interferance

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Can any one else agree that face book has become a big steaming pile of crap to follow political messages anymore...

They did it on purpose.

top topics

join