It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Close encounter with an Elusive Veichle. **** Exclusive ATS FIRST, Must see****

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So I just was driving along and had my first encounter with a Bugatti Veyron. I got out of my vehicle and tried to talk to the guy, but he was in the midst of leaving:

Hunting the Elusive Veyron:

Close encounter with a Veyron (Warning, expletive):

Enjoying afterwards:

In Soviet Russia, the Veyron hunts you
edit on 093131p://3America/ChicagoFri, 30 Mar 2012 21:22:12 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm sure it's very sexy and bling bling and all but here is my problem.

The BBC call it car of the decade. I think they missed a word though. Pointless. The most pointless car of the decade. Why you ask? Because the stupid thing can do (according to wiki) 431 km/h or 268 mp/h. Those speeds are illegal on any road unless you maybe take it to a racetrack. As we all know, people like to test their vehicle to see what it can do. I'm all for people spending their money on what they want, no matter how silly but this really might not be suitable for "some people". Sorry dude, no cigar.
ETA I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just to be clear. I'd much rather have your car than that thing.

edit on 30/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Well I understand your point, it is a 1.6 million dollar car, not to mention the insurance and maintenance costs that are bound to at least double the cost of actually owning the vehicle. Everyone was literally stopping and looking at the vehicle. I have never seen one in the flesh so I was pretty excited.

Thx for that hehe

edit on 083131p://3America/ChicagoFri, 30 Mar 2012 20:57:41 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Hehe, I just noticed the pricetag too.
Just hope he doesn't get car-jacked. One model is 1.7 million, the other is 2.7 LMAO. I imagine it wouldn't be easy to sell but hey, Picasso's can disappear too and they are unique too. I can understand the attraction of it but I do find it a touch on the obscene side in these times of economic hardship. I've never been able to afford a car in my life. *sniff*

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I understand my friend, I used to take a bus, and two trains to get to classes, I never had a car in high school or college, so I can totally understand your situation. I used to collect car magazines and hot wheels when I was younger as a boy.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Your voice sounds young though, I'm 41 and still getting nowhere fast!
Ah well, public transport is reasonable here. I could use a chick magnet like a whole in the head so I'll let you aspire all you want, just don't look at the fuel economy. 3 miles per gallon at top speed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think this is a example of how sick we are. Tought from day one that money is your God. Sexy women money and fast cars is what the average man is supposed to go after. If you see one grate but why is it a big deal? They are beautiful cars with amazing engineering. Its not like every time you see a jet you film it and fallow it around. My reason for posting this is not to offend any one but just to give you some insight of my views. People go crazy and will do just about any thing to live the life style that person lives. But why?
edit on 30-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Hehe, yea it is a chick magnet after talking to a girl at a bar in the winter months, they'd rather get in a warm vehicle after a few drinks instead of taking some dirty cab lol
. Yea I'm 30 lol. Tell you what. You come down to the states, and we will go at it with the ladies here hehe, and I will let you drive it too hehe (with your license of course lol)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

You are absolutely correct my friend. People are taught to love money and to forget God. How many threads I have here talking about God, even with my crazy partying past.

Why do you think their are hardly any cemeteries in cities? It is so that you do not think about God and your end and you live the life of bling, money, sex drugs, happiness instead of spirituality. You are correct
edit on 093131p://3America/ChicagoFri, 30 Mar 2012 21:14:27 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Sorry dude, history shows that me and ladies don't really go well together so I'll leave all that up to you. I'd be happy to chauffeur you round (I do have a Dutch license) but there's the small matter of an unwanted groping waiting for me at the airport that would put me off ever going to visit the US. Not to mention I don't even have enough money to get the train to the airport here, never mind paying for a ticket to fly there. Think we'll have to take a raincheck on that, possibly even a lifecheck.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Incredible machine, but gotta say Ferrari will always be the ultimate. I've been in love with the F50 for a long time...

Love this one too. The legendary Porsche 962... made street legal.

edit on 30-3-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That's one of those cars you put about 3 miles a year on,
and sell it for twice what you paid 30 years down the road......

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You`d have better odds at getting the US to admit to aliens than to see one Veyron that was privately owned. Might be fast but i think its ass-tasticly ugly. Makes me think of a very muscular bull frog. I can think of 10 cars of the top of my head that would beat that thing visually,but not on the track.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I never saw the point of multimillion dollar cars. I've driven at least a half dozen cars that would at least keep up with a Veyron up to 200-210 and maybe further. All of them cost at most a tenth of the price of that.

I do have to say that I would chase a Veyron around if I saw it on the road though. I've seen one up close once but it was just sitting there.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Well I understand your point, it is a 1.6 million dollar car, not to mention the insurance and maintenance costs that are bound to at least double the cost of actually owning the vehicle. Everyone was literally stopping and looking at the vehicle. I have never seen one in the flesh so I was pretty excited.

Thx for that hehe

edit on 083131p://3America/ChicagoFri, 30 Mar 2012 20:57:41 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Well I wouldn't stop what I was doing to look at it.
Seen them up close before and sat in one before(don't tell the boss).

And to the other guy going on about speed limits, there is an autobahn in Germany that has absolutely no speed limit set. You can go as fast as your car can handle or you want.

In the Northern Territory in Australia, up until recently, there was no speed limit on the highways. It is now 130km/h.

There are things beyond the top speed, like acceleration.
These cars, in decades to come, will be collectors items for motoring enthusiasts that can afford them.

If all you see is a car that can do 430kmh, then you obviously aren't a motoring enthusiast.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The other day i saw a 53 Muntz at a gas station, I was way more excited to see that than any veynron. you want rare? How about one of like 30?

bringatrailer.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
One of the ugliest vehicles I've ever seen. I see a lambo or Ferrari almost daily, and would be excited to see a Veyron, but yuck. If I was the richest man in the world I wouldn't buy one. Not just because 0-60 in 2.5 seconds would make me poo my britches, but because DAMN what an ugly car.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's funny, almost every weekend at a tiny health club I see a Veyron parked there...funnier is the same guy also shows up in an Enzo....do you know what Ferrari's requirement are for buying an Enzo?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Lucky! I've been looking for a Veyron for a long time. I lived very close to Malibu for a long time and never saw one. I did see most others though, an Enzo ( I almost crashed staring!), Mclaren SLR, countless GT-R's and Lambos. I don't get impressed too much anymore, but a Veyron would definitely cause me to crane my neck.

top topics

join