It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum stops himself mid N-word

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Googling "Santorum N Word" shows that there are several other sources that have picked this up and are discussing it. Not as much attention out there as I would have thought, though.

LIstening to this repeatedly and trying to keep an open mind, I really do thing the N word was going through his mind as he discussed Obama and he accidentally starts to verbalize it.

What is he even trying to say here anyway? Even if you ignore the slip, the statement doesn't make a lot of sense. Taking out the vocalization of "nig", he says "the anti-war Government Ah, the the the uh America was a source for division around the world." That's the best you can do to critisize Obama? He's anti-war and some vague statement about America being a source for division around the world, whatever that means. I plan on voting for Obama again, and even I can come up with much better criticisms than that.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

Oh yes he did say and then recovered

tosspot

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Whats wrong with Americans these days when they are fielding Idiots as potential presidents.

Get a grip your better than that.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
SO what if he did catch himself saying it. Its about time we were allowed the same rights as Minority groups.

Its funny how the ENTIRE black community never bats an eye-lid when a Black person calls another black person a N...(can't believe i have to sensor myself)....but a white person says it and you watch the black people suddenly become dribbling gangsters "oh no you didnt",,,"did he just call me a N" " im about to whoop some aaaassss and pop a cap in it".

At the end of the day its just a word.....B. Hussein Obama is as racist as they come. "dreams of my father" yeah....bs dreams....black thoughts only.

im mixed race myself (not black though...at all) but they are such hypocrites.

But the worse are the white people with their pretend righteous bs attitudes who condemn another person (EXCEPT A BLACK PERSON) from using the N word. They are the worst of the worst......but do you see them hanging out in Black neighborhoods...NO WAY....they preach their crap from their armchairs loud enough for others to hear and pat them on the back.

Good for santorum or whatever his name is...at least we now KNOW he is a normal HUMAN!!! Anyway is it wrong for someone to insult a puppet???????????

edit on 1-4-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wait, so you're mocking him for something he didn't say? Classy.

I heard 'government nincompoop'. He's trying to get the word back into usage.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He didnt' say the n-word .. not even close. It could have been anything. He word stumbles a lot.
(I thought he was going to say nincompoop)
But don't worry about it. He won't be POTUS. Not a chance.

Yeah, I used headphones and you're dead on!

Sounded like NIG-compoop alright!

Reaching much?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

He actually said nig then stopped so he was so going to say it

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
ROASTING A GUY FOR SOMETHING HE DID NOT SAY.
You guys are really jumping the shark.

reply to post by WeRpeons

Oh lord .. that is SOOOOO playing the race card. :shk:
Assume that people who don't like Obama and don't like his policies are racist.
Guess what .. we don't like some white people and we don't like their policies either.
Guess that means we are anti-white racists? UGH GET REAL!

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Reaching much?

Actually .. those ASSUMING that he was going to say the N-word are the ones reaching and projecting.
You just hear what you want. So much for looking at facts.

Originally posted by The Sword
I still find it funny that people are defending Santorum regardless.

I find it funny that the same people who are screaming for Zimmermans head on a platter are the ones ASSUMING that Santorum was going to say the n-word. You all are jumping to conclusions and making assumptions VOID OF FACTS.

I don't like Santorum .. but there is nothing there to suggest he was going to say the n-word.
He has stuttered through sentences before.
He easily could have been saying nincompoop or ninny .... (or a host of other thing)
To ASSUME that it was the n-word is just projection on the part of Santorum-haters.

edit on 4/1/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Saying the N-Word and not being African American seems to be a worse offence than the Zimmerman incident or the outright Genocide they have going in every inner city in America.

Anyway, It is an ugly word used in the context of what it really means but African Americans use it as a term of endearment. They are really the ones that keep that word alive as I hear it more from them than any other culture on the planet.

For Santorum to say it just lowers him to Obama's level IMO and you and I agree there. Obama is one of the biggest racists we have had in Washington in a long, long time.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, he almost said the dreaded "n word".
my alabaster companions, i'm now bestowing upon you the right to use the "n word" at your will.
feel free to use the "n word" all willy nilly like dave chapelle, or the boondocks and enjoy.
i hope it brings you as many hours of joy as it has me.
but be warned that it my have unintended side affects like: being punched by some irate chocolate complected individual, or "n word" as you will likely want to refer to him as you pick yourself up off of the floor, loss of teeth, black eyes, broken noses and other injuries.
if lisa lampinelli can so it so can you.
this ones for you.

www.youtube.com...
now that's just funny, i don't care who you are.
p.s. don't forget to drop the h and use an a.
peace out my n#$%as.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Down4Whateva because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I still find it funny that people are defending Santorum regardless.

Proof that ATS jumped the shark a long time ago.

ATS jumped the shark when Alex Jones became the source of all news.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Down4Whateva

All willy nilly! LOL.. I almost spit out my coffee when I read that. I think your post is right on but its borderline as the MODS here will jump on you for telling too much truth! Anyway, I don't think I need any more coffee this morning. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Off topic, I always love to see your posts, mainly because everything you say, I hear in Dale's voice. Totally contributes to any thread I see you on.

But on topic - I don't like Santorum, but I don't immediately judge anything I see from him or any of the other candidates. I like to hear what they have to say... Now saying that, I used to get really nervous public speaking and have stuttered and fumbled my way through a lot of speeches, announcements, what have you.... I have NEVER started to utter anything that sounded remotely like "Nig", only to derail and go off on a completely different topic.

Sounds a bit like a slip, to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ROASTING A GUY FOR SOMETHING HE DID NOT SAY.
You guys are really jumping the shark.

Well he said "Nig" so if the N-word isn't what he was about to say, what other alternative word would have been been appropriate in the situation that begins with "Nig"? I can't think of any, can you?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I hate to hear that word, or any racial slur, regardless of how many have "taken it back" and are using it as a "term of endearment".

If one can only use racial slurs in an argument, or to describe someone, it lowers my view of a person and their intelligence. Get a dictionary, and if you're a minority using it to describe a comrade, get a bit of self respect. Trust me, I hate when women throw the "B****" term around to describe their girlfriends. It's the same thing, IMO.

And why on earth would anyone want to say the N word. I hear so many white people (and I'm as white as they come) who use the "They use it, why can't we?" argument. Why would you want to? What part of you has any desire to say a word that was originally so ugly and hateful, regardless of how many have taken it back?

Some things can't be taken back - I'd venture to say it'd be difficult to find a Jewish person flying a Nazi swastika and saying "No, I'm taking it back, it's fine."

edit on 1-4-2012 by jacktorrance because: ET correct spelling.

edit on 1-4-2012 by jacktorrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I don't hear the N-word at all.

Sounds like he just stuttered.

I can't stand Santorum....But I don't think he was saying the N-word...

Curious to hear what others think though.

Anyway, interesting find. This should make for a fascinating thread.
edit on 30-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

That smarmy punk who probably got beat up every day in school definitely almost let the Freudian slip go. Luckily that closet racist has absolutely no chance to be elected the next POTUS.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

im sorry but the republicans wouldnt use the N word. DEBUNKED!

/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I do think he had to stop himself from using that word. However it is sad that most people who support him will make excuses and will not accept what they hear. I could be interpreted as he just stuttered. However I personally do not believe that is the case.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by montanasoutherngent

I do think he had to stop himself from using that word. However it is sad that most people who support him will make excuses and will not accept what they hear. I could be interpreted as he just stuttered. However I personally do not believe that is the case.

well he did stutter, he stuttered when he realized he was about to say the n-word on an open mic in front of people who didn't all think obama was one.

people can play damage control all they like, but when you hear government nig- then he changes the subject there is a good chance the word wasn't anything but it.
nincompoop? if he was saying nincompoop, why stifle it? no one is really offended by the word. yet he did, that tells me that the n word he was going to use was the bad one and he knew it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wow

I think he was gonna say "Nine Inch Nails"

At first I thought is was BS, I showed my girlfriend and she thought it was bull too...

Then we watched it in context, from 5 minutes before that mark, we looked and eachother
and agreed, he slipped up . When you watch it in context you can sense how angry and
hateful he feels, then it is clear as a bell.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join