It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas cop filmed threatening to arrest men for being afraid of Taser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

A video published to YouTube on Friday appears to show a police officer at a Walmart store in Houston, Texas threatening several black males with a Taser, then claiming he would arrest them, apparently because they cowered away from his weapon.

Reached by Raw Story, a Houston police spokesman said it was not one of their officers involved in the confrontation, and the man’s identity remains unknown.

Source

One thing I cannot stand is anyone who is on a power trip using their position of authority as a tool of fear.
This is only one case,there are plenty more examples out there to choose from.

:Shakes head:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Wow. The cop assaulted that kid for no reason, he put his hands on him, it is text book assault, and the cop should have charges pressed against him. If the roles were reversed the kid would be in jail.

I hate the cop video threads, usually because they don't tell the whole story, but this one tells the whole story and that guy should not have a badge or a weapon, and even as a civilian he should not be able to carry a weapon he is not mature enough.

ETA: Whoops, just read a little more, perhaps he isn't even a cop? He might just be a security guard! If that is true those kids should have beat him down in self-defense, but since they are young and black it would have ended badly for them, so I'm glad they held their cool!

edit on 30-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

He might just be a security guard! If that is true those kids should have beat him down in self-defense

Um... Isn't that the kind of vigilante mindset everyone is against right now? And yeah, it appears he is a cop from a neighboring area pulling security as a side job.

My guess is that the kids were asked to leave for filming on the property (against the rules). If so, the cop should have just trespassed them, and if they refused to leave arrested them. He was an over eager son of a bitch and certainly there should be some action taken against him but from the beginning of the video it seems the kids were poking the bear. Why film the parking lot giggling? The one young man could have gotten himself in deep poo for trying to hold back the cop in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

it seems the kids were poking the bear. Why film the parking lot giggling?

That is very possible. He might have a reputation as a grumpy old night watchman at Walmart, and they might have been provoking him, but I can empathize, because I've done similar things in my youth. When someone is known to be power-trippy and bullish it is very hard to not enjoy provoking them.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Wow, this cop/guard was honestly out of control and has no business being in any position of authority.

He flew into a rage for no good reason. If he had a problem with them filming, he should have hit them with a tresspas charge and banned them from the property....Not assault them.

He pulled his taser out. Why? Because they said they don't have to show ID... That is a completely disgusting over reaction.

This guy needs to be identified. He apparently doesn't belong to Houston PD. He assaulted these men and had no reason to pull that taser out. They backed away out of self defense....And honestly, they could have done more legally to defend themselves against this out of control thug on a power trip.

Most cops and guards are awesome...But it is easy to spot the ones who took the job because they wanted to be on a power trip...

edit on 30-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Totally agree. I remember I was in 8th grade and a bunch of us left to go to the little Deli nearby (half day). There was a motorcycle cop sitting there and I walked in and said, 'Hmmmmm do I smell bacon?'. I actually thought the cop would laugh because it DID smell like bacon. No dice. I got reprimanded in front of a bunch of other 8th graders.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Massive Fail

He asked them not to record him, and they said they weren't , they turned away, then this sorry sack of ..... did what too many LEO's do nowadays, he took it too far.

That sorry sack of .... was LUCKY these were decent kids and not some bad a....

Or we would be wasting 6 feet of soil on his sorry azz.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Texas keeps them folks in check!!

Dont mess with Texas!!

edit on 30-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Dont mess with Texas!!

Who exactly are "them folks"?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It bewilders and disgusts me that more cops than less (nationwide) exhibit this fury, this rage and this obnoxious overexertion of inflated "manhood" or machismo.. It's quite disgusting and THREATening to the public, nothing short of terrorizing upon the community.

Compared to cops in Italy for example, they are like knights in shining armor and SO courteous!

As for American cops? Generally live up to their streetname PIGS

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Dont mess with Texas!!

Reminds me of this clip. "You people? You people? Who the hell is us people?"

Language warning...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I am also curious about that. Of course this has to be another racial issue. No way any white kids would ever mess with a fat grumpy cop for fun.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I am also curious about that. Of course this has to be another racial issue. No way any white kids would ever mess with a fat grumpy cop for fun.

Well, to be fair, we would do it, but we would probably get away with it whereas a black kid would wind up beat down, shot, or imprisoned.

I hate to admit it, but there really is a different standard. I got away with the things I got away with, because I had a good family, and it would have been a nightmare for them if I had been abused by the police, but when they abuse some fatherless black kid from a neighborhood where all the kids are expected to go to jail anyway, nobody thinks twice about it, and there are no repercussions.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Dont mess with Texas!!

Answer: thugs, trouble-makers, degenerates, knuckleheads, idiots etc. Those such types.

Why, what are YOU assuming?

Texas doesnt cower down to those types.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
pathetic lowlifes baiting a security guard at wal-mart. what an embaressing video.
why where they filming outside walmart?
grow up.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
pathetic lowlifes baiting a security guard at wal-mart. what an embaressing video.
grow up.

Really? They kept their cool, they even tried to be humorous about it, and they tried to excerpt their rights as individuals which is more than most grown people will even try to do. I think they are exactly the opposite of lowlifes. If they were lowlifes they would have put a hurtin on that guard. Even if he had tazed one, the other could have hurt him bad, and been justified in doing so since the guard attacked them first, but instead they took the high road and tried to appease him, and they were polite the whole time. I would be proud if these were kids of mine.

This is a lowlife.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I hate to admit it, but there really is a different standard.

Agreed. Stop making good points so that I agree with you, jerk. Every time I have had contact with the police, I have been treated with the utmost respect. I am pretty sure in a few of these contacts I would have been in hot water were I not a clean cut white guy. I can think of three occasions where most anyone would have gone to jail, one of which EVERYONE goes to jail for. I was driven home on two of those occasions. Once from the precinct. And still no criminal record.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by lacrimosa
grow up.

Really? They kept their cool, they even tried to be humorous about it, and they tried to excerpt their rights as individuals which is more than most grown people will even try to do. I think they are exactly the opposite of lowlifes. If they were lowlifes they would have put a hurtin on that guard. Even if he had tazed one, the other could have hurt him bad, and been justified in doing so since the guard attacked them first, but instead they took the high road and tried to appease him, and they were polite the whole time. I would be proud if these were kids of mine.

This is a lowlife.

They were CLEARLY baiting that officer.

They are trouble-makers looking for trouble and filming it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

why didnt they just go home? they were there with the sole intent of making a video to put on the internet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

That security guard is way out of line, but if he isn't a cop and WalMart doesn't allow filming or whatever then technically he can stop them. However he did WAY over react and they probably have more of a case against him than he does against them (especially considering he has no case).

Are there security guards at many WalMarts? I have never seen one at the WalMarts around here. Not security in this sense, maybe loss prevention.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join