It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How were you saved (for people who are beleivers in the Lord)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
how did it happen? how did God change your life ect
just go ahead tell me all, I love to hear it when people tell me how their life was turned around, i'll tell you mine later but I have to go. Gym, awesome place, hoping to be the best runner!

GOD BLESS!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
NO HATERS PLEASE, I don't want to hear any ranting... or bad things about God, just to be on my topic,
THANKS

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
okay back

before: I was just kind of...didn't care about anyone, hated myself, hated the world, was mean to people. Though I grew up a christian, even though I was lost I never had doubt that God was real, I always knew it, so I never did anything so stupid or dumb that could hurt me or anyone else. Well I did hurt some people before... but that's because of my ignorance. I was mad too... because what happened to my sister, how I moved a lot, that I used to live in the salvation army, just so much going on in my life, that was just part of it.

anyways, one day my sister who all of a sudden comes back to our family and wants to take us to church...weird...
and I havn't been to church in a long while.
at church there was going to be a summer camp
anyways... the people they were so great you know...
and on the day I was saved I was ...it was so weird, I really fealt like a load was off me--I can't even explain in words
I know you're going "oh she's one of those..."
but ... you don't know what "one of those" are, and one day when you find out, you'll be "one of those".

surprise- it was only 2 months ago

one of the greatest summers of my life.
and I beleive, no matter what anyone says...

I mean if you really knew me... it is a BIG thing.

okay now, I get to hear someone elses story! I wanted to keep my quick so I didn't bore anyone =D

[Edited on 1-10-2004 by regnassem]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well, I'll keep it short for 2 reasons: Non believers have a tenddency to see threads like this as a real threat to themselves, I don't know why. Also, my experience is quite similar to yours.

Basically, I was depressed about 3 years ago, was on anti-depressants that made me much worse, stopped the anti depressants and stayed depressed.

Then one day out of the blue I just started thinking about God and Jesus, like it had been planted in my head. Until that moment I had been a complete atheist, hated Christians and all religion and often argued about it.

But right then, and ever since, I just "felt" God. I prayed a lot, and I feel a bit ashamed but a often asked him to show me little signs - and to my surprise, He did! I can't go into what they were, they were mostly personal things, but I always knew he was listening. It turned my life around, helped me to get over depression without the aid of anti depressants, and I haven't looked back since.

But when I was an Atheist, I often lambasted christians, which I am now ashamed of, but I can see how the non-believers are thinking too....it's a difficult thing to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it for themselves.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Well, I'll keep it short for 2 reasons: Non believers have a tenddency to see threads like this as a real threat to themselves, I don't know why. Also, my experience is quite similar to yours.

Basically, I was depressed about 3 years ago, was on anti-depressants that made me much worse, stopped the anti depressants and stayed depressed.

Then one day out of the blue I just started thinking about God and Jesus, like it had been planted in my head. Until that moment I had been a complete atheist, hated Christians and all religion and often argued about it.

But right then, and ever since, I just "felt" God. I prayed a lot, and I feel a bit ashamed but a often asked him to show me little signs - and to my surprise, He did! I can't go into what they were, they were mostly personal things, but I always knew he was listening. It turned my life around, helped me to get over depression without the aid of anti depressants, and I haven't looked back since.

But when I was an Atheist, I often lambasted christians, which I am now ashamed of, but I can see how the non-believers are thinking too....it's a difficult thing to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it for themselves.

that's awesome man really... I actually I enjoyed hearing that, my mom actually she used to be catholic and when she had nothing left...like she was totally messed, she was all "okay God if you are real then show me..."
soon that day her aunt came in and wanted to take her to church...anyways you know the story.

so how's your life going now?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by regnassem

that's awesome man really... I actually I enjoyed hearing that, my mom actually she used to be catholic and when she had nothing left...like she was totally messed, she was all "okay God if you are real then show me..."
soon that day her aunt came in and wanted to take her to church...anyways you know the story.

so how's your life going now?

My lifes going a lot smoother compared to what it used to be like

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My lifes going a lot smoother compared to what it used to be like.

cool cool
so have you helped anyone... it's hard to help people, I mean some people get saved and don't, but I like to help people... it's what the world needs right now is God... i'm not trying to sound like a freak but it's true.
oh I like to listen to our pastors from california talk on the radio and this guy is my second favorite and he talked about saving a demon pssed girl, no she was a woman just short. and i heard green stuff was coming out of her eyes... the cops found her and they didn't want to get near her, so they called partor chuck and they bought other pastors and this girl...she was growling at them, not fake but for real anyways... one gets behind her and holds her down and it took 13 guys to hold her down because you know, demons give you power and its STRONG and they prayed for her... and it went away anyways why am i telling you this ^.^

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thats pretty creepy....

I havent had the chance tho help anyone as such, only little things, but Im sur eI would if the chance arose

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have just joined ATS/BTS and I am really enjoying it. It is a great place to see where people are at in this world. There is also so much information to take in.

I have been a born again christian for about 3 years. Before I found Jesus or should I say He found me, my life was a real mess. I was very selfish and never thought of any one but myself. I have two kids one is 9 the other 5. They went thru heaps before I found the Lord, especially my oldest. I had lots of bad addictions, I wont go into all the gory details because I will be here all night. Any way I started meeting all these people who were christians. I found them to be beautiful people and very smart and educated too. Not long after I had a strong desire to read the bible. When I had acquired one I started reading from the very start. I thought I would read it just like any book from beginning to end. After reading about Cain and Abel something came over me. I felt so bad about myself that I just broke down crying because of the horrible things I had done in my life. Cain looked like an angel compared to me, so if he was punished the way he was I thought God would have no choice but to send me straight to hell. As I was going to bed that night I saw a vision of Jesus and I felt His love flowing thru and around me I will never forget it the love of our Savior it is unexplainable. He loved me no matter what I had done. I explained all of this to my christian friend. She told me that nothing is unforgiveable and why Jesus died on the cross.

After my salvation I felt like I was walking in a beam of light and I just wanted to tell every one the truth. My eyes had been opened and to me it looked like every one else was walking around under the spell of satan. Of course nobody took me seriously and I have had a lot to learn about being a christian and I don't think the learning will ever stop.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. I really enjoyed sharing my story with you guys.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rosebeforetime
I have just joined ATS/BTS and I am really enjoying it. It is a great place to see where people are at in this world. There is also so much information to take in.

I have been a born again christian for about 3 years. Before I found Jesus or should I say He found me, my life was a real mess. I was very selfish and never thought of any one but myself. I have two kids one is 9 the other 5. They went thru heaps before I found the Lord, especially my oldest. I had lots of bad addictions, I wont go into all the gory details because I will be here all night. Any way I started meeting all these people who were christians. I found them to be beautiful people and very smart and educated too. Not long after I had a strong desire to read the bible. When I had acquired one I started reading from the very start. I thought I would read it just like any book from beginning to end. After reading about Cain and Abel something came over me. I felt so bad about myself that I just broke down crying because of the horrible things I had done in my life. Cain looked like an angel compared to me, so if he was punished the way he was I thought God would have no choice but to send me straight to hell. As I was going to bed that night I saw a vision of Jesus and I felt His love flowing thru and around me I will never forget it the love of our Savior it is unexplainable. He loved me no matter what I had done. I explained all of this to my christian friend. She told me that nothing is unforgiveable and why Jesus died on the cross.

After my salvation I felt like I was walking in a beam of light and I just wanted to tell every one the truth. My eyes had been opened and to me it looked like every one else was walking around under the spell of satan. Of course nobody took me seriously and I have had a lot to learn about being a christian and I don't think the learning will ever stop.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. I really enjoyed sharing my story with you guys.

aawwwwe man, that was so radical
I know what you mean how you wanted to tell everyone...
and it's just an awesome feeling isn't it?

yeah i've heard things like that before too "There is never a sin to big for God"
but that was awesome how you explained how you fealt, quote
"I felt like I was walking in a beam of light"
and I felt like it was just this feeling between me and God and no one else can feel it but me, but then you meet some people...you know.
and your spirit--man it's incredible, I wanted to go to praise forever... I thought I could live in church and praise forever, it's what I wanted to do... I remember my sister picked me up and I was so upset I just wanted to be with God. It was as if everything around me....just didn't matter anymore... like I didn't even care. Everything I ever loved could just die...but leave me Jesus... I don't know... but it's the great feeling I ever fealt in my life, and it's still there.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It was really funny when i first got saved. I thought wow now every one will understand they just havn't had it explained to them properly. So when I started to tell every one, thinking that they would have the same reaction as I did, because I was going to explain it to them properly. It was a bit of a downer when they all thought I was going crazy. Now I see that it is by my life and attitude towards life that makes people interested in wanting to know Jesus. We need to imitate Jesus and show Him to people thru our lives.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Now I see that it is by my life and attitude towards life that makes people interested in wanting to know Jesus. We need to imitate Jesus and show Him to people thru our lives.

yeah, you shouldn't talk to people about God unless you know ...things, but as new beleivers who really got saved you just can't help it huh ~.^
You should just live a life of God... and things will come your way, unless the spirit is really talking to you and telling you to help someone.
I stopped trying to help people because I know I wasn't so ready yet to help people, so I just lived and... I was at school, I always pray before I eat, my new friend was sitting in front of me, so when i'm done praying, I open my eyes look up and she has this crazy look on her face like "what is she doing" and then I was just all whatever, and i started eating and then I look up and i see her praying! It was so radical.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i joined the military

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i joined the military

sweet, good for you ... be safe okay?

top topics

join