It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object spotted above the Lunar surface

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Is it not the shadow of the shuttle taking the pic?

A much more likely explanation is that during the long process of scanning and digitizing all the millions of photographs from the NASA missions, a piece of dust got on the scanner bed. If it were a shadow, we'd expect it to be blurred in a manner consistent with the lunar surface at the particular focal depth of the photograph, reflecting the orientation of the craft and the position of the sun. On the other hand, you can essentially guarantee that at least one of the digital copies of these photographs will feature a piece of dust on the scanning bed.

Man, this thread has brought out all of the expert analysts who must be looking for a job as analysts! A piece of dust? No cigar.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

Originally posted by Willease
I happen to be friends with Streetcap1 so I know this anomaly is not faked. But having found over 1800 anomalies myself in NASA images, I wouldn't hold my breath about it being an alien craft.

Maybe you two would like some tea and toast to go with your friendship and love for aliens.

MEMO: Aliens dont exist, its a HUGE plot to deceive the human people into thinking there is life beyond earth.
Find all the anomalies you want, they will keep adding more.

Who will add more? NASA? There is no plot to fool people into believing anything of the kind. The accusation is absurd and unwarranted.
By the way, here's another anomaly...

AS11-39-5741
www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

I happen to be friends with Streetcap1 so I know this anomaly is not faked. But having found over 1800 anomalies myself in NASA images, I wouldn't hold my breath about it being an alien craft.

Maybe you two would like some tea and toast to go with your friendship and love for aliens.

MEMO: Aliens dont exist, its a HUGE plot to deceive the human people into thinking there is life beyond earth.
Find all the anomalies you want, they will keep adding more.

Who will add more? NASA? There is no plot to fool people into believing anything of the kind. The accusation is absurd and unwarranted.
By the way, here's another anomaly...

AS11-39-5741
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Looks like a spec of dust?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

If it was a speck of dust on the lens, it would be way out of focus. Further more, the following picture shows the same anomaly to the upper left of the photo instead on the middle as is the case in the photo above.
Given your anti Ron Paul avatar, your opinion means very little to me anyways.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I can't say for the other images but the first clearly looks like a fleck of dirt on the image but then again others will start the 'aliens morph into odd shapes to confuse researchers' type dialogue. I believe but I'm not going to make a fool out of myself for that image.

The item is very obviously near the scanners lens, its in focus while the image isn't.

Isn't that enough?

edit on 1-4-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
I can't say for the other images but the first clearly looks like a fleck of dirt on the image but then again others will start the 'aliens morph into odd shapes to confuse researchers' type dialogue. I believe but I'm not going to make a fool out of myself for that image.

The item is very obviously near the scanners lens, its in focus while the image isn't.

Isn't that enough?

edit on 1-4-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

No. Why? Because if there was a speck of dirt on the lens, it would not be focused. You can prove this yourself by adding a little dirt to a camera lens and taking a picture. For that matter, try and focus on the speck of dirt...you can't. My guess, it's a flaw in the processing of the image.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Willease

You can prove this yourself by adding a little dirt to a camera lens and taking a picture.

These are scanned images. It is dirt on the original 70mm film. You can also see scratches and hairs.
edit on 4/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Here is the pic in full resolution,zoom in on the object far into the distance. Undeniably a craft of some-sort.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

That looks really unimpressive and totally fake. Looks like someone is trying to test their Photoshop skills.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderofLostSouls

Here is the pic in full resolution,zoom in on the object far into the distance. Undeniably a craft of some-sort.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

That looks really unimpressive and totally fake. Looks like someone is trying to test their Photoshop skills.

Yup, NASA love to photo-shop weird objects into their pics!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This wouldn't be a shadow of the shuttle, as the highest the shuttle ever went was 400 miles from the surface of the earth, during the Hubble servicing missions.

It could, however, be a shadow from the crew module in orbit around the moon. This looks to me like it could be the 3rd stage rocket body from the apollo missions, as the vintage of the photograph suggests that it was taken during that time frame.

The 3rd stage rocket body would escape the earths gravitational pull along with the LM and CM modules, and would travel along with the astronauts during their trip to the moon. If you read some of the transcripts of the first apollo missions, you will see that they mention watching the rocket body move right along with them.

Nasa later used the 3rd stage rocket bodies to conduct impact experiments on the moon, as well as testing the seismometers that were installed on the surface of the moon.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The cauldron of truth is bubbling over now days,I am sure this post has helped more viewers to discover the truth.The atmpsosphere of the moon contains as much life as the surface and inside.

As Zorgon has mentioned these creatures feed of plasma and other chemicals in the air,think an ocean of animals in the sky.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That was a very interesting photo. It looked to me like a ghost riding a motor cycle. It might be a craft, but it might be an angel or demon too. I don't know what it is but either way that was cool and it is something I am sure is not of this world.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I see the debris Phage is talking about. I also see several white towers that are not debris.

Edit: The white towers ARE debris too. Darn.

edit on 4-1-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for new data.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderofLostSouls

Well, at least you're correct in pointing out that as an image artifact, it doesn't appear to "fit in the picture." It's too sharp for its surroundings, indicating that it's not a physical object that was present and photographed at the time of this picture.

Photoshop is extremely unlikely. Nobody would try to pass such a piss-poor attempt as the real deal. NASA has no incentive to go out of their way to add such vague, purposeless imagery to their photographs, and yet it's present in official NASA data. The conclusion is the obvious one- it's a speck of dirt that found its way into the scanning stage.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
"Pedantic" I must be for you supplied the answer to the not-asked question. The OP is about an object above the lunar surface. That's where any other "anomaly" should be seen to be discussed.

On the contrary- if similar things are seen not only above the horizon but below (as I myself can see), then it can help us figure out what's really going on here. There's no point in arbitrarily limiting our inquiry. And of course, someone else has pointed out in this thread a similar object above the horizon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join