It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Utah in line for a big earthquake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've noticed in the last few months that small earthquake activity has picked up recently in Utah. Ive followd usgs for about 2 years now, and noticed in the last few weeks maybe month that the earthquake activity has picked up in that region.

Utah earthquake map

The last semi big earthquake that happend was on October 4, 1967, a magnitude 5.2 earthquake.

History of Utah earthquake.

Whats your thoughts ATS, am i on track to something semi big happening there, or just reading way too much into it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
well the fact that you are not a seismologist, but you're attempting to track earthquakes tells me you are reading too much into it.

I guess we will just have to wait and find out. have you ever predicted a major earthquake before??? that would be an awesome achievement!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
well the fact that you are not a seismologist, but you're attempting to track earthquakes tells me you are reading too much into it.

I guess we will just have to wait and find out. have you ever predicted a major earthquake before??? that would be an awesome achievement!

No, can't say that i'm a seismologist. I wish i could say i have predicted a major quake but alas i have not. I know last year they said it was a record breaking year for quakes and i feel like this year will blow that record out of the water.
edit on 30-3-2012 by KingJod because: Had to fix a word.

join