It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok... im hooked... (Minecraft) :(

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

hahaha... uhh no...

It used to be peaceful... but lightning and the new "survival/hardcore mode" made it anything but peaceful...

Honestly, i've played lots of games with amazing graphix and stuff... this game makes me jump more then any of them...

Creepers are

And when you're digging through a dungeon and you hear that zombie moan... or a ender?

lol ya...

Wait til you play a deathban server :bnghd:

You'll love it

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Minecraft is a fun addictive game. For those of you who like the free, sandbox games and particularly enjoy the survival aspect of it, might I suggest a game from the same designer (Notch) called Wurmonline. (go to wurmonline.com) It came out several years before Minecraft and in fact was the inspiration for it. The graphics, although better than Minecraft are still somewhat blocky and minimalist, but the gameplay is phenomenal if you can live long enough to enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I admit that those monsters creep me the hell out late at night. Nothing worse than mining and you hear the groan or the spider and have no idea where they are, lol. Or they stalk outside your door.
edit on 8-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So anyone on skype that can help a supernoob. Consider it community service

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I got the PC version around April, and my laptop hates it. Any ideas on how I can make it run better?
I've got the render distance close, and the graphics turned down low, but it still lags, and even pauses when I click because I guess the frame rate is too high??

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Have you tried the Optifine mod?
The 1.3.1 version just came out.

Optifine lets you change details, animations, textures, weather, etc. You can choose between a lot of options and they're explained when you hover the cursor over them so you know what you're changing.

You can double your FPS and make the game run smooth.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Reviving this thread.

We should have a Minecraft ATS server

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Very fun game, I also love the rubbish graphics, think it makes it more fun.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci
Reviving this thread.

A big yes from me!!

We could chip in, cause I think you have to pay right?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think it should be pushed through as the modern day basket weaving....soooooo therapeutic!

Although Minecraft does tend to bring out some over ambitious idea's! lol

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by Vidpci
Reviving this thread.

A big yes from me!!

We could chip in, cause I think you have to pay right?

It depends how many people want in. It can hosted on a home pc up to like 20-30 people though.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Since Christmas I've gone onto Arcane legends. It's a free MMO you can either play on android or in the Chrome browser. They obviously try to wheedle real money out of you by paying for platinum, but you don't really need to part with money to enjoy the game.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Oh god tell me about it.
Playing on the Xbox edition, there is a space limit so the map is limited, and you have something like 200 spaces above sea level, less if you're building from a hill or whatever.
Before Christmas, I decided it would be a good idea to build a legit sky scraper. It took three days playing in 4 hour blocks (I only had the evening to do it in). Despite being in creative mode, it was a trial. Thank god I had music to see me through.

I kind of went off it a bit after that.
I've got a couple of saves with overly ambitious creations, some of which I messed up but can't rectify due to it being a save which still has active achievements, so using creative mode will disable them for good on that save. I've got all the achievements anyway but if people wanted to get the On Rails one, they wouldn't be able to if I'd used creative mode on that save, and that's the save I really need to use it on XD

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join