It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok... im hooked... (Minecraft) :(

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I love Minecraft, and I know more women than guys that play it too (me included). My laptop is a bit old a decrepit now, so it's only good for internet use really, so I got it on Xbox.
I'd heard people talking about it for ages, and decided I'd just go for it. Turns out, it was the best thing I ever did.

I personally prefer playing on Xbox, although there aren't as many items (there are still a lot, with additional updates to come), I love being able to sit and play with my Xbox live buddies and make awesome creations together

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
While I was bored during recovery, I downloaded minecraft.

It is a little addicting. Not as addicting for me as Sim City was, but it is catchy.

Now trying to move around and using the mouse and keyboard does suck, and pisses me off. As well as getting stuck behind a tree.

Last weekend, I just got my armor together when I died. SIGH

The other problem is caused me is that it uses a third party money handler in London, so it flagged my account and closed it, LOL.

I had to wait for a few days for a new debit card.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is there an ATS server for Minecraft?

And is there an infinetly patient player her who can talk me through it?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

If you're having issues with using it on PC, I'd be happy to go through it with you on Xbox, it's much easier to control

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I didn't realize how many new things were added. Like these desert and jungle temples, villages and stuff. So much to do.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Thank you but I don't have an xbox.

I think it would be fun to play with other members.

Just don't poke fun at me.
edit on 18-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

i might suggest that everyone try the two servers i posted on the second page...

Nixie_nox: Try playing survivial or even hardcore if you get a chance... That IS what got me hooked...

Yes its fun to build things, but the real fun comes when danger is involved...

This is why i love the deathban servers... one life, if you die.. you're banned for a period...

By the way guys.... i warned you this game is addictive...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I need people to play with online on X-box.
Most in my friends list who play never let me join (it may be because the first time I joined them I had earphones in listening to music and was obviously ignoring what they were saying over mics).
I won't do that again but they never allow me to join.

In my world I have had a lot of fun building my house that extends into a mountain that I have mined the crap out of. I have a Portal built into a wall in the mountain part of my house, I have crops on the roof of my house and a territory surrounding my house so creepers can't blow my walls down, and it really works.

I've explored the world a little bit but once I finished my house I don't find it any fun to play on my own.
I have let people into my world but they always disrupt my progress or completely alter stuff so I boot them and reload. Build what ever you want were ever you want just not in MY house that I spent weeks building.

I have plenty of chest, some full of cobblestone. Others have more usuful items that I have been collecting.
I'd just appreciat that no-one steals my gold, iron or diamonds. I worked damn hard for them.

I have a mine cart down to the very bottom of the mountain to "help" getting more things back up.
I put help in quotations because sometimes it makes things worse. Especially considering the minecart track is not in protective territory. Damn creepers. Well I guess I have one more job to do alone and thats putting up more fences.

PM me your gamertags if your interested in helping me or I can help you in yours.
I won't publicly post my gamer tag here for personal reasons.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Now what happens on a server?

Multiple people can work the same area?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

it depends on what kind of server you like... theres creative servers where everyone just builds... Theres pvp servers... not my thing. And theres hardcore servers where anything goes...

Some servers offer protection for your chests and buildings, some don't...

Then theres the Deathban servers where you play anything goes... but you only get one life...

It just depends on what you like... theres pros and cons to each of them

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So I joined the superearth server but I can't even figure out how to chat, lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I've been playing it for ages, but alas, not on a server. The only server game here is on xbox.
It would have been fun to create an ATS server game.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I feel your pain! I thought it looked silly when my boyfriend first showed it to me...then somehow I became oddly addicted to it.. the longest i've played was for eight hours straight lol

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I having trouble trying to play after the new update. I'm getting the "can't connect to minecraft.net" is it something on my end or is the server down for everyone?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I don't know
I didn't have any problems.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thanks for responding. The server was down last night apparently. Logged on fine this morning.

But now my mods don't work. lol Have to download the new versions.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This may sound funny to you guys who play Minecraft, but I actually enjoy watching my kids and their friends play. My nephews play too. It's really cool to watch and see what they build. They are all so creative and it is fun to see the different styles they have in the way they build. Oh and the enemies are funny to watch too.

My younger son is the one who started playing it when it was in development still I guess. I think it's called beta testing? Well it was free then because it wasn't done yet. Now they play it on Xbox, but say that the comp version is better.

My kids' one friend balked at the game when they wanted him to try it, but he tried it and was immediately hooked. He's the kinda guy who always likes violent straightforward shooters. He was excited to come over and play with them again! Mind you my kids are older, the oldest of the group is almost 21.

I actually like the sound of the digging.
I find it relaxing. My son was playing on the computer in our bedroom and I wanted to go to bed. He was gonna stop playing and I told him he didn't have to because I like the sounds and the music in the game! Very relaxing.

So anyway I just thought some of you might get a kick out of my angle on the game.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I was looking at its web page.
it now has a add on for cretures cute and monsters.
and a evil space univers wow!
if it is blocks then the download speed should be fast? is it??

I love playing second life. free to.
but you pay for thebest stuff.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Yup... download only takes seconds and install is under a minute...

Though i don't use mods there are tons of them

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So I was just playing a few minutes ago. Building a new house to make a huge farm with. And I'm making the roof and all the sudden a loud thunder and a crack of lightning. Scared the crap out of me and set 3 wood blocks on fire. I thought Minecraft was supposed to be peaceful. I jumped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join